5.0 out of 5 stars Good headset for the price.
I been using this headset for about a month and it has proven to be a good purchase. It provides good clear audio and is comfortable to wear during those long gaming sessions.
Published on March 17, 2012 by NR

2.0 out of 5 stars Wish It Was Better
Published on February 16, 2011 by bnhmdh

2.0 out of 5 stars Wish It Was Better, February 16, 2011
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Xbox 360 AMPX Amplified Gaming Headset (Accessory)
The quality of this headset is not what I expected. First of all, when the mute/volume control box isn't positioned just right, there is an annoying buzzing sound. This wasn't a huge deal since I have read other reviews for headsets, and it seems to be a pretty common problem in some of them. The biggest deal is that the mic tends to cut in and out when I'm talking to someone. It doesn't do it all the time, but it does it enough to aggravate me and the people trying to talk to me. My guess is that before long, this headset will just stop working. On a brighter note, when the mic isn't malfunctioning, the sound is really clear.

Oh, and I bought two of these. The buzzing problem is in both of them, but only one of them seems to have the mic function issue so far.

UPDATE: I was right. One of the headsets really did stop working (It hasn't worked for quite some time now). The cord extending from the part that hooks into the controller must be poorly made because the wires are showing. I don't just swing it around by that cord either, so it must have just pulled away from normal use of plugging the headset into the game controller. The other headset still works okay, but there is still the buzzing noise when the volume control box isn't placed just so. Maybe I just got a bad couple of headsets? Either way, next time I will probably just buy a basic Microsoft headset, or I will get a decently expensive headset in hopes that it will work better than these ones have.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed with AMPX headset, January 22, 2013
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Xbox 360 AMPX Amplified Gaming Headset (Accessory)
This AMPX headset was the second headset that I bought for my 12-year old son. The headset microphone stopped working after a week and my son just stopped using it and is now using a basic microsoft headset. I did not have the option to return it as he did not tell me about the fact that it stopped working.

I have read some of the other reviews and come to the conclusion that the product does not meet expectations. It is hard to purchase something expecting it to work as intended and then it only works for one week!!!

I am not the user but I can tell you that I have purchased headsets for $10 and have worked very well. So, it is not all about price. There are decent products that do not cost a whole lot. I guess you just cannot help feeling swindled by a product that should work longer than a week.

2.0 out of 5 stars Cheap plastic, September 13, 2011
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Xbox 360 AMPX Amplified Gaming Headset (Accessory)
Cheap and about to break, yeah it's 30 bucks but I would have rather saved my money and gotten something better, they could have made the plastic less flimsy and the bass is muffered when volume is up, there is a hissing sound when game is loading and the cheap ear cups get hot. It would be awesome if someone can make a good quality cheap headphone that doesn't cost more than a game.

1.0 out of 5 stars Get What You Pay For, December 30, 2013
A. Shopper (Georgia ...United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Xbox 360 AMPX Amplified Gaming Headset (Accessory)
I bought this for my Nephew as a replacement to the standard Xbox Headset. The sound is GREAT and you can adjust game and chat volumes separately. There is also a mute switch.

When it's working it's great, but believe me, if you play everyday like most kids do, it will break within months. Turtle Beach makes one almost identical to this one for ten more bucks and the Chat Wire is a separate cable that plugs into the Headset and the other end plugs into the Volume/Mute box. If the wire ever goes bad you can just replace it for a dollar or two.

Info on why I gave it One Star
_______________________

This thing lasted about 3 months before a wire broke internally in the cable that plugs into the headset for chat. The wires are so fine that it broke from normal use. It did NOT break loose inside the plastic piece that the wires are soldered to. It broke internally about 6 inches back from where it plugs into the controller inside of the black cable. CHEAP, CHEAP, CHEAP wire gauges used for the Chat line.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good headset for the price., March 17, 2012
This review is from: Xbox 360 AMPX Amplified Gaming Headset (Accessory)

3.0 out of 5 stars It would be great if they gave all the information needed..., December 28, 2011
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Xbox 360 AMPX Amplified Gaming Headset (Accessory)
Never mentioned in the product description you would require an adapter if you currently play utilizing HDMI. It would have been helpful to know that beforehand. Also, depending on the style of your Xbox, both cords will not fit at the same time and therefore make this product useless.

