Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: X10 TM751 Wireless Transceiver Module
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro

on December 16, 2009
People familiar with the X-10 technology know that in the USA the 110v wiring is derived from a 220v input that is split. Often part of the house is wired to one leg and the rest of the house is wired to the other leg. The X-10 signal can't jump from one leg to another leg without the help of some capacitor or X-10 bridge.

Two sides of my living room are on different legs. Side 1 was on the controller leg and worked fine. Side 2 wouldn't work. I placed Compact Powerhouse X10 Plug-In RF Wireless Tranceiver Module TM751 into Side 1 of the living room and another one into Side 2. Now X-10 control modules work on both sides of the room with the X10 HR12A 16 Device Palm Pad Remote Control for X10 Receivers.

I call this a poor man's bridge. Real X-10 bridges cost 10 times as much.
55 comments|54 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 23, 2013
We have receivers all over the house and it was nice to be able to control them with a wireless, handheld remote. The hand held remote requires this receiver to broadcast the commands to other units via your home's wiring. We found that we needed two of these transceivers on different wiring circuits to be sure that every unit would respond to the commands from the remote.
on June 2, 2013
you need two of these if you want all circuits in house to work as there are two 'legs' of service in your house and it is split between outlets and devices. You may luck out with one if you only need a few outlets, or you can revise your breakers to get what you want on the side you want. Or you can buy the one that goes in your breaker box and does both sides and you wont need these.
on April 21, 2014
I have a ton of home automation stuff throughout my house. Kinda like a hobby seeing what I can do next. I bought this unit to replace an older unit that died on me around Christmas. It was imperative to get my system back under control from a hand-held perspective. My computer does most of the work but we manually use a wireless controller to turn on Christmas lights in the bushes or the tree if we want them on before the scheduled time. Gott keep the wifie happy. When the old unit died, after 10 years or so, we knew we had to get another. X10 is an older technology which has been replaced by z-wave and others. Problem is that the new technology costs a lot more than the older X10. In time I may switch but for now since everything is working fine I'm satisfied with X10 running landscape lights, decorations, tree lights, garage door alert, dryer alert, etc.

PROS:
- work well with handheld remote
- allows wireless devices to interface with hardwired
CONS:
- nothing lasts forever
on June 17, 2013
but... I purchased this unit along with RF wirless Tranceiver Module TM751 and Appliance module X10 AM566 to operate my heater recirculation pump. The remote and the Tranceiver seems to work well, you hear the distinct on and off clicks but the isuue is with the appliance module. I can remotely turn my recirculator on but most of the timeI cannot turn it off. I did some reading on the issue and the problem seems to be with noise on the house AC lines, such as certain computers, florescent lamps, etc.
I am returning the products because it does seem worth in time or expense to isolate the source.
on November 12, 2014
I've been using this for a few months now to control the lights in my room. I have three of the screw in lamp modules (LM15A) and 2 wireless wall switches (SS13A). As another reviewer pointed out, when used on channel 1, the transceiver makes a loud clicking sound as it turns on/off. To fix this I just had to change my wall switches to use the second channel bank.

I also have used the plug on the transceiver to power my air filter. The small button on the transceiver powers on/off the plug on channel 1. I keep the antenna in its retracted position since my farthest remote is only ~10 feet away.

Overall a great system to control all the light in my room from multiple spots (door, bed, desk) without having to rewire all the lights and outlets.
review image
on November 7, 2010
The description states that it's like all other appliance modules. Except for the fact that it doesn't have a ground. It's only 2 conductor, whereas the other appliance modules have 3 conductors. But everything else is true and great. It is a simple on/off module (no dimming). And I, too, use it to bridge 2 legs in my house. When you have 2 separate legs in your home, one part of your home won't communicate with another part. As the other reviewer stated, if you have 2 wireless transceivers in your home, each on it's own leg, then you have a bridge!

It will switch on and off on channel 1 only and it does make a loud clicking sound when it does this. My work around it to not use channel 1 for anything.
on January 27, 2015
works as promised, but needs better documentations. Manual doesn't tell you this, but channel 1 should really be limited to using with teh test button on t as the internal relay delivers a very loud "whack." To use these with othe switches and modules, you should set them all to use any channel other than one, then no more "whack." I actually sent one of these back thinking it was bad, turns out you just should use channel 1. Wasted a lot o time. Product is a 4 or 5, but I have to give it 3 starts becuase of the very poor manual and all the time I wasted
on November 21, 2015
I'm still using these modules to turn lights on/off. I purchased this because my old unit broke (it was about 13 years old). These sets generally work well although sometimes other wireless devices will interfere with their operation. Until I upgrade my lighting, possibly via ECHO, these modules will suffice.
on September 8, 2015
This is a replacement for a defective unit, and is used only for a wireless relay to another wall switch from the wireless wall switch, that said, it's too bad you can't defeat the relay on the unit as I don't use it or need loud clicking sound, a green light would be better. This unit was replaced quickly Amazon and vendor, good job