5.0 out of 5 stars Must have cable
Published on August 13, 2010 by Mike

1.0 out of 5 stars Defective cable
I was very disappointed with my purchase. I received a cable, alright. However, Shivser sent me one that does not work. On any TV, neither audio or video work. I will definitely not be buying products from Shivser anymore.
Published on September 3, 2010 by CassandraChavez

5.0 out of 5 stars Must have cable, August 13, 2010
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Xbox 360 Component HDTV Video and RCA Stereo AV Cable (Video Game)
This is the cable that shoukld come with the 360. You need this cable if you have a older HDTV without the HDMI jack. If you do have HDMI then you do not need this cable. It has all 3 componet wores RED BLUE GREEN stereo audio and the iold low def yellow jack. This totaly replaces the old jack and will output low def or hi def. Remember after connecting you have to go to settings and turn on hifed. After you convert to this cable you will be able to read the small text that you cannot on the standard cable.

1.0 out of 5 stars Defective cable, September 3, 2010

2.0 out of 5 stars It works, somewhat...., December 31, 2010
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
Purchased this to get high def from my xbox 360, well everything looked great till I opened it and plugged it in, it worked....but when I tried to switch it to HDTV selection, it wouldn't budge. I had to literally take a screwdriver and pry it up to get it to go to HDTV, then once that was done plugged it in and nothing worked. No red rings meaning it was connected properly, but it didn't work. Next step I did, I said screw it and went ahead and just used the TV settings got it up to 720p/1080i...but anything I set it on there seemed to be a scan on....Almost like the snow you get from watching a TV not plugged into anything, only difference is that it was black snow rather than white. I was going to keep it, and deal with it because its barely noticeable during games, but when those blacks come out, or my brightness is up it's a nightmare. For people reading this and saying well you can't use HDTV or anything on a non high def television, I got it hooked up to a brand spanking new 50 inch panasonic S2 series plasma. Eveything works great, and with the old cables without the HDTV settings that are regular cables not component, they produce none of this hazing, snowing, scanning whatever the term is. Decided to return it and UPS will be picking it up today. All in all, go for it buy the product as many people seem to have good reviews about it, or just buy the Microsoft one for a few bucks more. Save a few bucks and go for it I would say, and if anything happends like what happened to me, that is your key to knowing to sending it back.

1.0 out of 5 stars Defective, September 4, 2010
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
Defective product, dead on arrival, if I didn't only pay $8 for this I would be far angrier, as it stands it's hardly worth even bothering to return it since this was only supposed to be a spare cable anyway.

5.0 out of 5 stars nice replacement cord from Amazon, April 2, 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Very nice replacement cord for the xbox 360. Its both a high definition and also works on the older style crt televisions also. The universal replacement cord was also much cheaper then the major retailers. Would surley reccomend this seller and item to other. 5 stars also fits all the older models as some have different styles. Also shipping was promt Nothe thumbs up for Amazon !!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, February 22, 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This product is very good works perfect on my Xbox 360 good way to save money and its a good spend plus it ships very fast only thing is that they give the cable with a few extra colors

1.0 out of 5 stars Shoddy imitation cable was DOA, December 29, 2010
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
I ordered this product expecting from the picture to recieve a replica of the original Microsoft component cable. I should have read the title more closely as it does not have the optical out that the original cable came with. This issue was second however to the fact that IT DIDN'T WORK at all when it arrived. Buyer beware. For a few bucks more you can get an original Microsoft cable right here on Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Would not work., February 5, 2014
No matter what I tried I could not get this to work. It may have just been a lemon I don't know. I can however say the one I got is useless.
Edit: Sorry it wasn't the cord it was the TV. I tried the cord on another TV and it works great. I should have tried on another TV before writing the review. I would buy from this seller again.

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY!, July 10, 2014
Does not fit in the back of my 360

4.0 out of 5 stars Someone broke our TV's HDMI ports - this was the easy cure., July 7, 2014
Works as advertised. The easiest way to get "HD" gaming on a TV with busted HDMI ports.

Xbox 360 Component HDTV Video and RCA Stereo AV Cable