5.0 out of 5 stars 250GB S model to 320GB S Gears of War Console
Published on November 5, 2011 by S. H. Wells

3.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use, works slower than I'd like.
Published 22 months ago by Misfit

5.0 out of 5 stars 250GB S model to 320GB S Gears of War Console, November 5, 2011
S. H. Wells (Tulsa, OK United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Xbox 360 Hard Drive Transfer Cable (Accessory)
I am a huge Gears of War fan. I also use my xbox a lot. So when my girlfriend decided she wanted an xbox, I took the opportunity to upgrade mine so she could inherit my 250gb s model. I picked up the 320gb Gears model. It was a little confusing at first trying to figure what cable I would need to perform a slim to slim data migration. The good people at microsoft support told me what I needed and the AWESOME people on amazon's forums confirmed that this was the correct cable.

The data migration itself is very simple. First plug your new xbox into your tv. Next remove your old hard drive. Then plug one end of the transfer cable into your new USB port and the other end into your old hdd. The screen will automatically prompt you to select what you want to transfer. Finally I went to xbox webpage and searched the license transfer. A few clicks later, my Gears console is loaded with all my movies, music, game saves, game downloads, etc and my girlfriend has a pristine xbox to watch Netflix with (and play Gears!!).

The most difficult part of the process was finding where the slim hdd release was located (a small well disguised latch on the bottom of the xbox). If you can't find the hdd, there are good YouTube tutorials for that.

This cable is good for any transfer between any two xbox 360 consoles.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works with ANY 360 or laptop hard drive, April 4, 2012
This review is from: Xbox 360 Hard Drive Transfer Cable (Accessory)
This newer Xbox 360 hard drive transfer kit is built well and extremely easy to use. Whether you have a new or old 360, the hard drive plugs in without a hitch, and it can then be used as an external drive to copy data to a different console.

The thing that makes this device well worth the money is that it's not just for the 360 -- ANY 2.5-inch laptop hard drive can be connected to it, allowing you to make any drive external. This eliminates the need for a casing of some kind with screws and other small pieces that can get lost easily. Even if you don't have a 360, this is worth the price just to keep it with your PC hardware in case it's needed in the future.

5.0 out of 5 stars It Does Its Job...Almost Too Well, August 16, 2012
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Xbox 360 Hard Drive Transfer Cable (Accessory)
A word of caution for anyone who needs to transfer over their memory from one Xbox to another; This item will absolutely transfer that memory, but if you or someone you know is planning on still using the memory on that old Xbox then they will no longer have it after the transfer is complete.

With this item there is no copy option, no select these items and copy option, just pick what you want transferred and it will do it. Ironically that's what it is made for, but alas copying information would have been a nice addition to a solid product.

Just realize and note that if you or someone you know plans on keeping the information on that other Xbox you may want to invest in a large GB flash drive instead which has the ability to copy.

5 Successfully Transferred Stars out of 5.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product works just as described, February 21, 2012
Jeni (California) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Xbox 360 Hard Drive Transfer Cable (Accessory)
I purchased this to transfer my Old Xbox360 20GB hard drive to my NEW Xbox 360 slim 250GB it works great! HIGHLY recomended specially if you need to transfer information from a Xbox 360Slim to another Slim model this unit does Both Old Xbox and NEW Slim model!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Xbox 360 Hard Drive Transfer Cable, January 17, 2012
This review is from: Xbox 360 Hard Drive Transfer Cable (Accessory)
Got this to transfer content from my Xbox 360 Elite 20GB to my new Xbox 360 Slim 250GB and it worked great. Took about an hour I believe. Great product, easy to use.

5.0 out of 5 stars WORKS GOOD AND DOES IT FAST!, January 23, 2014
This review is from: Xbox 360 Hard Drive Transfer Cable (Accessory)
This came in the mail quicker then i expected it. I have an old white Xbox 360 which broke down a month ago, but then on Christmas I received a newer version of the Xbox 360 which was Xbox 360 slim (black).

Unfortunately all my games were digital and were saved on the old Xbox hard drive. I was sad that I couldn't play them because the hard drive wouldn't fit on my Xbox slim so I went ahead and ordered this. Very easy to set up, on the side there was a black lid that looked like a hard tape but it's actually a cover, it was hard to come off but it came off eventually, you just gotta pull it hard. I attached that to the hard drive itself not the console. Then turned on my Xbox 360 slim and a message appeared saying do you want to transfer files to or from this storage device. This process took me 30 minutes but it was worth the wait. :)

At first I thought I'd have to turn on my old Xbox 360 to make this work which worried me because my old Xbox 360 had broke. But no! all you need is this cable attached to your new Xbox 360 and the hard drive from the old or broken Xbox 360 itself, that's it. Very easy. Also works on slim hard drive for a transfer from slim to slim. I hope this also works great for you and game on!

5.0 out of 5 stars Did what is said, February 14, 2012
This review is from: Xbox 360 Hard Drive Transfer Cable (Accessory)
I bought this to transfer from a slim to slim and thats what it did, worked great and easy to use, one good for 1 use really unless you plan to buy alot and transfer things all the time, wish it was cheaper but cant take a point off becasue it did what it said

5.0 out of 5 stars works, January 10, 2014
This review is from: Xbox 360 Hard Drive Transfer Cable (Accessory)
I got this cause I got the xbox 360 E and need to move the memory so my dad could have my xbox 360 slim and it worked out

5.0 out of 5 stars works perfectly for xbox 360 hard drive to xbox 360 hard drive, February 15, 2012
This review is from: Xbox 360 Hard Drive Transfer Cable (Accessory)
I used this cable to transfer from my original 20gb hard drive to a 120gb hard drive for the original xbox 360. It worked perfectly. There's no cd needed, just follow the directions that are included in the box.

I have not tested the xbox 360 to xbox 360 slim as I don't have a newer xbox yet, but I'm sure I will whenever this Xbox 360 dies.

3.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use, works slower than I'd like., December 9, 2012
This review is from: Xbox 360 Hard Drive Transfer Cable (Accessory)
I found it was very easy to use this cable. I transferred about 100 GB from my old 250 GB S Console drive to a new 320 GB S Console drive. I don't remember exactly how long it took but it was probably an hour or longer. The instructions mention that when you plug in the cable and turn your Xbox on you should see a message pop up asking if you want to transfer data using the cable. My Xbox took a really long time to display this message. I actually was able to get to my system settings in my Xbox and start the transfer process before my Xbox ever detected the cable and displayed the message.

This cable will not allow you to transfer any games you have installed on your old hard drive to a new one. You'll have to re-install the games onto your new hard drive using your Xbox console.

Xbox 360 Hard Drive Transfer Cable
Xbox 360 Hard Drive Transfer Cable by Microsoft Software (Xbox 360)
$19.99 $19.28