Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Train egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Luxury Beauty Gifts Under $50 Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer bf15 bf15 bf15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $15 Off All-New Fire Kindle Black Friday Deals BestoftheYear Outdoor Deals on DOTD

on April 15, 2010
Comparable to the rechargeable batteries sold by Microsoft.

Fits fine in both the controller and the charging station I have. The battery play time is just about the same as the official Microsoft Rechargeable batteries.

EDIT: APRIL 2011 (1 yr after using product)

This battery still holds a charge as well as my official "Microsoft" rechargeable batteries. When I bought this battery, I bought a brand new "Microsoft" battery as well and have been switching back and forth using each one until they die as a test against this unit's capacity. I will never buy another Microsoft battery again when presented with choosing this battery or an "official" one.

In retrospect, the only con about this battery is that it doesn't sit "flush" with the back of the controller. I figure that since the majority of my time spent using this battery involves me looking at a screen, and not the controller, this is so minor as to not affect my future purchasing decisions in a negative way.

EDIT: APRIL 2012 (2 years after using product)

Sadly, my NYKO battery refuses to hold a charge after many hours of providing the much needed sustenance my controller requires in order to carry out my commands via button input.

In reference to my test of this battery's capacity against a "Microsoft Brand", the Microsoft battery still holds a charge (although a very diminished reserve that requires a recharge every 3-5 days when I spend a few hours gaming each day).

When I wrote my original review, Microsoft Batteries were nearly double the price of this 3rd party battery. I hold to my original review that NYKO made an excellent and cost-effective product, but grudgingly acknowledge that the Microsoft brand battery outlived (and essentially outperformed) the NYKO in tests of longevity.

In short, if you can find a good deal on an official battery, go for it. Otherwise you can expect to get your money's worth on a NYKO.
88 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 2, 2011
I bought the white version of this battery awhile back with Nyko's version of the play and charge kit, and it charged and worked just fine for a very long time. But then the battery started to resist a charge, until eventually the light would just turn green and I'd have to play with it plugged in.

But recently I found out that all these kinds of batteries (including Microsoft's) will not want to charge at some point. When this happens you need to plug the play and charge kit in until the light turns green after a few seconds, unplug it, and plug it back in. If you repeat this process usually after a few tries, although it varies and might take more, it will start to charge again. You're forcing the battery to charge a bit at a time, until it builds up enough of a charge to finish charging completely.

So to sum it all up, this battery works very well, you just need to know the trick.
1313 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 2, 2011
I've read quite a few negative reviews for this battery pack and I honestly don't know how or why people are having a problem with this product. It fits my microsoft brand xbox 360 controller just fine - no tighter or looser than you would expect it to be. Right out of the package, I charged it with my charge & play cord. When it was fully charged I unplugged it, fired up the xbox, and played Battlefield Bad Company 2 for about 4 hours, and it didn't put a dent in the charge of the battery. These battery packs will not last forever, but neither will the microsoft branded ones, as I bought this to replace a Microsoft battery pack. Your probably better off not using it when it's plugged in and it's probably bad to leave them with no charge for an extended period of time. I say, take all reviews with a grain of salt. People seem to overexagerate the bad and good. This is just a battery, it was inexpensive, and it works. If I could do it over, I'd buy it again.
on March 10, 2010
I use this in my Microsoft 360 Quick Charge Kit and it charges fine and holds a full charge. Used Microsoft xbox 360 batteries at Gamestop are $9.99 - I would rather buy a brand new one and know that most of its charging life hasn't been expended. I use this with a white controller, but honestly, who stares at the bottom of their controller? :)
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 13, 2012
I received these batteries the other day. The dealer says NEW & FACTORY SEALED! They are not. Anytime I have personally bought these from a store, they each come in a box or if you buy a dual charger that comes with 2 Nyko batteries they come in a box as well.

I ordered 4 of them.

1. They came in 1 cheapy plastic package from USPS.

2. When I opened it, all 4 batteries were not individually wrapped but packed all as one in a skimpy amount of bubble wrap.

3. It says Black for the batteries. However 2 of them were dark charcoal gray. The other 2 were slightly 2 different shades of black. It made me wonder if they were actually refurbished but yet the description says new.

4, His shipping rates for each battery is outrageously priced for shipping them all in one flimsy package without an even fragile tab on the package which tells me he is making a serious profit.

