Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Xbox 360 Black Headset
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on December 24, 2013
it arrived quickly, is very cheap, but its a Microsoft headset, so it has all the downfalls of that.
It wont last very long, even in very careful hands, the sound is alright, and so is the mic, but players might be unheard or not hear you, the mute switch is in an awkward position since its a newer headset.

So itll do the job and is a great option if a kid needs a mic, or if you will need to travel with it.
You might want to also consider plantronics, they last a fair bit longer but are often $12ish rather than this one for $7ish
on July 20, 2012
Shipped fast, two days early. I waited about four or more months before I reviewed this item. Works perfectly still and I will be buying another for a backup. :)
on October 23, 2012
Now, you must know when buying this product that you're not getting state of the art equipment. If you curb your expectations, you will be pleased upon the receipt of this product. Some reviews say that the product arrived damaged...to that, I cannot comment as mine arrived in mint condition. The headset works well and while the sound quality is quite poor, it's just about the same as the $20 headsets that you would get through Microsoft. Overall, I would highly recommend this product to anyone looking to grab a cheap headset for functionality.
on October 22, 2012
I have spent full price on microsoft headsets and this one is less than half and equally good. I have put it to rigourous use and it has performed flawlessly!
on February 16, 2015
Not really happy with them as a Microsoft genuine product. The quality is low, the connector does not fit snugly into the controller, and doesn't have the large base that was Xbox 360's connection before. This reminds me of an old phone headset more than a decent gaming device.

It has a Microsoft genuine holograph on it, but it just feels like Microsoft copped out on this one, saying "eh, it works I guess."

Three stars because voices can be heard both ways, so, eh, it works I guess.
on February 13, 2015
I would not recommend this mic, it seems like it must be refurbished or sub standard in quality. Mike would pop and crackle after just 2 weeks of use. People clearly could not hear me well and I had to yell to be heard clearly. this type of mic is cheep but not durable. After getting the turtle beach ear force xla headset I feel so stupid for buying the OEM mic again and again. This mic sucks get a turtle beach!
on October 17, 2015
The headset worked perfectly and has lasted longer than the expensive headsets we had purchased and used with an adapter. We're currently using this headset on our xbox one using an adapter since it's worked so well and our xbox one headset kicked the bucket.
on March 21, 2015
Appears to be a real Microsoft headset (basic, cheapest one Microsoft sells) with a Microsoft hologram. However, it comes in an unlabeled blister pack and a plastic bag... no makings at all on the package. If you don't care about the package, it is a good, basic headset. If it holds up like the other, identical headsets we've had, the kids should get about 18 to 24 months of good, solid use out of it.
on February 23, 2015
Five stars for the seller, specially on shipping speed. One star for the product, terrible indeed. Ive probably gone through 20 of these things, Microsoft makes one sh***y disposable headset. They are not made to last, mine cuts in and out on the second day of use.
on April 6, 2015
Great price, works well, except I have to yell in the mic a bit to be heard (or for it to pick up). For some reason, I run into the constant problem of mics being incredibly too weak or incredibly too loud/too sensitive. I really wish Microsoft would (as Sony has with their Playstations) add a gain setting on the xbox itself. Seems most of the affordable headsets have volume controls on the speakers, but not the microphone piece. Very annoying.