Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Xbox 360 Chrome Series Limited Edition Wireless Controller - Red
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on March 23, 2013
It happens- my last nifty Limited Edition non-chrome Red 360 controller just 'wore out'. It still technically 'works', but if you've been in a similar situation, you know what I mean.

Enter the Chrome Red 360 controller. I know what you're thinking- 'WILL THIS THING MAKE MY HANDS SWEAT?" Well, as people are different regarding perspiration, I can only speak of my experiences. In my case, I noticed a different, smoother feel, but after about 20 hours of use, I actually prefer the feel of this controller in comparison to the standard 'texturized' controller. The thing never slipped or shot out of my hands due to sweat in the heat of battle.

As far as looks, it's the coolest looking 360 controller I've had- I never really wanted a modded controller and was always nervous about buying one of those colored/chrome style shells, so for Microsoft to go ahead and make a cool chromed version in my favorite color was pretty sweet. Red and shiny with no imperfections, the bottom is black and textured, like a standard 360 controller. The d-pad is also chrome (silver).

The unit comes with a standard AA Battery Pack and 2 Batteries- I certainly recommend either using a play-and-charge kit or using rechargeable batteries. The buttons, sticks, and input for the headset all worked and felt as they should.

My one fault with the product was its price- any 360 controller over $60 should come with a play and charge kit, no matter the color or 'limited edition' status in my opinion.
on December 10, 2012
works just like its suposed to and its a change from the usual xbox controller.. looking forward to getting the blue controller in the chrome collection
on November 28, 2012
I bought this controller for my daughter and she loves it! The only complaint I have is the finish of the controller makes your hands sweat bad after very little play.
on December 26, 2013
This has a different feel to it than some of the Xbox 360 controllers. This one feels slick on top compared to the other controllers. The top is red and the bottom of it is black and the bottom has the feel of the original black controllers. All the buttons and pads work good on it. Two batteries are included with the controller.

When I ordered it I wondered if I was going to end up being disappointed but since I've received it, I'm glad I did order it.

Seems to be put together well and functions as well as any of the other controllers.

If any issues do occur, I will leave an update to this review.
on October 31, 2012
Sorry that took me so long but the controller travel a lot to my hands so im just getting it, so far so good. Its beautiful and the envy of some of my friends, I know that for some its overprice but for my is not cause in my country if you buy one here (white one) its like buying it for 77$ imagine the price for a special edition like this.

Really smooth and the mod work just fine
on November 4, 2013
Awesome Controler, feels Great after long playing times. The Tuneable D pad is also a nice touch, I have played at least 60 hours with this and no problems at all.
on December 15, 2015
The controller looks great and works like a champ. Off-branded controllers just don't have the same feel and reliability. We've beat on this thing for many months and never an issue. I was afraid the texture might give me fits, but I have no issue with it whatsoever.
on November 30, 2012
my son loves the controller its kool and the price was good a perfect Christmas gift thanks a lot .
on March 7, 2016
i love the chrome colors, but these controller do not seem to be as sturdily constructed as their mass earlier 360 peers.

When i get really ticked off at lagg i have a tendency to squeeze and twist the controller in my fists. Unfortunately i fell like i could break this thing by just doing that if i didn't apply some restraint to my anger.

The biggest con to these things is that they squeak! yes! they squeak! On the red one we got it the left trigger squeaks as you pull it, and on the blue one its the left thumbstick.

The squeaking drives me bananas!
on May 30, 2015
I bought this for the transforming d-pad, which is great but I was underwhelmed slightly by it. I watched the press release for these a while back and they described d-pads with two styles, platter like the standard xbox 360 controller and some other name for the other style which only lets you press in four directions requiring explicit presses of two directions for diagonal. I thought "Wow, just what I wanted for steam retro games that I play". Okay. That sounds like a commercial but I did think it was novel. When I actually tried the transforming action I just noticed the d-pad becomes raised away from the disc outer part of the d-pad and thought it was scammy. So when actually trying it, the two different modes offer the standard "platter style" and a modified platter style, there is a tactile difference between them but the other mode doesn't prevent pressing the corner just helps to make it more difficult to accidentally press multiple directions when pressing multiple directions isn't wanted. Small win, the color is amazing and I needed a fourth controller anyway.