Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on June 19, 2016
If you don't have room on your entertainment center... this mount will work very well for you. It has a lock on it to hold the kinect into place on the unit, and then one to lock it into the wall mount as well. Very sturdy, easy installation with only a few screws.
on September 7, 2012
Not sure why that ask some weird stuff for the stars but gave it a 5 star anyways. The Mount is really easy to install if you have a drill. It has 3 screws that go into the mount then the wall and from there you just slide the thing that holds the actual Kinect to it on. Really easy to install and for the Kinect to slide in place with out ruining it.
on December 21, 2011
I am using my Kinect in my bedroom which is approximately 12 feet by 11 feet. As the Kinect asks you to be 6-10 feet away from it for optimal use, that runs me into the furniture on the opposite wall of my bedroom. I used the Kinect and was excited, selecting the "Great" spot but I kept on running into my closet and my bed and I couldn't reach some spots because I kept on running into my nightstand - not fun. I saw this wall mount and thought from the reviews and the description that it would be perfect. And it was! For only $10 and in only 10 minutes, I had the Kinect mounted to the wall above my mirror, adding an additional 1-2 feet of playing room.

The directions recommend having a drill (a motorized screwdriver worked just as well) and determining whether or not there were studs in the wall. If there are, you're supposed to put these plastic bases in and then the screws in after. I don't have a "stud-finder" so I just marked the hole locations with a pencil and drilled the screws directly into the wall. It is VERY sturdy. I was actually surprised how sturdy the mount was. There is a square-ish metal piece with four holes in it (with a little rise in the center of it that faces up) that you drill into the wall and then there is a plastic piece that slides down over that. Don't worry if the screws don't go in perfectly flat. The plastic piece still slid over mine when 3/4 screws went in crooked. Then there is a base that clips to the Kinect (with the flip/switch in the back left) and then that slides onto the plastic piece and snaps into place. It is very sturdy and serves my purpose well.

Conclusion: Wow! Such a great deal! I highly recommend this product. It puts your Kinect out of harms way, securely on the wall. Very easy to "assemble". I can't believe it's this cheap. :)
on July 10, 2011
I was sick of not having the kinect wall mount just laying on top of a speaker... so I got this and now have the wall mount placed very high above my 55" tv, probably at about 7-8 feet up... this allows me to get really close to the TV when playing games, much closer than when the sensor was lower.
on August 8, 2011
There really is no reason to go into elaborate detail, it works like it is supposed to, and mounts the kinect securely to your wall.

I would advise utilizing a level before securing this to the wall.

Good piece of hardware, easy to install, kinect fits on it like a champ!
on August 26, 2013
I purchased this wall mount to maximize the play-space of a rather small TV room in which our XBOX 360 Kinect is located. What I didn't take into account, however, was that the Kinect does not allow any horizontal adjustment -- and neither does this wall mount -- so you're on your own when it comes to aligning the front of the sensor with the center-line of your viewing space. Our TV room's furniture is aligned on a bit of a diagonal, so I had to modify the left side of the wall mount to stand out of the wall by about 3cm compared to the right side. To do this, for each of the two left-hand screw mounts, I used three 1cm plastic spacers and extra-long screws between the mounting plate and the wall (I happened to have screws and spacers lying around from another project).

Ideally, this unit would have a swivel on the mount, since walls are rather difficult to rotate for adjustment :)

Also, the screws are quite low quality. The head of one of them snapped off as I was screwing it into a wall stud, even though I had bored a pilot hole. Fortunately, I had a bunch in my workshop.

A suggestion before you start -- make sure you have some spacers or cylindrical washers, longer screws and extra drywall mounts if you need to resposition.
on May 5, 2012
Like someone else said, great idea but...

The mfr really should have spent that extra 0.20 on some decent screws and anchors. The ones that came with the mount are complete garbage! The anchors were really flimsy and cheap.

The anchors are the screw into the wall type and not your typical drill-a-hole-&-hammer-in-the-anchor type!

The instructions did not tell you what size hole to drill so you're left guessing at which drill bit to use. The screw threads on the anchors WILL throw you off 'cause it makes the anchors look a lot bigger than they are. Drill a hole too big and the anchors will not hold. Drill one too small and the anchors won't fit into the hole until you drill a bigger hole - good luck 'cause if you drill too big...you get it...

The screws are CHEAP! The heads strip with the lightest use. Why couldn't the manufacturer included some decent screws??? OMG, like it would have added what? 0.05 to the cost???

HINT, use your own anchors and screws!
on September 28, 2011
First of all, this wall mount is awesome. The construction is great the finish was nice, plus it also came with mounting screws. HOWEVER, it just didn't work for me...let me explain.

My 55" LCD TV is wall-mounted and the front sticks out about 11 inches from the wall. It is mounted pretty high (5' at the top from floor to ceiling) to keep the little kids from messing with it. Anyway, since the Kinect should only be mounted at a maximum height of 6' I only had a foot of space to work with. Since this mount only comes out from the all about 6 inches, the Kinect eye/camera can't see anything below. This is a major issue because now my kids can't play the game.

I just wish that the mount can extend out farther. It was a good thing that my co-worker needed this so I just sold it to her.

If you're in the same predicament as I am, I suggest the Kinect TV Mount Clip. This clip is SOLID and clamps right on my LCD TV with no problems at all. The Kinect tilts and moves and the clip does not budge at all.

Have Fun!
on January 1, 2011
This is a no brainer for the XBOX KINECT owners who have the less than the six foot requirement of space in front of your TV set. This device adds approximately 1 to 2 feet of extra space if you mount it over the set like I did. Microsoft thought of everything from adding wall anchors for those with dry wall to a removable locking mechanism for the Kinect sensor so it's not just hanging precariously up on the wall. The ease of installation is a plus; I am by no means "handy" in any way and it took about 10 minutes to set up. Just remember to recalibrate after installation..not a big deal at all.
on February 12, 2013
We have a narrow, deep living room, and our TV is mounted on the wall, and the console is on a shelf . We discovered the Kinect had trouble seeing us both on top the TV and the shelf. I bought this and it let me put the kinect in the perfect spot below the tv. It arrived in a few days and literally took two minutes to set up. I also purchased the bracket to hold the wii sensor bar on top of the connect. Makes the whole thing look even more like a Skynet spy, but we're happy with it.