Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: X-Men First Class - Volume 1
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc CaseLangVeirs Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro

on February 3, 2014
So, I blind purchased this and the first volume without knowing they were 'all ages' titles, so I was a little taken aback when they arrived but honestly, they are great for just picking up and reading a chapter here and there. You will instantly love the classic characters and the art is consistently great. The size is smaller than normal trades but you can't beat the price on these, especially if you're afraid your kids are going to destroy them.

4 stars!
on February 4, 2013
Sometimes we forget that comics were originally intended for kids. Jeff Parker and Roger Cruz remind of that in the best way. After years of lamenting the fact that the comics market is long in the tooth and fearing a total fan base extinction, X-Men First Class bring us back to what's best about a young mind's view of the world, a young, idealistic, wondering mind that is experiencing those first steps out into a bigger world, into the real world with its real cares instead of imagined ones. This collection is the perfect blend of action, teenage-style navigation of relationships, measuring oneself against older adults seen as chosen or unwanted mentors, etc. I especially liked the unique blend of stories bringing in characters unusual to the X-Men storyline: The Lizard, Thor and the Vanir, Doctor Strange, the Scarlet Witch, etc. It was quite intriguing. I'm glad I can read a comic and just truly enjoy it again; it was a lot like watching a Saturday cartoon over and over. And that's a good thing. Marko Djurdevic's covers were astoundingly fantastic and will give children a hint of what so-called "real" art is all about; no matter what age you are, you know amazing work when you see it, and Marko's covers are definitely that. Yet some complaint other readers have had (that they felt misled by these covers, that the covers somehow implied deeper, more adult-themed stories than the, in my opinion wonderfully juvenile types of stories they actually found .I found it all very refreshing. Roger Cruz has mastered his own, unique style, and Jeff Parker was able to write stories for kids without making you feel dumb, stupid, or empty while reading them. The stories were good, the characters were real, and the situations involved kept me reading this to the end. I cannot say that about all the so-called better comics that friends have tried to pass off to me as more intellectually highbrow fare. Go into X-Men First Class with a dignified childlike mind, and I promise that you'll be glad you did. Who says you can't go back home again? This was just like Saturday morning watching cartoons, waiting for Mom to bring a plate of cookies and cocoa (or milk)!
on January 21, 2013
My step son is beginning to like comic books. We asked around for some good ideas and this one was recommended as a good first comic book. He has really enjoyed it.
on October 24, 2015
not what I thought it would be. its ok
on November 21, 2014
IF i bought it and its rated 4 or 5 STARS then YOU should WATCH it or READ it. and if your don't end up liking it then you have no sense of good movies so i really don't know how found any of these amazing products