5.0 out of 5 stars Tips from an Xbox newbie
Published 9 months ago by SEAN

2.0 out of 5 stars Cheaper price but beware no HDD to play newer games.
Be warned, there are alot of games that require a HDD to play. I have had the system 3 days and have already run across games that you cannot play without a HDD. NFS Rivals being one of them. Real disappointing, what is the point of buying this console if you cannot play the majority of new games that are out.
Published 9 months ago by J. Allen

5.0 out of 5 stars Tips from an Xbox newbie, December 2, 2013
This review is from: Xbox 360 4GB (Video Game)
First off let me say, this is my first Xbox. I'm not much of a gamer but I saw this for a great price on Black Friday and decided to pick it up. As many other reviewers have stated, please plan on picking up extra memory. I picked up a 32GB USB stick and I now have as much memory as I need. For those of you who are hardcore gamers you'll need more than that I'm sure. I'd suggest getting a hard drive. For example (with the free month of Xbox live) you can download 2 free games/month. This month the 1st game is over 6GB. So you wouldn't even be able to download that game with the 4GB built in (which is actually much less than that available.) That being said...I'm just a casual gamer so I'm not too concerned about it. Yet another caution. No games come with. If you plan on giving this as a gift you might want to pick up a game or two to get them started. The Xbox does come with a few demo games and you can always download other demos, but if you want to be playing out of the box you'll need some games. Hookup was very easy. I just plugged it in via HDMI (does not come with it. It does come with the Red, White, Yellow cable.), plugged it in to the wall and I was off and running. Couldn't be easier. I had to go through a few steps of setting up an Xbox live account, but that was no biggie.

Again if you are a hardcore gamer and plan on playing the latest and greatest multiplayer online games, get the 250GB version or buy this and plan on immediately upgrading the storage. I'm quite happy playing older/classic games and have no interest in playing online so this with the 32GB USB drive will work fine for me.

Enjoy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Works! Great!!, August 15, 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Xbox 360 4GB (Video Game)
Got the 4GB version and plugged in a USB Flash Drive and an external hard drive and now I have about 60GB. The Xbox is super quite pretty much silent. Would recommend this to anyone looking for an Xbox 360.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the new design, August 27, 2013
This review is from: Xbox 360 4GB (Video Game)
And I also love that they did away with that silly "if a feather touches me im powering off" switch. I can't recall the times my cat has walked by and swished his tail and off goes the XBOX. This one is also COMPLETELY SILENT. The slim was close... But this one nailed it.

My only complaint is that I just didn't wait a lil longer and save up and get the 250GB one. But then again I bought me a 32GB flash and I, personally, am good to go. I guess if you plan on doing lots of online gaming+downloading stuff then go with the 250. But if not and you wanna save a 100 bucks this is the way to go. Flash drives work just great. Don't believe the nonsense of some of these people who say otherwise. They probably buying crap flash drives. I recommend this one >>> B0058TUZTO

It is by far the fastest I have ever used, not to mention it is already set up for the XBOX. We also use them at work and I have yet found one that has failed. I CAN'T SAY THE SAME FOR HARD DRIVES... Just saying...

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Xbox 360 design yet, except for one thing., November 30, 2013
J. Van Wagenen (Saratoga Springs, UT, USA) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Xbox 360 4GB (Video Game)
I'm hoping people who buy this realize how useless 4GB is. Don't get me wrong, the console is great, and the redesign looks stylish and is the quietest, lowest-power-consuming Xbox 360 yet. But I bought one of these along with a 320GB hard drive. The 4GB comes from the factory filled with some bloatware (arcade game trials) and the full version of the Hexic arcade game. But even if you delete all of this, you are left with FAR less than 4GB. That's not even enough to download a single full retail game; not even close.

If you want to take advantage of the free Games for Gold (if you have a Gold subscription), good luck downloading any of those games. If you want to use the cloud game saves feature, well that takes up half a gigabyte to activate too. Even if you download nothing, some games download fairly large updates just to be playable at all. Your 4GB will easily be eaten up by any of these things.

Unless you plan on buying this console only for non-gaming purposes, like using the Amazon/Netflix/Hulu/etc apps, or only playing very small Xbox Live Arcade games, you NEED to buy a hard drive with this. Or just buy the one that includes the hard drive. But for me, 250GB wasn't enough on my Xbox 360 S, so I bought this 4GB along with the 320GB hard drive.

Now, other than the hard drive space, here's what I think about this compared to the previous Xbox 360 designs.

