Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEM

on November 16, 2008
This headset did not even last a week. I was very disappointed in the quality. It broke in half within the first week of use. The original Xbox 360 headset lasts a lot longer.
on November 4, 2009
I bought 4 of these new on ebay. First one didnt last the first night. Second didnt last 3 days. These things are total garbage. Spend $20 on a new original xbox360 headset and save yourself the head ache.
on August 19, 2009
For some reason, I have gone through 3 of these headsets. They are the cheapest ones out there, and usually don't last more than 2 months or so for me. The only reason I like them is because the mute button is conveniently located at the base of the controller, making it easy to turn your voice on and off with your thumb. The bad part is that this headset is extremely cheap. One of them the wiring came out and stopped working completely, another one the microphone stopped transmitting my voice, but I could still hear people through the headphones. And the one I have now works but randomly. I should probably just get the original xbox 360 headset for $10 more....
on January 10, 2013
Look, I was one of the people that saw the stars and price and went ahead and bought it. BAD IDEA.

This thing is a piece of crap--it didn't work for me at all. (how this has close to 5 stars, I'll never know) I was playing online with a friend and I was breaking up, HE was breaking up, and it even completely muted me for a while. It was WORTH 5 bucks, that's for sure.

PROS: Comfortable, light weight, reversible mic (I have a good ear and a bad ear, so I was very pleased to see that I could change the mic). Plugs RIGHT into the bottom of the controller--no other hidden cords that connect to the tv, Xbox, etc. Nope, not at all. Goes right into the controller and that's it. Also, the buttons are conveniently placed.

CONS: Well, the biggest con of all--it's a piece of junk! Doesn't work.

I really WANTED it to work, of course, because I love the concept. I prefer headsets rather than bluetooth, but I went ahead and bought a bluetooth headset from Gamestop. That one is really nice (expect to pay 40 bucks, though) and you can even use it with your phone. My advice would be to go ahead and buy a GOOD headset, and expect to pay 20 bucks plus. You pay 5 bucks, you GET 5 bucks. We all know that, we just don't wanna realize it.

ALL THAT ASIDE---the sellers have incredible service. I emailed them promptly asking to return it. They emailed me fast, and just gave me a refund. I don't even have to send it back. Great service--if they have a GOOD product to sell (lol!) I'd definitely buy from them again. Don't be fooled, the service is good, the mic came at a reasonable time, but it's a shame that I could make a better mic out of cardboard.

ONE MORE THING: I've learned this lesson over and over and still seem to make the same mistake. By your electronics in stores if you can, electronics as in headsets, ipod converters, etc. Because electronics usually cost some big bucks and they're almost ALWAYS a wildcard (I mean this as in SOMETIMES it will work and SOMETIMES it won't. We know electronics are a pain in the fanny), and you can easily return them. Luckily these sellers didn't give me trouble, but some will--remember that.
on July 14, 2011
OK, with pre-teens and young teens one must expect that fragile electronic accessories will need to be replaced regularly. Thank heavens for these useful headsets! They are cheap and it shows, but I have no reason to get upset when they wind up destroyed. I keep several replacements around for the next breakage "accident" and never regret the choice to go with these over the much more expensive, slightly sturdier variety which would ultimately wind up just as broken! Amazon makes this a no-brainer!
on April 10, 2013
I open the package when it arrived ahead of schedule, to my surprise, I found this head set with composed of so many quality features. Do not let the price full you. This my friends is what we here in America call "a steal". My son love's for his online gaming. I love it because he's happy. Thank you so much!
on January 18, 2014
Works just like a 360 head set should, with no performance issues. Other players are easy to hear through the head set and I have noticed no issues with the mic either. Work great when used on the left ear, but the swiveling mic doesn't rotate all the way to switch ears. the bendable piece can be manuvered to get the mic in a good place, but there is little room between my mouth and the mic, and could feel unusual at times. As long as you are fine with the minor issue this is a perfectly good headset for the money, no frills but you get what you pay for :).
on February 1, 2013
I realize that my 12 yr old can be a little hard on headsets; but 2 sets within 1 month? No way! We think the biggest problem was that the headphone wire would break somewhere within the wire casing, so my son would have to hear his friends through the TV and wear the headset to speak with them. We understand nothing lasts forever, even the cheaper Microsoft headsets for $20 each broke, but they at least lasted around 9-10 months (and my son was a few years younger). If we were purchasing for an older teenager or an adult, we'd go with a higher quality headset costing around $50-100; but since most younger kids tend to be a bit reckless and would probably break a pair of high dollar headsets as quickly as a bargain set....but these are no bargain. We suggest to spend a few more $$ and get a longer lasting product.
on October 20, 2011
this headset had some really bad bad reviews about it braking and things. But i have had it about a month now and it is working perfectly. I have been as careful as possible in handling it and taking care of it and have not once encountered a single problem. So all those other reviews are either full of crap or they didn't take care of it.
on November 28, 2012
I ordered it right before Thanksgiving. It shipped November 22 and got here November 28. It works and looks new and you can't beat the price. I would recommend it to anyone. Now I can hear my teammates when I play Black Ops 2 (:

See 1 answered question