Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

on August 25, 2011
I actually picked this up after reading Generation hopes tie-in to schism, the current x-event. So I knew some of what was going to happen simply because of who was still alive....either way this was one of the better stories I have read in quite some time. There are other reviews that go into depth about the story and such, so I will simply say this

If you liked Messiah Complex, or simply want something out of the ordinary, pick this up. Its well worth the money

Also maybe look into the other tie-ins, the x-force side story, the science team, as well as the limbo side story. They add to it nicely, while not really effecting the main events. However as there not main entries into this they are not collected here
on September 25, 2011
Since the House of M series, the X-men future has been bleak(to say the least). Now it comes down to this. If you have been keeping up with the X-Titles you know it's an all out fight for the future of mutantkind. The ultimate battle with those who one desire is to eliminate all mutants once and for all. It's all hands on deck for the X-Men as they fight to save one child who can be mutantkinds savior or it's end. Some X-Men will not see it's outcome. Great read.
on October 27, 2011
Previous reviewers generally have expressed the merits and drawbacks of this book quite well. It's a great presentation of a dire moment in the X-Men's existence. I wasn't familiar with the storylines leading into it, but despite a little confusion over a few characters, I was able to really get into it and there was enough information to figure out what was happening. Great characters, an epic story perhaps a little hastily resolved, but a blast to read. I couldn't put it down.
on September 16, 2012
It's rare to read a comic book that gives you the shivers from anticipation as you turn to the next page, makes you want to cry tears of sadness at loss and whoop out loud at victories yet SECOND COMING does all that and more.

A truly amazing book.
on January 20, 2011
I have to admit that I generally didn't like Messiah Complex so I wasn't sure I would like Second Coming but after reading some of these reviews I decided to at least check it out and for the most part it doesn't disappoint. The story deals with the return of Hope Summers from the future and the people that want to stop the resurrection the mutant race. Despite the way the story tries to play itself up though, and it fills out all the standards for events it still doesn't feel like one to me. Not to mention I really had no idea who the villains were.

The art in the story is a mixed bag. The covers are all great though (making plenty of characters resemble there movie counterparts) and the variant covers are solid as well. Even though the art never gets bad there were some minor nitpicks I had with it like David Finch draws too many lines on people's.

If your a fan of the current X Books I recommend that you get this. It's also a very thick book so it's in no way a rip off for the quality that you want.
on April 5, 2012
I got this as a gift for my Husband and he was thrilled. He doesnt read very much but he couldnt put this graphic novel down.
on May 9, 2013
I think this was a good 3rd part to what I call a quadrilogy. Messiah Complex, Messiah War, 2nd coming and AVX
on January 8, 2011
So good I couldn't stop reading! This trilogy of Messiah Complex, Messiah War and Second Coming is the best Graphic Novel series ever. Buy all three books! You will be rooting for Hope and Cable. If you are a father with a daughter you will like it even more. Second Coming is full of great story, great action, emotional realism and perfect art. I'd love to see it as a Movie. Only unhappy with a follow up book Second Coming Revelations. It had secondary characters on secondary missions in a thin full priced book. Just buy the main 3 books to start. Second Coming is so good it can stand alone but if your like me you'll enjoy the back story as well.
on May 11, 2014
An epic ending to an awesome cable/x-men series. The standoffs between Cable and Bishop through out the series will definitely stay in my mind forever. Cable forever!
on May 18, 2012
I loved every issue and still find myself reading it. I feel that all I need to say is, if you like X-Men, this is totally the buy for you. I love it.