5.0 out of 5 stars Top Quality You Don't Expect
It was such a nice surprise to get a solid piece of equipment that is uncommon nowadays when most devices are just cheap, flimsy, crap. The device is heavy, sturdy, and the buttons are quality. You can use the this device without looking, and the buttons are lit.
Easy to use in the dark or even if visually impaired
Great price through Amazon
It works...
Published on November 3, 2011 by Ray

3.0 out of 5 stars Only Buy for XM
The listing for this receiver is misleading. It is NOT a Sirius-XM receiver, it is an XM receiver and will not work for Sirius. It may be a great product if you are an XM subscriber but I need to replace a Sirius receiver that is no longer working and I was annoyed when this arrived only to find that it will not work.

Please fix your listing.
Published on November 14, 2011 by Dog Doc

3.0 out of 5 stars Only Buy for XM, November 14, 2011
Dog Doc (Near Philadelphia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: XM XDNX1H1 Onyx Dock-and-Play Radio with Home Kit (DISCONTINUED BY MANUFACTURER) (Electronics)

Please fix your listing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Top Quality You Don't Expect, November 3, 2011
Easy to use in the dark or even if visually impaired
Great price through Amazon
It works great. Reception is fair.

4.0 out of 5 stars does the job. wish it had a volume control, October 27, 2011
Thrifty44 (Washington, DC) - See all my reviews
This was the cheapest tuner I saw that came with the antenna (home kit). It seems to work well! I don't think it has many features like other tuners (like memory), but I only listen to 2 or 3 stations. It does NOT come with any 3+ month trial. That would have been nice, as I've seen that offered with other products.
I bought this for the office. unfortunately I'd planned on using it with speakers that required the connected accessory to have a volume control of it's own. The onyx does not. There is an 'audio level' you can set on the tuner but it does not affect the output level by much.

3.0 out of 5 stars Hard to read & poor reception, August 18, 2012
I bought this b/c there is no public radio in my area. I am disappointed b/c it is really small, very hard to read the controls, small buttons, and has very poor reception. I have satellite radio in my car and it performs much better. I would not purchase another like this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't Understand Some Reviews...., December 2, 2012
I don't understand some of the reviews addressing the fact that this product is XM and not SiriusXM compatible. XM and Sirius are the same company, hence, Sirius and XM being all 1 word!. It might be that some reviews were done before the merger. Anyway, this product DOES work if you already have a SiriusXM account or wish to enjoy SiriusXM radio as of the above posting date.

SiriusXM radio is a bit pricey, and adding this peripheral to an already existing account will incur another monthly fee. If you already have Sirius in your car, you will be looking at another 130+ a year to add this on to your current bill. And that's only for the very basic 130 channel package.

However, if you are like me and are in a situation where only Satellite radio will do, it's an AWESOME little receiver and docking station that you can hook up to an already existing HT system, some desktop speakers, or a pair of headphones at your desk.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great XM Radio, July 5, 2012
I bough this to replace an ExpressEZ XM radio. The Onyx is far superior. It looks good, is easy to connect to your home entertainment system, and the channels change very quickly. Having 10 memory buttons is very nice. I called XM and asked if this came with a remote and they said no. However this does come with a remote. The remote gets a little iffy at about 20 feet away.

1.0 out of 5 stars Wish I could give it NO stars, January 22, 2013
I can't believe the technology is so clunky! I spent half a day trying to get this radio to work, including calling customer service five times. At one point, the very nice technician at Sirius suggested I unfurl the entire 20+ foot antennae cord (because winding up the cord interferes with reception), and make sure the antennae clamshell (the terminal point) be near a south-facing window devoid of metal. Better still, he suggested, if I could thread it through a window and put it outside the house. "It's made to handle the weather," he assured me. After a lot of rigging and re-rigging, the best they could do was an intermittent signal. I could get that bad of reception from the free FM radio in my podunk town. What a waste of half a day. Sirius should be embarrassed. I definitely returned it. PS I also bought the dock for the car, and they want you to install it by either gluing it to your dash or into a vent (first removing the vent louvers) and then thread the long antennae cord out through the weather stripping or in some other way anchor the terminus to the outside of the car. Holy crap, what a circus. I'll make do with my iPod.

4.0 out of 5 stars NO REMOTE | NO TRIM RINGS | NO BOX, August 22, 2013
Ravenwood (Northeast Georgia) - See all my reviews
"Use the remote control to conveniently operate your radio from across the room"

I purchased this as a replacement for an existing satellite radio. The product arrived on-time. The first thing I noticed was the absence of retail packaging: It arrived in a Zip-Lock(tm) baggy. The end flap of a retail box was in the bag, but otherwise no box. Once in the bag I found these items missing: The colored rings for customizing the unit, and the remote control. Both are indicated in the accompanying promotion. There is nothing in the promotion indicating this is a re-pack, or that some items were not included. I messaged the retailer, MyRadioStore, through Amazon, and am awaiting response at this writing and will update accordingly. Going forward: Everything else I expected was included. The radio and accessories appear NEW; it all installed in minutes, no hiccups with XM/Sirius, and it all plays perfectly. Here's how I rate it:

1-star for delivery: On-time
1-star for price: Can't be beat.
1-star for quality: Flawless.
1-star for function: Flawless.
0-star for: Missing trim rings and remote control; pending resolution.

⇒ UPDATE: Aug. 23, 2013
MyRadioStore contacted me; the missing parts were resolved to my complete satisfaction.

5.0 out of 5 stars cute..., June 25, 2012
janet gross (odenton, md United States) - See all my reviews
good product. i am using my bose wave as the receiver. you still need a subscription :)

i have heard that the older sirius-only subscriptions won't work on the onyx.

5.0 out of 5 stars Home Dock Kit, September 22, 2013
This does exactly what I need for it to do. A great setup for inside my RV at all times both during the travel down the road and when I am stopped. And then the receiver goes to the car to be used in the Car Docking Kit when I want it there during short trips. I simply cannot imagine a day without my XM Radio. The Kits make it happen!