Customer Discussions > Xbox 360 Kinect Wall Mount forum

Xbox 360 Kinect Wall Mount

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 12, 2011 6:54:37 PM PST
When the Kinect sensor is wall mounted, is there enough cable included in the set to reach the Xbox console? Is an extension cable required?

Posted on Jan 14, 2011 4:58:02 PM PST
Forget it! I'll die of old age waiting for someone to respond. I went ahead and bought the set and yes, there is more than enough cable to connect the sensor to the console with a wall mount at the 6 foot level.

Posted on Jan 16, 2011 4:30:04 PM PST
Aphex242 says:
Two points: One, you waited 46 hours for a response. Unless you're a mayfly, I think you're not dying of old age suddenly in that window. Two, your question is specific to your setup. A much better question would have been "How long is the Kinect cable?"

That question, btw, is easily answered with a google search. The answer to the question is the Kinect cable is 9 feet long, as indicated in the first result of a search.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2011 6:37:00 PM PST
Aphex242, that 242 must be your IQ. I'm impressed, also a little sad at the lack of civility. Thanks for your information, I appreciate that.

aphex

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 17, 2011 3:55:20 PM PST
Aphex242 says:
See, now I feel bad too :/ You're welcome for the info, I must have read more snark into your reply than was warranted. My apologies.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 17, 2011 5:40:35 PM PST
Apologies accepted! Have a nice evening.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 21, 2011 1:29:04 PM PST
Cath says:
Thanks for asking this question Col Elmer. 2 weeks ago, I was working here at my job and that day I was planning to buy the kinect and wall mount online while here at work..lol. I had been wondering the same thing as you about the cable length of the Kinect before buying it AND buying this wall mount. If I tried to google it to find the answer about the kinect cable length, I could not access any gaming websites or message boards/forums. My job's network administrators have all the gaming websites and message boards/forums blocked! Amazon.com is one of the few websites I can access here at work. :(
Anyway, I would have asked this question on here 2 weeks ago, but instead I called my brother and I found out the answer about the Kinect cable length from him since he was already a Kinect owner. That's how I got my answer and ordered the kinect AND the wall mount while at work. lol.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 21, 2011 5:29:33 PM PST
Thank you Cath for answering my original query, I appreciate that. I mounted the sensor on my wall above the TV and it works just fine. There was more than enough cable to reach the console. The sensor position works real good, no trouble at all. I couldn't put the sensor on the TV table because it would have been too low and you are not supposed to put it in front of a TV speaker and mine has 16 of them, all across the entire set. I did have some trouble with the supplied screws but went and bought some of my own and they worked perfectly. Thanks again for your interest, I appreciate YOU!
Colonel Follis
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  Jan 12, 2011
Latest post:  Jan 21, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Xbox 360 Kinect Wall Mount
Xbox 360 Kinect Wall Mount by PDP (Xbox 360)
4.5 out of 5 stars   (181)