Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on June 20, 2013
There's not much to say about this product except that it does EXACTLY what its intended to do and it does it well.

I was looking for a way to store SD cards that was space conscious, simple, and secure. I found just that. Many of the products out there for SD card storage offer nice storage, but too often either take up too much room, or are hard to gets cards in and out of. (Big fingers make it that much worse)

This case when folded in half still takes up a surprisingly small amount of space, and if the intent is something thin, then simply unfold it and it's barely more than 1/4" thick. Folded, it slides easily into a pocket.

My other most common complaint is the ease of getting your cards in and out. Thin vinyl sleeves are great, but offer little in the way of protection and can be "fiddly" sliding cards in and out. It seems like every card I want, doesn't want to slide out of the sleeve, and the ones I don't want, fall out on their own. This case offers hard shell protection, and when you open ONE compartment, you get one card - easy in, easy out. I don't see it as a negative, but the compartments are big enough that the cards do "rattle around" slightly when stored - I cured this by simply sticking a small sticky felt pad (very thin) in the bottom of each compartment. This did two things, stopped the cards from moving in the case at all, and offered a bit of shock absorption for the cards... can't hurt. :)

As a photographer, the content of my SD Cards is valuable and this case makes sense... inexpensive, protective, easily stored/carried, and easy card access.

I left the rating at 5 stars based on how well this item is working for me today - if that changes, I will amend my review.

Along those lines, I can't address the durability of the plastic over time and how temperature may play a role, but...
it's doing exactly what I need and I plan on getting at least one more.
on July 19, 2013
The Xit memory card case is different than the usual thin nylon zipper case holders where memory cards easly slide out of their thin plastic pouchs landing either on the floor or in the seat corner of your couch. But, not this one! When you open the flap for a single memory card, it stays in its compartment and the other cards remain closed in their separate compartments. You don't have to open the entire case to get one card. The lids are easy to open and stay firmly shut when closed. Also, you can write a note on the cover of each compartment with identifying information about that card. This is a nice feature if you have similar cards formatted for different camera brands. The package is small enough to fit into a shirt pocket (3-1/5" x 2-3/4" x 3/8"). It hold 12 cards, which is sufficient for most situations. Perhaps, heading for this review should be "different is sometimes better."
on October 30, 2014
This handy case collects all my SD memory cards in one place. I have always worried about these tiny memory cards slipping through the cracks or getting mauled by our cats, but no longer. This case is very innovative and seems to have been very thoughtfully designed to do a lot in a little space. The case is translucent grey which looks good but doesn't prevent you from reading whatever is written on the memory cards themselves. Nice touch. Plus, the price is just right.
review image review image review image review image
on March 12, 2014
Semi transparent, so you can see your SD cards if they are labeled. The stickers that come with it are slick and not all markers or pens will write on the labels. Amazon search for some that can run through your printer and you'll be set. I'm using them for having different OS's on each SD card. Getting away from CD installs and tech tools on CD.
review image review image review image
on June 17, 2013
This little piece of plastic just makes sense. I'm going on a safari this summer and don't want to waste time in the evenings fiddling with downloading a bunch of photos every night. The case is sort of like having 12 of those flimsy cases your cards come in all connected together. A bit sturdier. Takes up minimal space. Lots of reviews say other the cards come loose in the cases if they get jostled. Not a problem here since each card has its own individually closing compartment. I just numbered all the label stickers and numbered all the cards I bought. Great solution!
on July 8, 2013
This is a great case for the camera bag or desk. I have a smaller metal holder I keep loaded and in my pocket when on shoots, but it only holds 6 cards. I use 4gb cards cause an entire card will transfer directly to a DVD without having to break the files on to smaller groups to copy and backup. It seems durable and holds a ton of cards
on January 26, 2014
This is a great storage idea.
I was using a little booklet type case, but the SD cards kept falling out of the slots.
With this the cards are snapped shut inside and there's no chance of them falling out.

Great product.

Doesn't get 5 stars simply because getting the card back out require a little force to open the slot and then really requires you to slip the case upside-down.

I would recommend this product.
review image
on January 24, 2014
This product is smaller than I imagined based on just the pictures; it easily fits in a pocket. I transferred all of the SD and microSD cards to this carrier from the zip-top bag I was keeping them in and feel much better about their security and organization now. This product arrived exactly as advertised, and I'm satisfied with my purchase. The seller even contacted me via e-mail to make sure I was satisfied; that's good customer service!
on August 15, 2014
I got tired of having my SD cards pop out of the holders of my other SD cases, so I ordered this one because the cards are completely enclosed and can be retrieved individually without the risk of dumping the rest. In that respect, it works very well. As a "convenience" you can open up the case and lay it flat to see all 12 cards at once. It's a handy feature, I suppose, but it's implementation could be better. First of all, the two halves don't latch together very securely, and it pop opens easily (I glued mine shut). But the worse problem is that the "fold flat" feature adds a lot of bulk to the case. I don't know why they decided there needed to be this massive gap between halves when folded, but it seems unnecessary. If the two halves came together flat... or they eliminated the "lay flat" feature all together... this would be a five-star case for me.
on April 21, 2014
It does exactly what it was intended to do. Good protection for your data cards. Doesn't take much space in my camera bag. I only wish it came with extra labels. After you write on them several times, it will be a hassle.