Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-21 of 21 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 5, 2012 10:05:26 PM PDT
GyozaSauce says:
account got hacked 3/29 and lost 1680 msp. Looks like someone bought a bunch of premium gold packs/jumbo according to the purchase history and on the same day I unlocked 3 'chievies for FIFA 2012...a game I don't own....
Contacted support to see if I can get my points back.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 5, 2012 11:09:29 PM PDT
Prankster says:
I was wondering why you were playing FIFA 12 man. That really sucks. Did you have your credit card info on there? Is that how they bought the gold packs?

It's for this very reason that I never enter my credit card info on XBL or on Amazon. Sometimes, bring paranoid works out for the best.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 6, 2012 3:47:13 AM PDT
Watcher says:
I have my info on Amazon but they verify it every time you do anything. I never had a problem in the 8 or more years I've been on here.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 6, 2012 4:16:17 AM PDT
Prankster says:
Oops, I meant PSN. :P

Made a lot of mistakes in that post. In my defense, it was early morning. :P

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 6, 2012 4:31:38 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 6, 2012 4:32:57 AM PDT
Watcher says:
Oh No! I haven't updated my credit card info on PSN since before the big Anonymous hack.

Posted on Apr 6, 2012 5:10:10 AM PDT
Docgreedo says:
Why is it always FIFA 12 with the X-box and why does this get zero press but the Anonymous hack got a ton!

Posted on Apr 6, 2012 5:37:24 AM PDT
skillet says:
Dang, Gyoza. I've heard about Fifa and 360, but I thought it was urban legend fanboy stuff. Hope Msoft helps you.

Posted on Apr 6, 2012 6:22:04 AM PDT
J. Pardee says:
Dang, that sucks Gyoza! Hopefully MS are willing to help you get your money back.

I have my information on AMA and PSN and haven't had any issues so far with either.

Posted on Apr 6, 2012 6:42:36 AM PDT
$60 a year to get hacked and listen to 12 year olds.

$0 a year to NOT get hacked and listen to 12 year olds.

Guess which one I picked!

Edit: Sorry to hear that Goyza, good luck.

Posted on Apr 6, 2012 7:46:06 AM PDT
Spudkitty says:
And King throws down the gauntlet!!! Hehe, you know I'll reply. Anyone who pays more that $35 for XBL is too lazy to go to newegg for deals. And I got the impression that most everyone here was now paying for PSN+. You are so right about the 12 year olds, though. :)

Posted on Apr 6, 2012 11:29:47 AM PDT
GyozaSauce says:
Ahh crazy morning at work. No I didn't have any CC info in there because I heard about the hacks with 360 and FIFA like you guys said but I had 1680 points in there which was zero'ed out with the hacker buying gold packs, whatever they are. I didn't know you can just buy gold membership on one account and transfer it to another? Sounds like hacks waiting to happen.

Posted on Apr 6, 2012 11:36:00 AM PDT
K Archer says:
:(

I do have to say, I hate all the people who say the money you pay for live completely protects you from hacking and all that.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 6, 2012 1:25:17 PM PDT
GyozaSauce says:
Prankster, if you see me playing a game thats NOT a X360 exclusive, please send me messages cussing me out and abuse me verbally.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 6, 2012 5:56:43 PM PDT
J. Pardee says:
Awe, I wish I had a 360 so I could do this!

Posted on Apr 6, 2012 9:30:20 PM PDT
GyozaSauce says:
Just got off the phone with support and they've started an investigation should hear back in 3 days.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 6, 2012 10:30:04 PM PDT
Prankster says:
I don't have my 360 actually. I just go to xbox.com and check out what others are playing and also to keep a tab on my avatar. The 15 year old whom I gave my 360 has made him into a complete doosh!

But seriously, I should have asked you then and there itself why you were playing that game. Also, do you really think that game is being played? Or is it just the name that appears when it's being hacked?

And lastly, hope MS gets back to you quickly. This same thing happened to Him and it took quite a while before they sorted it out. Make sure to get some freebies from there. This is an inconvenience if there ever had to be one.

Posted on Apr 7, 2012 4:20:32 PM PDT
Mike Snyder says:
@GyozaSauce

Good luck. My girlfriend's daughter went to log into her account one day, only to find out she was "permanently banned". After about three months, they still have not helped her. After multiple phone calls, they were told the account was hacked, then somebody else said there was no evidence it was hacked, then somebody else said it would be un-banned within 7 days (multiple times -- it's a weekly thing for them to say it'll be taken care of within 7 days). Ultimately, she had to just give up and start over, which for somebody with online stats and saves is pretty devastating.

So yeah. Good luck at least getting stolen points back.

Posted on Apr 11, 2012 12:21:22 PM PDT
GyozaSauce says:
Just got an email from support on how to reactivate my account and token to get all my points back.

I have to say XBL support is really good and this was a pretty painless experience despite my account being hacked.

Posted on Apr 11, 2012 12:43:47 PM PDT
Docgreedo says:
That's good; I read where someone on the VGF had to wait 2 months for it to resolved.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 11, 2012 12:45:43 PM PDT
J. Pardee says:
That's good news! That didn't take them too long to resolve the issue at least.

Posted on Apr 11, 2012 3:08:39 PM PDT
GyozaSauce says:
Yeah it didn't cause me too much trouble but MS should still get that FIFA 12/XBL hack thing resolved.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

ARRAY(0x9f38a3a8)

This discussion

Participants:  10
Total posts:  21
Initial post:  Apr 5, 2012
Latest post:  Apr 11, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
PlayStation 3 (20GB)
PlayStation 3 (20GB) by Sony (PlayStation 3)
3.6 out of 5 stars   (87)