5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value
Comparable to the rechargeable batteries sold by Microsoft.

Fits fine in both the controller and the charging station I have. The battery play time is just about the same as the official Microsoft Rechargeable batteries.

EDIT: APRIL 2011 (1 yr after using product)

This battery still holds a charge as well as my official "Microsoft"...
Published on April 15, 2010 by 8bitPunk

1.0 out of 5 stars Oh no... It happened again!
I had previously purchased an extra battery for myself, it worked properly the first 2-3 charges. I bought this one for my brother and last week he told me he is having the same problem as I did. When trying to charge it it will not start.
Published 18 months ago by JuanKiDíaz

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value, April 15, 2010
8bitPunk (Riverside, Ca USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Xbox 360 Power Pak - Black (Accessory)
Comparable to the rechargeable batteries sold by Microsoft.

EDIT: APRIL 2011 (1 yr after using product)

This battery still holds a charge as well as my official "Microsoft" rechargeable batteries. When I bought this battery, I bought a brand new "Microsoft" battery as well and have been switching back and forth using each one until they die as a test against this unit's capacity. I will never buy another Microsoft battery again when presented with choosing this battery or an "official" one.

In retrospect, the only con about this battery is that it doesn't sit "flush" with the back of the controller. I figure that since the majority of my time spent using this battery involves me looking at a screen, and not the controller, this is so minor as to not affect my future purchasing decisions in a negative way.

EDIT: APRIL 2012 (2 years after using product)

Sadly, my NYKO battery refuses to hold a charge after many hours of providing the much needed sustenance my controller requires in order to carry out my commands via button input.

In reference to my test of this battery's capacity against a "Microsoft Brand", the Microsoft battery still holds a charge (although a very diminished reserve that requires a recharge every 3-5 days when I spend a few hours gaming each day).

When I wrote my original review, Microsoft Batteries were nearly double the price of this 3rd party battery. I hold to my original review that NYKO made an excellent and cost-effective product, but grudgingly acknowledge that the Microsoft brand battery outlived (and essentially outperformed) the NYKO in tests of longevity.

In short, if you can find a good deal on an official battery, go for it. Otherwise you can expect to get your money's worth on a NYKO.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Great If You Know The Trick, January 2, 2011
This review is from: Xbox 360 Power Pak - Black (Accessory)
I bought the white version of this battery awhile back with Nyko's version of the play and charge kit, and it charged and worked just fine for a very long time. But then the battery started to resist a charge, until eventually the light would just turn green and I'd have to play with it plugged in.

But recently I found out that all these kinds of batteries (including Microsoft's) will not want to charge at some point. When this happens you need to plug the play and charge kit in until the light turns green after a few seconds, unplug it, and plug it back in. If you repeat this process usually after a few tries, although it varies and might take more, it will start to charge again. You're forcing the battery to charge a bit at a time, until it builds up enough of a charge to finish charging completely.

So to sum it all up, this battery works very well, you just need to know the trick.

4.0 out of 5 stars Work's just fine for me, April 2, 2011
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Xbox 360 Power Pak - Black (Accessory)
I've read quite a few negative reviews for this battery pack and I honestly don't know how or why people are having a problem with this product. It fits my microsoft brand xbox 360 controller just fine - no tighter or looser than you would expect it to be. Right out of the package, I charged it with my charge & play cord. When it was fully charged I unplugged it, fired up the xbox, and played Battlefield Bad Company 2 for about 4 hours, and it didn't put a dent in the charge of the battery. These battery packs will not last forever, but neither will the microsoft branded ones, as I bought this to replace a Microsoft battery pack. Your probably better off not using it when it's plugged in and it's probably bad to leave them with no charge for an extended period of time. I say, take all reviews with a grain of salt. People seem to overexagerate the bad and good. This is just a battery, it was inexpensive, and it works. If I could do it over, I'd buy it again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works perfectly fine., March 10, 2010
This review is from: Xbox 360 Power Pak - Black (Accessory)
I use this in my Microsoft 360 Quick Charge Kit and it charges fine and holds a full charge. Used Microsoft xbox 360 batteries at Gamestop are $9.99 - I would rather buy a brand new one and know that most of its charging life hasn't been expended. I use this with a white controller, but honestly, who stares at the bottom of their controller? :)

5.0 out of 5 stars simply great., November 16, 2010
This review is from: Xbox 360 Power Pak - Black (Accessory)
The battery works great, may be is psychological but, I believe it last more time than usual. In my first use I didn't charge it enough, so it does not last more than 3 hours of playing time. But when I recharge it, I finish Castelvania LOS and fable 3.
Is great product and I recommen it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent batteries, April 23, 2014
This review is from: Xbox 360 Power Pak - Black (Accessory)
I've owned 3 types of rechargeable battery packs for xbox 360 controllers: the official xbox 360 rechargables, the energizer rechargables, and these Nyko ones. The regular batteries and energizers have both died within a year of getting them, and refuse to recharge. However the Nyko has kept going. The battery life on these things is amazing, they really do last around 15 hours of game time. And they are extremely fast too charge too, it takes maybe an hour(if that) of them sitting on the charging station and they are charged up and ready to go another 15 hrs! Love these things, definitely would recommend.

1.0 out of 5 stars Oh no... It happened again!, January 16, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Works As Advertised., July 18, 2012
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Xbox 360 Power Pak - Black (Accessory)
This battery/power pack is for this: Nyko Charge Base 360 S for Xbox 360 and it works as advertised. The battery pack retains its charge for about a month without use, after that you must place it on the Nyko charge base.

I can get about 18 hours of play time on one charge. I've been using these batteries (I own 4) for about 3 years now. I started with the first generation of Nyko chargers and batteries and will continue to use them as long as I own a console and controllers. I even use one of these for my Microsoft Xbox 360 Wireless Controller for Windows

Note about Nyko, from personal experience, they have an outstanding customer service, I have dealt with them numerous times, since I own chargers and batteries for my Wii, PS3, 3DS, PSMove and of course, the 360. And every time I had an issue or needed assistance with one of their products, I simply call or e-mail and get a response within 24 hours. I am a loyal customer and you will not regret buying this or any other product. (except the Vita speaker cradle, that one sucked)

4.0 out of 5 stars Works great for less, January 5, 2012
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Xbox 360 Power Pak - Black (Accessory)
Popped in and worked fine with my play and charge connector. No fit problems as reported by others. Charge doesn't last as long as I'd hoped, maybe 16-20 hours of use, but at least I can go unplugged for a while. Saved $12-15 going with this product over MS official battery pack.

5.0 out of 5 stars great, February 1, 2011
This review is from: Xbox 360 Power Pak - Black (Accessory)
Glad to have someone who makes these battery packs. My old one died and this is so much better than getting one of those sets with the power cable. I have a bunch of those cables because of those packs. Now I can get these batteries for so much cheaper. Keep up the supply guys because you will have business as long as Microsoft doesn't sell these by themselves. I'm glad that you have provided us with an alternative that works just as good.

Xbox 360 Power Pak - Black
Xbox 360 Power Pak - Black by Nyko (Xbox 360)
$9.99 $6.75