- Quietest design yet. I can't say for sure if it is quieter than the 360 S though or just tied, since both designs are nearly silent and I can't hear them at all when any sound is coming from my speakers. I could easily hear my launch 360's fans over my speakers, even when they were playing something relatively loud.
- The power brick is the same size as the S, but smaller than the original
- The power brick is not interchangeable with any other 360 designs, since the connector on the 360 is a small round one instead of the fairly large semi-rectangular ones from the past
- No optical audio out. This would have been a problem for me until I upgraded my AV receiver, which has all the HDMI switching capabilities I need. If you currently use optical out to pass your surround sound, and don't have an HDMI-switching AV receiver, be aware of this.
- One less USB port (4 total) than the 360 S (which had 5). One more USB port than the original Xbox 360 (which had 3). Not a problem for many, but I think you can't have too many USB ports, and would have strongly preferred they didn't remove one of them.
- Eject and power button are not touch-sensitive. You have to actually push the buttons in (I prefer this).

Now the only serious thing I'm actually a little disappointed in compared to my launch 360 and 360 S (yes, I've purchased three 360s...), is something I haven't really heard anybody else mention yet. The green ring around the power button is either fully on, or off. You can't see what player(s) are connected by looking at the lit-up ring quadrants. Interestingly enough, my Xbox One is the same way, but the Xbox One controllers don't indicate which player it is either. I really liked having a way to see what players have their controllers connected. Not sure why they cut this feature.

The design itself is quite nice, and matches my Xbox One quite well. But just like the Xbox One, half of it is a glossy surface, so you will need to be careful with it. Glossy consoles always age much worse than matte consoles, since they are easily scratched and scuffed, and show every last fingerprint. Keep it carefully dusted and don't put things on top of it if you want it to stay nice-looking for longer than a couple months.

But the important thing is this final design of the 360 is solid, reliable, silent, and will not overheat on you like the original version. A very good redesign, especially when it is in close proximity to an Xbox One, since the designs complement each other well. BUT 4GB IS NOT ENOUGH! Hope I was clear on that. :)

4.0 out of 5 stars No major complaints!, September 25, 2013
This review is from: Xbox 360 4GB (Video Game)
I had a 360 years ago but when it crashed I didn't replace it til now. Figured since the new model is due out soon, now is a great time to get the old model. Plus it was a great price. I love the new design of the 360 E models. Looks much better than the ugly original look. This one comes with 4GB, enough for me. But I put in a 16GB USB Keydrive and after a quick format through the Xbox console I now have 20GB to play with. Also got room on the Xbox Cloud. The only downfall to Xbox that I have is that Microsoft makes it difficult to just upgrade your HDD when you want to. Speaking of HDD, if you plan of buying this model AND upgrading the HDD you'll NEED TO BUY the HDD mounting bracket. This model DOES NOT come with it installed. Look at other reviews for the name of it but Amazon sells one that will fit and it's cheap. Other than all that, the games still look great, WiFi works and it comes with a months free of Live. Oh and Amazon will give you a discount on Live too. When I bought the system, I got an email for 1 year of Xbox Live for 29.99. Not a bad deal. Thanks Amazon!

5.0 out of 5 stars Silent, cool, fun, September 8, 2013
This review is from: Xbox 360 4GB (Video Game)
Its very quiet, it never gets too hot, and I haven't had a problem with it. Great upgrade to the original 360 and a little different from the 360 Slim. It takes the same hard drives as the slim, so I just bought the 4 gig and then a 360 gig hard drive separately for 40 bucks. That way I got more memory for 20 dollars less than buying the 250 gig model!
Data transfer was easy enough. Just google search "license transfer xbox360" and a microsoft support page should be top of the list. Walks you through the whole process.

4.0 out of 5 stars love my 360, November 4, 2013
This review is from: Xbox 360 4GB (Video Game)
was needing a replacement to the one the dog chewed up,was able to get with free shipping and no tax so it made it cheaper then buying it in the store and the built in wifi is nice

5.0 out of 5 stars Great price and product, October 2, 2013
This review is from: Xbox 360 4GB (Video Game)
The xbox looks awesome. Runs great and the price was great for this product. Was a birthday gift for my boyfriend and he loves it! Thanks!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great price!!!!, November 14, 2013
This review is from: Xbox 360 4GB (Video Game)
Arrived on time, although the hard drive space is small I purchased a 32 gb flash drive and works just fine.

5.0 out of 5 stars it works, February 17, 2014
This review is from: Xbox 360 4GB (Video Game)
works fine!oh my god I bought something and it works. Imagine that. No problem so far and I hope that continues.

Xbox 360 4GB
Xbox 360 4GB by Microsoft (Xbox 360)
$199.99 $179.00