Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change

on December 4, 2009
I was a little cautious on making this purchased based on a few reviews that I read about it, however the complaints just didn't seem too convincing. I would agree that if you know little about installing car alarms, radios, electronic devices, etc. that you will have a tough time with the installation based on the documentation, but then again why would you even attempt to install this item if you have no experience with alarms, related products, or just common sense and a little time to run a process of elimination test. If you do decide to tackle this installation the documentation gives you very clear detailed diagram of the alarm and all of its components. the only thing that it doesn't tell you is were certain wires are located on your vehicle, for example, it tells you hook this color wire to your ignition switch, but doesn't tell you were your ignition switch wire is on your vehicle, what color wire it is, etc. if you have a wiring diagram of your vehicle you are set to go! If not, don't get intimidated, run some test, like when you have to hook your parking lights up, use a light detector probe to identify the correct wire that operates your parking lights. I am very picky, especially when buying tools, equipment, electronics, etc. I just about always buy name brand stuff and pay top dollar for it. It took me a little while to hook everything up the way i wanted it, but i couldn't be happier about its performance, I was completely blown away! I feel like I got a BIG bang for my buck! I still cant see how this item only cost 29.00 with all the extras that it has. Don't pass this deal up! COPY this link and PASTE it to you search bar. [...]l
33 comments|43 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 4, 2009
This model of security system is extremely functional, has all of the amenities that you'd expect with a modern alarm, and incorporaes easily into your modern vehicles preexisting wiring system.
The installation instructions are easy to follow, and the options are programmable.
Even if you lose your remote this unit can be programmed through a code search if necessary.
Worth far more than the cost of this security system by far.
on May 31, 2011
If you have no clu about car electronics please do not just try it only if you have some respect for your money, I bought this unit for $36.00 and installed it on my 2003 Toyota RAV4 in about 1 hour and 45 minutes, although I am professional car sterio installer, this was the first alarm I personally installed so I think it would take less time if installed by professionals. Prior to purchasing this unit, I made sure I read all the reviews, what I learned from some of poorly raters was that they thought "Just because it cost less it would be as easy as plug-&-Play" unfortunately nothing is that easy If you have made such mistake please read the manual over and over again, this is another outstanding unit which was on market for below the price of what it really does.

Fot the second time I came across some none sense comments while trying to buy another one of this unit for my 2002 Toyota RAV4, it worth it to give five stars to this unit and the sellers, it is common sense my ignorance is not the the unit's fault or the sellers mistake, the only reason why I am not buying this unit at for the second time is because its price just went up $30.00 so I am trying different brand for cheaper price. All I can say is let us be honest and give a good review this particular unit deservs, I am regular shopper on amazon and only on amazon, Amazon is my only online store for so many reasons so, I spend thousands a year on amazon. When I have few minutes to look through my past orders, I make sure I review and comment on them, if they don't belong on the market I make sure I mention that. otherwise if they offer legitimate and professional service, they deserve good comments.
on January 11, 2011
All I was really looking for was a key-less entry system for the 1985 Ford Bronco that I am restoring for work. This unit claimed to do so much more and the price was really nice, so I bought it. It turned out to be a really great deal. It does everything that products priced 4 times as much do, and it does it very nicely. I had read that the documentation was poor. Well, it is CONCISE...short and sweet...but its all there as long as you can read. It is no harder than connecting red, black and brown to battery, ignition and lights, etc. I have read by others that it is not complete. This is not true. Naturally, for your particular model, you must have a wiring diagram or at least a pin out, but you can easily get this information off the net at 12Volt.com for any vehicle (mine is 25 years old!). I liked this so much at this price that I bought 2 more for the other cars, and I still spent less than I would have spent if I would have bought just one from someone else with all these features. By the way...you do not need to hook it all up. For my wife's car, all she wanted was key-less entry and it works fine, and all it cost was 30 bucks. You can spend a lot more, but you really can't do better. All that remains is to see if it has lasting quality (so I gave it 4 stars right off). I recommend this product.
on October 16, 2011
After reading the reviews and looking at the price/feature combinations of competing systems, I chose this package and was quite impressed. Just opening the box, you feel you're getting a lot for your money. Two attractive 4-button key fobs (with indicator LED bright enough to be a flashlight!), innocuous central control box, multiple cable sets for inputs and output connections, external alarm siren, auxiliary adjustable-sensitivity motion sensor, wired indicator LED for alarm active indication and various ancillary hardware plus instructions. As has been mentioned you must have access to wiring diagrams for splicing the system into your car's unique electrical system.

