Threatened by an unknown enemy, the Earth's governments unite to form a secret paramilitary organization, known as XCOM, to combat this extraterrestrial attack. As the commander of XCOM, you control the global defense team and its resources in a battle against the terrifying alien invasion.
XCOM: Enemy Unknown is a re-imagining of X-COM, the classic strategy game from 1993, and developed by the award-winning creators of Civilization. You will control the fate of the human race by creating and managing a fully operational base, researching alien technologies, planning combat missions and controlling soldier movement in battle.
- Worldwide Threat: Combat spans the globe as the XCOM team engages in more than 70 unique missions, interacting and negotiating with governments around the world
- Strategic Base: Recruit, customize and grow unique soldiers and manage your personnel. Detect and intercept the alien threat as you build and expand your XCOM headquarters
- Strategy Evolved: XCOM: Enemy Unknown couples tactical turn-based gameplay with incredible action sequences and on-the-ground combat
- Tactical Combat: Direct soldier squads in turn-based ground battles and deploy air units such as the Interceptor and Skyranger
- Instantly receive a new recruit to your barracks, inspired by the original XCOM: UFO DEFENSE. The khaki jumpsuit and flattop hairstyle return in full glory, modernized with the rest of the XCOM universe in the form of a Classic XCOM Soldier
- Customize your soldier with several armor suit aesthetic upgrades, including the new Hyperion and Reaper soldier armor kits with the Soldier Deco Packs
- Customize your squad's look with a variety of colors and tints for all the armor sets in the game with Complete Color Customization