Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 8, 2011 9:40:29 AM PST
T. Quachri says:
So I recently read that the lead designer on this is actually Julian Gollop, who all the cool kids know created the original X-COM. Sure, this seems like just another one of the seeming-billions of Tom Clancy games at first, but the design pedigree is enough to make this one of my most anticipated 3DS games now. So this is less a "discussion" than a "I can't believe they don't mention that on the product page, because that made the difference between me ignoring the game and pre-ordering it" kind of thing, but there you go.

Posted on Feb 18, 2011 3:55:54 PM PST
Whoah thanks for that info! I still love X-Com (bought the whole collection on Steam) and play Laser Squad Nemesis from time to time, so this should be a treat!

Posted on Feb 22, 2011 2:01:15 PM PST
Oh hey, yeah. That is cool. So does that mean it's turn based? I suck at real-time strategy.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 22, 2011 2:43:14 PM PST
T. Quachri says:
Yup, it's turn-based -- I'm fairly crummy at real-time, myself. Also of note: they just announced today that Shadow Wars WILL be making the March 27 launch date.

Posted on Feb 25, 2011 7:03:56 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 25, 2011 7:04:28 PM PST
JAEMO says:
pre-order @ target.com for $29.99

Posted on Mar 18, 2011 7:08:15 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 21, 2011 1:19:12 PM PDT
Stephan says:
There's a very nice review of the game from a Julian Gollop's fan here http://www.gamepeople.co.uk/multi_3ds_tomclancysghostreconshadowwars.htm

Edit: Now there's also a walkthrough of one of the missions of the game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueqSpYcXrS4

Posted on Mar 27, 2011 4:15:52 AM PDT
MyriamM says:
All in all what I see as very good reviews for the game in Gaming sites, with the main criticisms (when there are) being rather inconsequential in my book. http://www.metacritic.com/game/3ds/tom-clancys-ghost-recon-shadow-wars/critic-reviews . 70 from Eurogamer and IGN, the rest so far (Gamespot, ONM UK, GamesTM, etc) 80.

Posted on Mar 28, 2011 2:22:51 PM PDT
D. Bisciglia says:
Yeah i just ordered this with my insanely high amount of credit accrued from 3ds purchase/buying 2 launch games...after watching a gameplay vid and hearing it compared to x-com (and having the resulting minute-long orgasm) i couldn't say no. How I've been oblivious to this game's existence til now I'll never know...but yeah--psyched.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  7
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  Feb 8, 2011
Latest post:  Mar 28, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Shadow Wars
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Shadow Wars by UBI Soft (Nintendo 3DS)
4.3 out of 5 stars   (101)