1. When I received these batteries, I found that they fit nice and tight into the back of the controllers. I will admit they should be slightly smaller to easily fit better into the controllers but at least I know the batteries are securely interlocked into the controller and wont move about in them. My other stock Microsoft batteries do have some slight movement in the back of these controllers.

2. When I received the batteries I checked all of them on my Xbox and it showed per one 3 bars which is nice in case you wanted to play right away.

3.I bought a pyramid charger that charges 4 at a time from Amazon and when I plugged in all 4 controllers, all 4 batteries immediately started taking a full charge. At least this shows none of them came faulty.

4, The batteries when I took them out of the battery wrap did have a protective label across the front of the battery to keep the contacts from getting disrupted,scratched, or damaged.

5. With Nyko Batteries you can easily charge them through the controllers when you hook them up on a charging station that comes default with XBOX. You can also charge these batteries on a dual charging station or in my case my pyramid charging station which holds the 4 controllers I mentioned earlier that I bought here from Amazon. Very universal battery paks!

5. The shipping was very fast though and was great about that! :P

Will find out over time if they last as long as my other rechargeable packs.

There are picks of this up on the site for this product including the type of packaging.

Also this needs to be removed from the game section when I am asked how I rate the game on the reviews! LOL
review image
on November 16, 2010
The battery works great, may be is psychological but, I believe it last more time than usual. In my first use I didn't charge it enough, so it does not last more than 3 hours of playing time. But when I recharge it, I finish Castelvania LOS and fable 3.
Is great product and I recommen it.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
This battery/power pack is for this: Nyko Charge Base 360 S for Xbox 360 and it works as advertised. The battery pack retains its charge for about a month without use, after that you must place it on the Nyko charge base.

I can get about 18 hours of play time on one charge. I've been using these batteries (I own 4) for about 3 years now. I started with the first generation of Nyko chargers and batteries and will continue to use them as long as I own a console and controllers. I even use one of these for my Microsoft Xbox 360 Wireless Controller for Windows

Note about Nyko, from personal experience, they have an outstanding customer service, I have dealt with them numerous times, since I own chargers and batteries for my Wii, PS3, 3DS, PSMove and of course, the 360. And every time I had an issue or needed assistance with one of their products, I simply call or e-mail and get a response within 24 hours. I am a loyal customer and you will not regret buying this or any other product. (except the Vita speaker cradle, that one sucked)
on January 10, 2012
I was introduced to these batteries by a Gamestop employee. At the time, two of these battery packs were around $7. I had heard of Nyko before, but I did not have an opinion about their products. These battery packs were a little snug for my controllers, but they fit.

After about 4 months of using these battery packs I noticed small cracks around the base of my controller's battery slot (and my 2 Halo Reach controller no less!). I originally thought that these cracks were places missing paint or some other defect. Later, however, I started to notice that the cracks were spreading and growing larger! I checked all of the other wireless controllers that I own (around 7 or 8 others) and noticed that they did not have the same cracks around the base. The Nyko battery pack was the culprit. The extra tight fit of these battery packs caused these horrible cracks.

Luckily I noticed the cracks before they were allowed to progress to the point that the entire bottom of the battery port broke free from the controller. If the packs were ~2mm smaller, they would have been perfect. Beware of these "cheaper" battery packs - the cost of producing a cheaper product in this case is reduced quality control!
review image
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 23, 2014
I've owned 3 types of rechargeable battery packs for xbox 360 controllers: the official xbox 360 rechargables, the energizer rechargables, and these Nyko ones. The regular batteries and energizers have both died within a year of getting them, and refuse to recharge. However the Nyko has kept going. The battery life on these things is amazing, they really do last around 15 hours of game time. And they are extremely fast too charge too, it takes maybe an hour(if that) of them sitting on the charging station and they are charged up and ready to go another 15 hrs! Love these things, definitely would recommend.
on February 1, 2011
Glad to have someone who makes these battery packs. My old one died and this is so much better than getting one of those sets with the power cable. I have a bunch of those cables because of those packs. Now I can get these batteries for so much cheaper. Keep up the supply guys because you will have business as long as Microsoft doesn't sell these by themselves. I'm glad that you have provided us with an alternative that works just as good.