From the Back Cover
If XML can do it, you can do it too...
Here, at last, is a single reference that covers both Microsoft .NET and Java programming integration with XML. It will have you up and running quickly with a solid grounding in the most recent core and related specifications, then provide you with essential details for managing databases, financial transactions, XML security, and more. If youre an information architect or developer, this is your one essential resource for structuring data with XML in application development, both on and off the Web.
Inside, youll find complete coverage of XML programming
- Explore the full range of XML specifications, including new XML 1.1
- Use XML with J2EE 1.4, the newest version of Microsoft .NET, and open source XML tools from Apache
- Gain knowledge of both Microsoft .NET and Java™ programming integration with XML
- Find out how XML excels in communication between applications in business settings where Java and .NET coexist
- Examine extensive business examples, including several major applications developed throughout the book
- Learn how to access and format XML data from SQL Server®, Oracle®, or DB2® databases
- Transform relational XML output into other formats
- Create and deploy .NET Web services and build a .NET Web services client
- Apply authentication and security measures for Web services