5.0 out of 5 stars Game for less!
Published on December 5, 2007 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Which verison to get
I had no idea Microsoft made so many different versions of the 360; I've counted 5 so far Pro bundle, elite, halo, arcade and standard 20gb. I have to add PS3 was easier to buy only 2 versions 40g and 60g no question which to buy.

I bought the Xbox 360 Arcade bundle, I'll admit because it was cheaper out of the 5 versions, I read so many reviews about this red...
Published on January 14, 2008 by mom to 3 boys

5.0 out of 5 stars Game for less!, December 5, 2007
Amazon Customer (Las Vegas, NV USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Xbox 360 Arcade [Old Version] (Video Game)
Many people do not own this arcade version, because of the pro version seem to have more features like hard drive, HD component cable, and headset. Like the holiday always offer free item(s), for example games. Many people had complain with old Xbox 360, because of the failure rate are so high due to red ring of death. Well Microsoft had fixed the problem, with new graphic card (cooler version) and with the new falcon chip (fasten the dashboard ). They may have reconfigured the cooling system or installed a more durable clamp. This arcade version is good for starter/casual gamer or replace your old one(because your old Xbox 360 broken or want the HDMI output).

There are many complains and questions about this version, So I'm willing to tell the truth and how to solve your problem of the Xbox 360 arcade version.

"I can't play my old Xbox games."

*All Xbox 360 are backwards compatible, but require download from Xbox live or you can download the backwards compatible on [...] and burn the CD, then upload to your xbox360.

"Can't play game in HD, because this version only include Standard AV cables."

*To play truly HD on your HDTV, you need HDMI cable. The arcade version support HDMI and 1080p resolution. Which you can buy HDMI cable for less than $10 on amazon.

"Is the arcade games trial or full version?"

*All five arcade games are full version. (one disc)

"It doesn't have a headset"

*Well, the headset is not included in this Xbox 360 arcade version. Note: the Microsoft headset are poorly design it will break less than a year. Go and buy a better one. Beside you can get it when you buy the Xbox live starter kit.

"It doesn't have a hard drive."

*It included a 256MB Memory unit, it's enough to save all of your games, except Xbox live download contents for example new maps, arcade games, and videos. You can buy used hard drive for less than $50 on ebay.

"Well, is the arcade version same as pro version?"

*Yes, the only different is the pro package included 20GB hard drive, component cables, and headset. They're both new version of Xbox 360 with 3 years warranty from Microsoft. They are not likely to cause more problem.

Overall it's up to you to make a choice which version to buy. Because this version is basic and cheap for standard gaming, but you can always add on. This Xbox 360 arcade version is must have for anyone who doesn't have Xbox 360.

5.0 out of 5 stars Extra Features?, September 19, 2008
J. Aday "westec222" (Orange County, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Xbox 360 Arcade [Old Version] (Video Game)
For what it's worth, here are some extra details on this model:
* Has two memory card slots: comes with a memory card that holds well more than enough for most users. You can upgrade later if you need to (I won't.)
* Has full 1080p HDMI output (you can buy the cable separately for $5 online) (you can verify this on xbox.com... the amazon details were wrong at the time of my purchase.)
* Has an ethernet port on the back. We plugged it in with a wire to our router, and it's extremely fast (much faster than iffy wireless.)
* It plays mp3s, wmas, etc. It has media player built in which is amazing. It organizes your music just as you have it, with directories, playlists, etc. Full-screen visuals blew me away!
* It plays downloaded (smile!) ripped movies natively, divx, xvid, etc. It automatically downloads the divx codec through "xbox live."
* You can watch online TV, HD movies, etc through the Live Marketplace service (I only looked at samples, and was impressed... but don't plan on using this since it's a for-pay feature, at least for now.)
* Netflix is adding xbox support later this year to stream movies direct through their serivce.
* It upscales normal DVDs to full HD 1080p (shockingly good)... so I no longer care about blu-ray discs, hd-dvd, etc. Very nice.
* Has 3 USB ports:
* I can plug my digital camera directly into the usb port and watch an HD slideshow!
* It lets you plug in usb memory drives (with pictures, movies, etc) on them and use with it's media center application. Movies I've played so far with success are .avi (divx, xvid) and mp4 (I am making them myself now with "handbrake.")
* It lets you plug in external usb hard drives too (I have a 250 gig drive plugged in loaded with movies, music, and pictures.)
* It's quiet and cool
* "Wow it's so cute!!!"

