5.0 out of 5 stars It's Right Here In My... Hands!
For the fans:
Valo and the boys have come up with a perfect way to keep our tastebuds wet until the 2013 release of Tears On Tape.
Published 22 months ago by Austin Dalyai

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good collection with only a couple complaints
Published 7 months ago by Bardnots0

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good collection with only a couple complaints, January 25, 2014
This review is from: XX-Two Decades of Love Metal (Audio CD)
Overall it's a well done representation of their career thus far and each album except one is represented fairly well. my only two gripes are 1) the pre-Dark Light songs are the exact same songs that were used on the And Love Said No compilation, now I did expect a few repeats but this is literally song for song the exact same song selection. If it weren't for this release also featuring songs from Dark Light, Venus Doom, and Screamworks and the new song Strange World this would basically be And Love said No minus the title track and Solitary Man. My second complaint lies with the songs "Wicked Game" and "Your Sweet 666", Once again they chose to use the Razorblade Romance versions of these songs. I was hoping since they used those same versions for And Love Said No that they would switch it up a bit and use the superior versions from the Greatest Love Songs Vol.666 album this time around. No such luck, also I guess I lied there is one for thing that needs to be addressed and that is how the hell did Soul on Fire for yet a second time miss out on being part of a HIM best of release? I can understand some of my other favorites (Our Diabolikal Rapture, I've Crossed Oceans of Wine, Phantom Gate, The Beginning of The End, Beyond Redemption, Sleepwalking Past Hope, Dark Secret Love) not making the cut simply because they aren't really considered HIM's most popular or well known tunes but Soul On Fire has been a constant live staple and favorite among fans since it was first released how is it still not being considered by the band as good enough for a best of compilation? If it's an issue of CD space I would have been perfectly happy with them swapping out Heartkiller or Killing Loneliness for it.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's Right Here In My... Hands!, November 8, 2012
For the fans:
This is a terrific single disc retrospective of HIM's entire career up to this point. While most fans already have most of the songs on here, there is a very good new track at the top of the order, and a lot of these are what's being labeled as "Radio Edits." So, they are at leaset versions of the songs that we dont have on the regular studio albums. Also, the track listing works nicely, as it isn't done in chronological order.
For the newby:
This is where you want to start! 19 of HIM's biggest hit songs and one blistering new Love Metal track, give one the ultimate opertunity to see what this band is all about. There is not a week song in the bunch, and these guys can pack a serious Rock/Metal punch! Crunchy riffs, fretboard frying solos, a pounding rhythm section, and the sultry, sexy, metal voice of one Ville Valo, add up to a Love Metal experience you wont get from anywhere else. Take the riffs of Sabbath, the sex of Zeppelin, the sleeze of hair metal, and a touch of molasses for the voice, and smash them all together, and you pretty much get HIM.
Buyer beware: If you're new to this band, the purchase of this CD will make you want to buy all their other albums. I kid you not. Because, while these songs are amazing in their own right, the real magic lies within the studio albums as full pieces of art. They are all simply brilliant. So please, be caseful with your wallet, and make sure you can still pay rent.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, but why Radio Edits?, September 1, 2013
This review is from: XX-Two Decades of Love Metal (Audio CD)
I loved this CD and so did my boyfriend. However the only disappointing thing is the radio edit bits. Why put radio edit songs into an album? That's just annoying.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rock is not dead!, April 1, 2013
Anyone who says that rock is dead, has not heard this album. I feel privileged to be alive in the same generation as such amazing music.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just another part of the collection, November 6, 2012
This review is from: XX-Two Decades of Love Metal (Audio CD)
There isn't anything too special other than the 1 new single. It's pretty much just a cd to add to your collection. It also supports HIM since they don't have a record label anymore, this is extra money they can earn to help with the profits of the new album and touring in the next few years. Support HIM and buy this!

5.0 out of 5 stars Thanks Amazon!, November 7, 2012
This review is from: XX-Two Decades of Love Metal (Audio CD)
I am a long time HIM fan and was pleased with their greatest hits :) I received my order the day before the release and everything :) Can't wait for tears on tape!! THANKS YOU!!

5.0 out of 5 stars great vinyl pressing!, January 27, 2014
This is a review on the vinyl pressing. The sound is great. I would highly recommend this double LP pressing.

4.0 out of 5 stars Razorblade Romance!, November 27, 2013
This review is from: XX-Two Decades of Love Metal (Audio CD)
I've known of this band for quite awhile, but never bothered to listen to any of their music until now. I feel like kicking myself for not giving them a good listen years earlier. Very cool guitar riffs & Valo's soothing voice; while he croons about doomed romance, makes this an underrated band that deserves much more attention. They blow away anything on mainstream pop radio. I for one will be checking them out more often.

5.0 out of 5 stars Two Decades of Love Metal, by H.I.M, October 24, 2013
This review is from: XX-Two Decades of Love Metal (Audio CD)
Amazing CD! This band writes,plays and sings so wonderful, and different that, I have been the biggest Bon Jovi fan since 1983. I can't get enough of this band H.I.M, to the point I went to their concert instead of Bon Jovi, which I had 3rd row seats too. I do not regret my decision at all. H.I.M and this CD among all their others are so underrated for now. They are getting huge as they should be as more and more people hear them. The concert I went to, they were they second band to go on out of 3. Everyone walked out on the headlining band Volbeat after H.I.M. was done playing. If that doesn't say how much this band is loved and respected. We heard on the internet that it happened at all the concerts and the first band dropped out. This CD is amazing. Ville Valo is the singer/writer of all their music. He is beyond brilliant. He's very easy on the eyes. Gorgeous, to bad he doesn't see this. If there's one band you need to hear, it's H.I.M!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Hits Keep Coming, August 5, 2013
This review is from: XX-Two Decades of Love Metal (Audio CD)
After nearly ten years of being a fan of this group, it is nice to have most of my favorite songs on one CD! Thanks again HIM!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

XX-Two Decades of Love Metal
XX-Two Decades of Love Metal by HIM (Audio CD - 2012)
Rate and Discover Movies