X-Men Origins: Wolverine DVD specs single, two disc, Bluray

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 29, 2009 10:54:31 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 29, 2009 10:56:27 AM PDT
Jem says:
The X-Men Origins: Wolverine BD and Special Edition DVD are both loaded with bonus material including commentary by director Hood and producers Lauren Shuler Donner and Ralph Winter, a conversation with Wolverine creators Stan Lee and Len Wein, deleted and alternate scenes, behind-the-scenes featurettes and much more. The Ultimate 2-Disc Blu-ray will be available for a suggested retail price of $39.99 U.S. while the 2-Disc Special Edition DVD will be available for $34.98 U.S., both featuring Digital Copy. Additionally, a single-disc DVD will be available for $29.98 U.S.

Two-Disc Special Edition Specs:

The X-Men Origins: Wolverine 2-Disc Special Edition DVD is presented in widescreen (FOX TO PROVIDE ASPECT RATIO) with English 5.1 Dolby Surround and French / Spanish Dolby Surround along with English / French / Spanish subtitles. Special features include:

· Disc One

o Commentary by Director Gavin Hood

o Commentary by Producers Lauren Shuler Donner and Ralph Winter

o The Roots of Wolverine: A Conversation with X-Men creators Stan Lee and Len Wein

o "Wolverine Unleashed: The Complete Origins" featurette

o Deleted and Alternate Scenes

o Alternate Tag Scene: Japan

o Anti-Smoking PSA: Bubbles

· Disc Two

o Digital Copy

Single-Disc Specs:

The X-Men Origins: Wolverine Single-Disc DVD is presented in widescreen (FOX TO PROVIDE ASPECT RATIO) with English 5.1 Dolby Surround and French / Spanish Dolby Surround along with English / French / Spanish subtitles. Special features include:

o "Wolverine Unleashed: The Complete Origins" featurette

o Anti-Smoking PSA: Bubbles

Blu-ray Disc Specs:

The X-Men Origins: Wolverine BD is presented in widescreen (FOX TO PROVIDE ASPECT RATIO) on a 50GB dual-layer disc authored in BD-J with AVC (MPEG 4) compression with English 5.1 DTS HD Master Audio and French / Spanish 5.1 DTS along with English / French / Spanish subtitles. Special features include:

· Disc One

o Commentary by Director Gavin Hood

o Commentary by Producers Lauren Shuler Donner and Ralph Winter

o The Roots of Wolverine: A Conversation with X-Men creators Stan Lee and Len Wein

o Wolverine Unleashed: The Complete Origins

o "Wolverine Weapon X Mutant Files Featurette: 10 Character Chronicles

o "The Thrill of the Chase: The Helicopter Chase Sequence" featurette

o "X Connect and On Set With Gavin Hood" featurette

o X-Facts: Trivia Track

o Deleted Scenes with Commentary by Director Gavin Hood

o Alternate Memory Erase Sequence

o Alternate Tag Scene: Japan

o Fox Movie Channel Presents: World Premiere

o IMDB BD-Live technology

· Disc Two

o Digital Copy

So, the single disc has the featurette but none of the deleted scenes or commentary. Not sure the two-disc is worth the extra money. I don't need a digital copy.

Posted on Sep 2, 2009 8:21:09 AM PDT
Fatty fatty says:
Does the blu ray disk has chinese sub-titles ?

Posted on Sep 8, 2009 1:27:16 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Sep 9, 2009 3:00:25 AM PDT]

Posted on Sep 21, 2009 10:14:25 AM PDT
Artemis says:
The single disc edition has an alternate tag scene involving deadpool.

Posted on Jun 30, 2010 8:13:19 AM PDT
R. Dutta says:
I like having a digital copy so i can watch on an ipod video,iPhone,iPad! Okay so dumb question, but the Digital copy is in DVD format right?as opposed to BluRay,i only ask because i have a BluRay player but my laptop is DVD only,so backwards i know but just wondering!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  5
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  Jul 29, 2009
Latest post:  Jun 30, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
X-Men Origins: Wolverine (Blu-ray + Digital Copy)
X-Men Origins: Wolverine (Blu-ray + Digital Copy) by Hugh Jackman (Blu-ray - 2009)
4.1 out of 5 stars   (1,014)