Most helpful positive review
16 of 17 people found the following review helpful
FINALLY...A Bluetooth Headset for Runners!
on October 22, 2012
I have 3 main criteria I look for in a Bluetooth Headset for running...
1) Rain/Sweat Proof (REALLY!)
2) Long Battery Life (5+ Hours)
The XTG X-Stream/Splashbudz headset passes all 3 of my main criteria and more with flying colors...
* Rain/Sweat Proof - The XTG stands up to rain and sweat even during my long runs (18-26.2 Miles).
* Battery Life - The battery life is excellent. I actually continued to let the headset play music after one of my long runs just to see how long it would last. I finally just turned it off after over 5 hours of playing music knowing that's longer than I'll ever need for one workout.
* Comfort - Although I typically don't like in-the-ear type earbuds which are usually uncomfortable for me especially after wearing them for several hours, these don't bother me at all. I actually forget I'm wearing them. I also really like the design of the headset being all one-piece. Most headsets use a wire or ribbon type wire to connect the two ear pieces but they often rest on your neck and start to drag when you turn your head from side to side after you start to sweat. The XTG headset design wraps around the back of your head up and above your neck keeping them well out of the way.
* The volume level is excellent (blow your ears out if you like) and for me the sound quality is great.
* As far as using these as a phone headset, I haven't tried that so I can't rate that feature.
I've tried many other Bluetooth headsets over the last couple of years that fell short including the following:
* Jabra Sport - Very short battery life (1 to 2 hours at most for me)
* Jaybird Freedom (J3) - Stopped taking a charge after the first use and I really didn't care for the design
* Motorola S305 - I used these all time and loved the comfort but they are NOT rain/sweat proof
* Plantronics BackBeat 903+ - Stopped working after only a few workouts presumably due to sweat
* Plantronics BackBeat 906 - Stopped working after only a few workouts presumably due to sweat
BOTTOM LINE...the XTG headset rocks and for the price, you just can't beat them! I just ordered another extra set to have for when I travel. Great job XTG! By the way, Amazon rocks too!