Edit:

Alright, after my initial anger to the lack of information and the thought that I would be unable to use it altogether - since not even the slim plugs will work on my computer - I went around trying to figure out a solution as I didn't feel like returning this.

Here's the breakdown of things: if your TV has a headphone out plug what you can do is buy one of the headphone splitters (Male headphone plug that unloads two male Red and White plugs) and then simply plug those in the back of the two that are provided in the set. And that's it, you're all set. No need to plug those anywhere else. Since you're plugged in to the TV with HDMI sound will still go through and you will also dodge a big problem with the setup - the random xbox resets anytime you switch the input on your TV.

Anyways, decent enough pair of headphones, giving it a 3 because I had to spend extra money to get it to work and due to the lack of information, but overall decent pair of headphones.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good headset with a string attached..., December 26, 2011
This review is from: Xbox 360 AMPX Amplified Gaming Headset (Accessory)
I've seen the other reviews that people talk about the "buzzing" sound of the headset. This is probably the biggest thing I've read about in fact, but that buzzing hasn't bothered me so far. I have my chat volume set to a point where there's no buzzing.

In order for the audio to come through from your Xbox to the headset you will need an audio adapter. These can be like 12 - 20 bucks.

This is a fully wired headset so you will have the need for wire management.

With those things said, the chat feature has worked great and playing with headset surround sound blew my mind away the first time I played. It was an awesome experiences.

I don't believe there's a reason you should not get this if you need a headset and want to create a new audio experience for yourself since the shortcomings are pretty much adjusting the chat volume and getting an adapter for your box.

Great headset and I would recommend it to anyone who wants an affordable headset solution

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for price, albeit with a buzz., December 14, 2011
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Xbox 360 AMPX Amplified Gaming Headset (Accessory)
I needed something to keep the gaming noise to a minimum (new baby at home). This headset works better than I thought but not without it's flaws. First off the overall volume on this headset is crazy. I play at like 5 or 10% total game volume, anything higher would prevent me from hearing my souroundings (IE crying baby) or hearing ever again. These things are beast. Very good clarity and bass reproduction. The chat volume also functions similarly. HOWEVER, there is a buzzing or hum sound that comes through on the chat audio line. When there is incoming chat, this isn't noticed, but during quiet times it can be annoying. If you turn off the chat volume the buzzing dissapears. But so does your buddy's comments.

My headset was received with a broken lapel clip. This is used to clip the control box to your shirt. It has 3 wires coming out of it. Since I can't clip it on, I have to have it rest on my lap. I've moved and turned my audio way up or down, which can really screw with your online gaming experience (and ears). The analog adjust knobs are sensitive.

It hooks up via an RCA audio passthrough connection (the red & white connectors). Also has a wired mic connector to connect to your controller.

Overall, I love this thing but the buzzing and overly sensitive audio knobs. And broken lapel clip. I'd reccomend this to all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, October 18, 2011
This review is from: Xbox 360 AMPX Amplified Gaming Headset (Accessory)
Pros:

- EXCELLENT sound quality
- DEEP bass response
- HIGH quality mic
- VERY comfortable
- GREAT durability

Cons:

- VERY short cords (approx. 6ft)
- REQUIRES left & right tv audio out ports
- AMPLIFIER controls not properly placed (Dead weight)

*** ALL in ALL, this is an EXCELLENT headset and will satisfy anyone! Ive personally been using thier products sinse the original Play Station and Xbox system hit the market. This is another success they bring to gamers. ***

Thank You " MadCatz® ".

5.0 out of 5 stars ok, March 9, 2012
This review is from: Xbox 360 AMPX Amplified Gaming Headset (Accessory)
the sound quality is good. the thing where you plug it into your xbox controller broke after like a few months and the thing that goes around your ear is cheap they made it rubber or somethin and it starts to irratate your ear. overall the only good thing about this is the sound quality.

Xbox 360 AMPX Amplified Gaming Headset