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the Best Buy, November 16, 2007
This review is from: Xbox 360 Arcade [Old Version] (Video Game)
I bought the Xbox 360 Arcade to replace the Xbox 360 Premium I had since launch, the Arcade runs much quieter and smoother, and at $279 with a wireless controller, memory card and 5 arcade games it's a much better deal than a Wii or PS3. Plus it's easy to add on a Hard Drive and it comes with an HDMI port. It's one of the few Xbox 360s with the new 65nm falcon processor and it runs much cooler than the previous 90nm processor.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great option for upgrade or replacement, November 5, 2007
This review is from: Xbox 360 Arcade [Old Version] (Video Game)
I have owned a 360 since it came out but it has not worked like it was supposed to since about six month after purchasing it. I was going to buy a new premium so I could get HDMI output but i could not justify spending another 350. This console solved my problems. I got HDMI output, it came with a wireless controller, and i just used my existing harddrive. The console is quieter and 1080p output with the HD-DVD drive is amazing!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great replacement for early models, and if you want HDMI, January 15, 2008
This review is from: Xbox 360 Arcade [Old Version] (Video Game)
Wow, this machine is a massive improvement over my last Xbox 360 (Premium). I had the three red lights issue with my original, and got it replaced, but the DVD drive I had was not up to snuff, and man it was loud. My VGA video would cut-out when the unit got hot. I got an Intercooler attachment which prolonged the outages, but man it made the unit even louder.

Then POOF the Xbox 360 Arcade gets released. It has HDMI, and other improvements that have made my gaming experience much more pleasurable. I was able to keep my 20gb hard drive and use it on the arcade from my old system. I traded in my old system w/o the hard drive at a well-known reseller for around $130. So awesome, now I have HDMI, and a quiet reliable system (so far). Dumb Microsoft didn't get this right in the first place, but the console is so fun I hated to give up on it.

Interesting fact: The power supply from the Arcade and my old system are not interchangable, likely to the different wattage for the inner improvements.

I also like the looks of the white DVD tray, as opposed to the cheesy shiny one on my old system. It looks a lot better, and I like it better than the look of the Black Elite ! (just my opinion).

5.0 out of 5 stars Arcade with Falcon MB 65 nm and BenQ DVD Drive., January 14, 2008
This review is from: Xbox 360 Arcade [Old Version] (Video Game)
I am very happy so far with my xbox 360 arcade bundle. It came home from amazon on december 21-2007. The only complaint was that the arcade game case was cracked and the green box a little mauled but this would be my only complaint. Everything else was in perfect conditions and it arrived home before than expected so good job amazon in that matter. Just advice employees to be more careful with the hardware you sell. My arcade has a mfr: 2007-10-17 Team: CSON LOT 741 and 203w psu. I have used my 360 for a few hours a couple times a week since it arrived home, and it doenst overheat, it just gets a little warm. The Benq dirve is probably better and quieter than the other optical drives but still loud. The fans are Brushless and I know it is falcon since I did the flashlight inspection and I saw the two inductor rings lying down and the silver heatsink with no copper pipe. Great purchase I think that amazon is only shipping falcons as of now. This arcade bundle is defenitely better than the former core bundle. So I think they should have made it this way since the beginning. I would say microsoft is concerned now about so many failure complaints and wants to make it up to customers hopefully.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great backup/upgrade for your current 360, December 12, 2007
This review is from: Xbox 360 Arcade [Old Version] (Video Game)
The Xbox 360 Arcade bundle is not for everyone. Without a component cable, a headset, or even a hard drive, it's not a good purchase compared to the Premium/Pro set and not recommended for your first 360 purchase. However, because it's $70 cheaper than the Premium/Pro it's well recommended as a backup or an upgrade to your current 360.

