From the Back Cover
“I’ve worked with Dmitry on many projects. He is both a designer (artist) and a developer (programmer), so his book genuinely speaks to both audiences.”
—Charles F. GoldfarbLeverage the incredible power of XSLT 2.0 to create sites that are easy to build, maintain, and extend!
This book teaches you exactly how to build state-of-the-art web sites with XSLT 2.0 and XPath 2.0. XML developer and web designer Dmitry Kirsanov drills down to real development challenges and specific tools and techniques for solving them.
You’ll learn from a hands-on project that gives you insights you just won’t find anywhere else. Kirsanov covers the entire project lifecycle: schema creation, validation, transformation, testing, and maintenance… offering outstanding code and markup examples every step of the way.
- Explore new XSLT 2.0/XPath 2.0 standards from a web developer’s point of view
- Develop rock-solid, high-performance domain-specific schemas
- Create and convert source documents for effective XML processing
- Set up XSLT transformations to automatically generate HTML, graphics, and other site components
- Build your dynamic web site on the solid foundation of the Cocoon framework
- Use Schematron to validate XML and streamline processing
- Study complete printed and downloadable page sources, stylesheets, and schemas
XSLT 2.0 Web Development is an indispensable resource for…
- Professional web developers
- Project managers who want to streamline site development and maintenance
- Graphic designers who need more flexible ways to present structured information
- Content management specialists using XML documentation/publishing systems
Fully tested and implemented examples are available at authors.phptr.com/kirsanov andwww.kirsanov.com/xsltwd
About the Author
DMITRY KIRSANOV has been writing about Internet technologies since 1994. His virtual design studio, www.kirsanov.com, has served customers from 17 countries. He wrote the WebReference online column “Dmitry’s Design Lab,” exploring leading-edge creative and technical issues related to web design. He is a contributor to the best-selling HTML Unleashed, Professional Edition (SAMS).