Owning a Ford Windstar, the installation was somewhat complicated by the ubiquitous use of control modules instead of simple relays and hard-wiring. I was able to connect the door lock actuation quite easily at a common point high under the dashboard by the fuse panel. But the car's modules separate the parking lights into several quadrants so I couldn't easily connect the single control line to flash all the lights simultaneously as I wanted.

Furthermore, I ran into another problem with the horn and siren interconnects. I'd introduced an intermittent splice to the positive power connection. Surprisingly, when the connection was broken, the siren/horn would sound continuously; when the connection was good, all worked normally. As a test I pulled the +12V fuse out and the siren/horn went off! This may be a method of circumventing a would-be theif's attempt to disconnect the system but...what if the fuse opens as legitimate protection of the circuitry? I've heard stories of people driving their cars with horns blaring shortly subsequent to installation of a car alarm system. This could be a peculiarity of the Ford electrical system; power MUST be coming from somewhere when the fuse is pulled! One of the lines may be providing power instead of just being a voltage-free contact.

But these were all ancillary to my main goal of my wife being able to conveniently control the locks. The ACTIVE LED flashes on the dashboard when locked even though the horn/siren control is not connected. I know that the myriad of other features are available to me if I ever feel confident enough to connect them as well. All in all a simple, inexpensive upgrade to my older vehicle, which repays me handsomely for the little money invested!
on November 24, 2010
Great alarm system works great and easy to install. I own a Pontiac Firebird and because of the 5 wire reverse polarity locks I have to add a relay and had to also purchase a relay to install the trunk release. The trunk release is on a positive wiring system and needed to add the relay because this alarm uses a negative pulse for the trunk release. This is just so if you own a Pontiac Firebird be sure to purchase the relays before installing this alarm.
on January 3, 2011
I bought this alarm system two months ago, and installed it myself on my '98 Nissan Altima five weeks ago. It has been working without any problems so far.It was my first time trying to install an alarm to a vehicle. It took me little over an hour to get it done. Believe me, it is not so complicated once you have wire diagram of the vehicle you want this alarm to be installed. Installation guide is clear once you go step by step, completing a cable at a time. After adjusting sensitivity level, it will work better. I haven't even hooked up every feature of the device.So far I love it,and I am Very satisfied with this product. Thanks to AMAZON.com
on May 23, 2013
I installed this in my 05 Scion XB. Been great and never had a problem. The price was half of its current when I bought it, but I think the current price is still reasonable for what you get. You should be warned that this is not something a novice should attempt. It comes with NO installation instructions, just a pin out diagram. You gotta at least have some experience with wiring electronics in your car. I had to do a little online research, but I got it installed fairly easily. I didn't put in the engine cutoff, though, just the alarm. After 3 years, still very happy and plan to buy the same thing for the 02 Tacoma I just purchased :)
on May 4, 2012
I bought this alarm for one of my two Cars.
I have Electronic Degree so was very easy for me to hook this to muy car. Very good performance shown in this first days of use.

I will buy very soon a second unit to replace the other car alarm that have lost one control and also that is a little bit old. I love the remotes with their metalic look. They look like expensive car alarms and also work like them.

Fast shipping and product arrive in good shape.

Thank you guys.
on April 4, 2011
I had installed a cheap Code Alarm system in my last car that worked great, so my hopes were high for this. However, from the moment I unboxed this alarm I could tell it was poorly made. The wires are thin with cheap insulation that discolored when bent. Next when installing it the instructions were minimal and unclear. My guess is that the people who wrote them weren't native English speakers. Then once it was installed it didn't work correctly. Even though I had the switch in the off position, the "anti car jacking feature" would randomly come on. This set off the alarm twenty seconds after a door was opened while the car was running. Lastly, it quit responding to either remote. Overall the only good thing I can say about this is the price. There are far better alarm systems for little more money though.