The two main reasons why it doubles well for an upgrade:
1. The Arcade Unit has an HDMI port
HDMI was only recently added to 360s as of August 2007, so if you owned a 360 prior to that your console most likely does not have the HDMI port. Picking up this new Arcade bundle and moving your current hard drive to it allows you to easily upgrade your 360 to one with HDMI.

2. The Arcade Unit has the Falcon motherboard
360s manufactured in 2006 and the first half of 2007 were not optimally designed, resulting in the graphics chip on the motherboard overheating and causing the 3 Red Lights error that many 360 owners have encountered (I'm on my 4th console myself). Microsoft tried to remedy this with their second motherboard, the Zephyr, which was used when the Elite was released. This motherboard contained an additional heatsink, keeping the 360 a bit cooler. The number of consoles that red ringed due to overheating was reduced, but they still occurred. Microsoft released a third revision to their motherboard in Fall of 2007, called the Falcon. This current motherboard contains a smaller CPU chip, resulting in an even cooler motherboard, further reducing the possibility of your 360 giving you the 3 red lights. It is by no means perfect, but it is far more reliable than the previous motherboards.

I was initially worried that the Arcade bundle I ordered would not contain the Falcon chipset, but I am relieved to see that it does. I'm not sure if all Arcade bundles have Falcon chipsets in them, but the one I bought on 12/10/07 from Amazon was manufactured on 10/3/07 with a lot # of 740. It looks like Amazon is moving the systems fast enough that they have systems that have been recently manufactured. If you buy an Arcade unit from Amazon now, there's a good chance it will be a Falcon motherboard.

Also, it's a good backup should your current 360 red ring and you have to send it into Microsoft. Waiting for three or four weeks before you get it back with all these great games out can be rough. Now you can still play when your 360 is being fixed!

4.0 out of 5 stars falcon 65mn, December 21, 2007
This review is from: Xbox 360 Arcade [Old Version] (Video Game)
so far i don t have any problems with the xbox it runs a lot smooter than the one i had before i was thinking about getting a ps3 but that systeme has nothing on the xbox 360 and i like to have the best so i purchase an xbox 360 once again i hope this time it won t get those 3 red lights of death but if you ever had any problems with your previous xbox i recommend you get this one so far i haven t heard anything negative about it in terms of malfuction. so go get it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent System, December 20, 2007
This review is from: Xbox 360 Arcade [Old Version] (Video Game)
I bought this during Amazon's 10 days deal. ($255 with two extra games.) I was able to get a hard drive clearance at KMart for $25, and I got the normally bundled games from eBay. (I also sold the 2 bundled games for $95.) The only problem was that I had to do a little leg work to get the great deal, and make it the same as the "Pro" bundle.

This comes with the RCA output, which is boring. When I used an HDMI cable I had to plug it into my HDTV, it looks AMAZING. I am extremely happy with this purchase, and the Arcade games are slightly addicting.

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid system, but noisy, September 21, 2008
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Xbox 360 Arcade [Old Version] (Video Game)
I purchased a PS3 roughly 3 months ago. Played a couple of the proprietary games then realized that that I was paying for a system that was too big for my needs. Pretty much all I do is play games on it. I'm not online and I don't have HD. Plus the game selection is limited. So I sold it and picked up this low end 360. Seems like a solid system. The price is right at $200 bucks and it totally meets my needs. I won't be online downloading content, etc. The memory card that comes with the system seems like it will support plenty of saves from multiple games.
But here's the rub. It's really noisy compared to my old PS3. The fan just runs the whole time. I have the console in an open area and it never heats up. I'm wondering if the newer 360's are all like this due to some of the red ring of death issues older versions had? But it's loud. Like I have to turn up the TV a bit to hear over it loud. And when you turn off the console, you notice just how loud it was. I'd still keep my 360 over the PS3 despite this annoyance.

Xbox 360 Arcade [Old Version]
Xbox 360 Arcade [Old Version] by Microsoft (Xbox 360)
Used & New from: $104.20