Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: On Stage XCG4 Black Tripod Guitar Stand, Single Stand
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Adele Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro

Size: Single Stand|Change

on September 5, 2009
There are things about this stand that make it affordable, and it is those things that also add to it's value.

The cradle just sits in the main tube and swivels easily - but this ensures that however you place the guitar on it, it will settle into it.

The top tube insets into the bottom tube and the nut at back holds it in place - this allows you to adjust the height on the top cradle.

The legs are pop-riveted in - that means it folds up easily. NOTE: You have to make sure the legs are snapped into place when open or the stand will not be stable.

I like the security rubber band, it keeps the guitar from popping out while your carrying it around.

The padding on the bars fits well, no slippage.

The feet are rubber, no slip and long lasting. Great bargain here, I really like this stand.
0Comment|100 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 2, 2011
This is a great entry level stand. It is what you come to expect for the price. I feel it is very sturdy holding my acoustic. Not much else you can say. If you looking for a cheap stand you can't go wrong with this one. Now if it would only help me play better...
review image review image
on October 4, 2013
I don't give a poor review lightly, but with this thing I frequently worry about my guitar falling over backwards with the stand. The back leg is WAAAAAAY too short and the lightest accidental push will make this thing fall over.

Makes me wish I would have spent just a little bit more, read a few more reviews or maybe even gone in to a store to pick one out.
33 comments|31 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 20, 2008
They weren't kidding when the instructions noted that the guitar stand might smell. We followed their advice and put it outside in the sun to air out but that only helped a little. After a few weeks, the noxious rubber/plastic smell is finally wearing off. Otherwise, it is sturdy and trouble free at a great price.
22 comments|61 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 28, 2008
This stand is exactly what I hoped it would be. It is all I want or need from a stand. I do not intend to travel around with it but it would be easy to fold up to do so. The strap for across the neck of the guitar to hold it into place is a great plus too. Can't beat it for the price and American Musical Supply shipped this item the next business day after ordering. Delivery cost was low and it arrived in just a few days standard shipping to Texas.
on January 18, 2011
The weight of my Les Paul bent the keyed opening holding that yoke/cradle in the upright tube's allowing it to slip out and drop my guitar. I bought 3 of them and threw them out. Protect your axe- don't buy this stand- the "extra thick tubing" is anything but strong enough.
on February 25, 2016
OK I really don’t know where to begin with this review, so I’ll just say it outright. THIS STAND IS POORLY DESIGNED, MADE OF CHEAP COMPONENTS, UNSTABLE, UNSAFE, AND SMELLS *** REALLY BAD ***.
I wasn’t expecting much at this price point but figured I’d at least get a basic functional stand suitable for home use. This stand however isn’t even usable.

First, it doesn’t bode well when the first thing you see when opening the box is a “PROP 65 sticker”. That tells you right away the product contains cancer causing chemicals or substances. That reason alone is enough for me to return it.

Second, did I mention the HORRIBLE SMELL? This stand smells of acrid chemicals. So much so it gave me an instant headache. My sense of smell is somewhat diminished and to me it was VERY strong. I can only imagine what it must smell like to a person with a normal sense of smell. I bought the double pack so it was double the odor. I can’t believe that with the over 1400 reviews that people aren't mentioning the smell. This can’t be an isolated incident. I shouldn’t be expected to smell that for a few weeks while who knows what chemicals off gas.

Now about the stand itself. The thing is made from cheap lightweight materials. The design is very unstable. The rear leg is only 3 ½” long and allows the stand to tip over way too easy. There’s no way I’m putting any guitar on it. For comparison, I have an older Peavey stand and the rear leg on that stand is over 6 inches long. The nut and screw assembly for tightening the upper yoke to the stand base is a loose fitting pressed in thing that just spells trouble down the road. The lower yoke that holds the guitar body just slips through a hole punched in the tubing. No support pieces help to stiffen up the area where the yoke passes through. Again another area that spells trouble.

I bought these stands based on overwhelmingly positive reviews for this item. I can’t believe 69% of people rated this 5 stars. SMH, I wonder what stand they were talking about because the ones I got are total junk.

Do yourself a favor and avoid these at all costs. These are being returned and I'll order a different brand and style.
review image review image review image review image review image review image
on August 21, 2012
...yes, it's very cheap and easy to assemble... and it works just fine for an electric guitar. the weigh of an electric guitar makes the stand very stable. unfortunately, with a nylon string classical guitar, the stand feels terribly unstable! the legs don't provide balanced stability and a very gentle "touch" to the stand could flip it with your expensive guitar in it! ..you get what you pay for. i would suggest something more sturdy and with more adjustable legs for a classical guitar. i need to shop around. any suggestions...very much appreciated!
on January 1, 2013
I've had it for 3 week now and it's very very good. No matter the size of you guitar or if it's an acoustic or an electric, this baby can hold every thing Safely.
review image review image
on March 30, 2014
Just play at the house for my own enjoyment and usually hang my guitars on the wall when not in use. However when I am playing and practicing, I have been leaning it against furniture or sitting on my armchair behind my back and I was afraid it would fall and get damaged one of these times. So I bought this stand to safely hold my instrument when I temporarily wanted to put it down. I came quickly and assembled easily. There were no instructions but was only 3 parts so not hard to figure out. Good construction and sits balanced on the floor. The rubber protects the finish. I would definitely buy again if needed.