5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect solution for small spaces
If you live in a small space, this is perfect for getting your Kinect up high and a little farther away. My TV is not wall mounted and is about a foot an a half in front of the wall. With this Kinect wall mount, I gain that additional foot an half and by putting it 6 feet up, I gain about another foot. Now I'm able to play 2 player games in my small living room...
Published on November 30, 2010 by Sunil D. Singh

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Idea, Poor Implementation
I like this wall mount a lot. It frees up a lot of space and works better than other mounts that I have used for my Kinect.

Published on July 8, 2011 by hanfamous

‹ Previous | 1 2 318 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Don't over think this. Its an excellent, cost effective solution!, February 8, 2011
Friends,

I am the classic hand-wringing, slow to pull the trigger guy when it comes to 3rd party products. After A LOT of research, I decided to spend the 15 dollars for this product.

It is great! I mounted it on the wall slightly below my plasma tv, and I have a small living room. It now sits approximately 4'6" from the ground and can see me, 6'2" and my kids who are both in the 3" range.

Installation is easy, using the supplied wall anchors and screws you will secure a metal plate against the wall in your desired location (it comes with 4, you probably will be fine with 2). The Kinect Sensor snaps onto a base (in the kit) and the base slides into the locking clip which is secured to the plate against the wall. The sensor can be removed at will from the wall by simply pressing the release and removing it.

The cables will be visible, but I ran mine in the wall.

This is the best solution of those available. This is a sturdy good looking unit and makes the Kinect Sensor range GREAT for those of you adults playing games with your younglings.

Feel free to contact me and I will provide pics and an installation video.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very well made!, January 24, 2011
This review is from: Xbox 360 Kinect Wall Mount (Accessory)
I love how this comes with an adapter that locks onto the kinect base and then locks into the wall mount. It can eaily be unlocked/removed from the wall mount. The only reason I gave this 4 stars is because the screws are garbage! Cheap metal and you really need to crank them into the plastic anchors. They are 2x too long and they are too soft of a metal so be careful not to strip the heads on them. I ended up using 2 of my own steel screws because they really need to be used instead of the cheap ones. Besides that if you wall mount you're TV, wall mount your kinect or it just looks stupid having a camera 4 feet under your TV. It looks awesome having the kinect wall mounted above your TV, just make sure if the Kinect has to point down to see the players that you do not wall mount it too close to your TV bezel or it will block the view of the kinect and you will have poor game play.

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid unit, does a great job, but includes cheap screws!, January 8, 2011
Bad Cat! (Duluth, MN USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Xbox 360 Kinect Wall Mount (Accessory)
When I ordered this, I was expecting some cheap plastic thing that would barely hang onto the wall and probably use sticky foam to keep the Kinect stable - this unit is so much better!
The unit is small, but does stick out a little to give Kinect access to turn. There is a solid metal bracket that you mount on the wall, and the holder slides down onto that. The Kinect is then attached solidly to a very sturdy base by two spring clips which allow you to remove the unit from the wall without having to remove the mounting. The feature that impressed me the most? the platform that the Kinect will sit on follows the same taper as the Kinect base! They could have made it a straight block and it would have performed just fine, but they took the time to incorporate the mount into the design of the Kinect!
The one thing I will complain about however, is that they included extremely cheap screws (which is why I'm giving this 4 stars instead of 5). When installing the unit, several of the screws actually broke (one during insertion, the others during extraction). It was being installed on a plaster wall, so if you just have some light drywall, it probably won't be a problem (but I'd advise you to use some higher-quality screws just to be sure).

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for mounted TVs, January 4, 2011
Katie S. (Mac Arthur, WV) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Xbox 360 Kinect Wall Mount (Accessory)
I bought this to go with our Kinect just before Christmas. We have an open living room and a very large 42-inch TV that hangs on the wall. This was perfect to mount mount our Kinect under the TV just above our Xbox 360 console. It works much better than having it sitting on our TV console. With it sitting on the console, the Kinect had a hard time recognizing my 6'3" husband and kept telling us both to move back even though we were back as far as we could go. With our sensor mounted on the wall, it has no trouble recognizing either him or me. It even picks up our 2 small children (ages 3 and 1) and recognizes them now too. I would definitely recommend this to anyone who is extremely tall or has limited space.

5.0 out of 5 stars Grow your XBOX Kinect gaming space with a simple wall mount, January 1, 2011
David Powell (Sammamish, WA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Xbox 360 Kinect Wall Mount (Accessory)
We originally had Kinect sitting down low in front of the TV on a TV table, about two feet out from the TV wall. With that set-up, we found our gaming/TV room was a foot or two smaller than needed for two players. By using this PDP-built wall mount, we reclaimed a couple feet of space wasted by the TV stand and TV, so two players can now comfortably compete.

To make sure the Kinect could see head AND feet, before we drilled or screwed in a thing, we measured our spot on the wall and then had one person hold Kinect where we planned to put it while the other checked Kinect's view on the XBOX. We also extended a length of stiff tape measure from the Kinect to someone's feet to be sure the top of the TV would not obstruct Kinect's view.

Am not handy at all, but found the product is simple, mounts easily using a drill, screwdriver tips, and a level, and holds the Kinect unit securely.

5.0 out of 5 stars Small space? No problem!, December 29, 2010
This review is from: Xbox 360 Kinect Wall Mount (Accessory)
When I first got my Kinect I was extremely discouraged with it. It lost 'contact' with me quite often...I was ready to box it back up and try to return it. But, I read some forums and decided my camera placement was the problem. So, without spending a lot more money, I went with the wall mount solution rather than a tripod or TV mount. This way, if it didn't work I wasn't out another $40+.

This was the PERFECT solution to my problems! The camera mounted above my TV to the wall added a couple of feet of space, as well as being able to see more of the room, and my FEET! If you are short on the space, I highly recommend this mount!

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Idea, Poor Implementation, July 8, 2011
This review is from: Xbox 360 Kinect Wall Mount (Accessory)

I was trying to anchor this mount into the drywall above my TV and I ran in to some problems. I drilled holes for the anchors and put those in. However, I snapped three of the screws that were provided trying to screw them in to the anchors. I would have given this product 5 stars if I could have mounted it with the hardware that was provided. It was annoying to have to go and purchase decent mounting hardware. Other than that, this product works as advertised.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mount, September 7, 2012
This review is from: Xbox 360 Kinect Wall Mount (Accessory)
Not sure why that ask some weird stuff for the stars but gave it a 5 star anyways. The Mount is really easy to install if you have a drill. It has 3 screws that go into the mount then the wall and from there you just slide the thing that holds the actual Kinect to it on. Really easy to install and for the Kinect to slide in place with out ruining it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Get a level, August 8, 2011
This review is from: Xbox 360 Kinect Wall Mount (Accessory)
There really is no reason to go into elaborate detail, it works like it is supposed to, and mounts the kinect securely to your wall.

I would advise utilizing a level before securing this to the wall.

Good piece of hardware, easy to install, kinect fits on it like a champ!

5.0 out of 5 stars Works awesome..., July 10, 2011
This review is from: Xbox 360 Kinect Wall Mount (Accessory)
I was sick of not having the kinect wall mount just laying on top of a speaker... so I got this and now have the wall mount placed very high above my 55" tv, probably at about 7-8 feet up... this allows me to get really close to the TV when playing games, much closer than when the sensor was lower.

‹ Previous | 1 2 318 | Next ›

Xbox 360 Kinect Wall Mount
Xbox 360 Kinect Wall Mount by PDP (Xbox 360)
$19.99