Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS

on April 15, 2010
Comparable to the rechargeable batteries sold by Microsoft.

Fits fine in both the controller and the charging station I have. The battery play time is just about the same as the official Microsoft Rechargeable batteries.

EDIT: APRIL 2011 (1 yr after using product)

This battery still holds a charge as well as my official "Microsoft" rechargeable batteries. When I bought this battery, I bought a brand new "Microsoft" battery as well and have been switching back and forth using each one until they die as a test against this unit's capacity. I will never buy another Microsoft battery again when presented with choosing this battery or an "official" one.

In retrospect, the only con about this battery is that it doesn't sit "flush" with the back of the controller. I figure that since the majority of my time spent using this battery involves me looking at a screen, and not the controller, this is so minor as to not affect my future purchasing decisions in a negative way.

EDIT: APRIL 2012 (2 years after using product)

Sadly, my NYKO battery refuses to hold a charge after many hours of providing the much needed sustenance my controller requires in order to carry out my commands via button input.

In reference to my test of this battery's capacity against a "Microsoft Brand", the Microsoft battery still holds a charge (although a very diminished reserve that requires a recharge every 3-5 days when I spend a few hours gaming each day).

When I wrote my original review, Microsoft Batteries were nearly double the price of this 3rd party battery. I hold to my original review that NYKO made an excellent and cost-effective product, but grudgingly acknowledge that the Microsoft brand battery outlived (and essentially outperformed) the NYKO in tests of longevity.

In short, if you can find a good deal on an official battery, go for it. Otherwise you can expect to get your money's worth on a NYKO.
99 comments|140 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 2, 2011
I bought the white version of this battery awhile back with Nyko's version of the play and charge kit, and it charged and worked just fine for a very long time. But then the battery started to resist a charge, until eventually the light would just turn green and I'd have to play with it plugged in.

But recently I found out that all these kinds of batteries (including Microsoft's) will not want to charge at some point. When this happens you need to plug the play and charge kit in until the light turns green after a few seconds, unplug it, and plug it back in. If you repeat this process usually after a few tries, although it varies and might take more, it will start to charge again. You're forcing the battery to charge a bit at a time, until it builds up enough of a charge to finish charging completely.

So to sum it all up, this battery works very well, you just need to know the trick.
1414 comments|62 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 2, 2011
I've read quite a few negative reviews for this battery pack and I honestly don't know how or why people are having a problem with this product. It fits my microsoft brand xbox 360 controller just fine - no tighter or looser than you would expect it to be. Right out of the package, I charged it with my charge & play cord. When it was fully charged I unplugged it, fired up the xbox, and played Battlefield Bad Company 2 for about 4 hours, and it didn't put a dent in the charge of the battery. These battery packs will not last forever, but neither will the microsoft branded ones, as I bought this to replace a Microsoft battery pack. Your probably better off not using it when it's plugged in and it's probably bad to leave them with no charge for an extended period of time. I say, take all reviews with a grain of salt. People seem to overexagerate the bad and good. This is just a battery, it was inexpensive, and it works. If I could do it over, I'd buy it again.
on July 18, 2012
This battery/power pack is for this: Nyko Charge Base 360 S for Xbox 360 and it works as advertised. The battery pack retains its charge for about a month without use, after that you must place it on the Nyko charge base.

I can get about 18 hours of play time on one charge. I've been using these batteries (I own 4) for about 3 years now. I started with the first generation of Nyko chargers and batteries and will continue to use them as long as I own a console and controllers. I even use one of these for my Microsoft Xbox 360 Wireless Controller for Windows

Note about Nyko, from personal experience, they have an outstanding customer service, I have dealt with them numerous times, since I own chargers and batteries for my Wii, PS3, 3DS, PSMove and of course, the 360. And every time I had an issue or needed assistance with one of their products, I simply call or e-mail and get a response within 24 hours. I am a loyal customer and you will not regret buying this or any other product. (except the Vita speaker cradle, that one sucked)
on February 22, 2016
They fit official Xbox 360 controllers with no issue, but they aren't very friendly with the quick charge station (the one that holds 2 batteries). To even get them to start charging, I had to pop in an official battery on one side then it would pick up this battery. Then it took popping the other battery in and out a bunch of times for it to start charging.

I thought maybe it was an issue with my charger, so I used my other one, same issue. I guess for $8 it's hard to complain too much.
on August 5, 2011
This battery is as good as the official Microsoft Xbox 360 rechargeable one. It holds a charge as good, if not better, than stock.

It does not look the same as stock, but it does not look bad. I think it is kind of appealing to change up the style of the controller a little.

I have not used it with the Nyko charger, like it is designed for, but I have used it with a play and charge kit as well as with the Energizer Power and Play charging station. It works great with both of those!

I recommend this battery because of the quality and low price compared to an official Microsoft Xbox 360 rechargeable battery.
review image
on October 24, 2015
Garbage, falsely shines the green light indicating a full charge at random, but it's impossible that it can charge in 15 minutes.
Plug it in, the bars are never full, and QUICKLY die down easily within an hour or two.
You really pay for what you get, it's not worth it.
Do yourself a favor and get the official Microsoft product, I've had one for a year now with the other controller and it's still strong.
Quick edit, one week later. It can't even hold a charge sitting dormant for a day, changed from 2 stars to 1, into the garbage it goes.
on September 3, 2015
Bought this nearly two years ago and it has held up quite nicely. Right out of the box, it performed just as well as an Xbox 360 OEM battery, if not better. Today, it's still doing well and hasn't fallen off much in the amount of charge it can hold. Granted, we purchased an Xbox One last year, so the Xbox 360 controllers aren't used as often. Still, it's a great value for the price, even if normal use would have had me wanting to replace it by now.
on August 13, 2015
These battery packs last for hours on a single charge and when combined with a charging dock, are the best replacement for regular batteries. You make up for the price of constantly buying batteries within a week of hardcore gaming. And they last. We've had 3 of these for at least a year and not one of them has had any issues of losing charge or failing.
on March 26, 2016
The very best solution for keeping your gaming controllers charged and ready for play. When not in use, they have their own place to rest and charge, so easy to locate. Batteries work well, and provide hours and hours of wireless gaming.