Xbox 360 Power Pak - Black
Price:$9.70 + Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on April 15, 2010
Verified Purchase
Comparable to the rechargeable batteries sold by Microsoft.

Fits fine in both the controller and the charging station I have. The battery play time is just about the same as the official Microsoft Rechargeable batteries.

EDIT: APRIL 2011 (1 yr after using product)

This battery still holds a charge as well as my official "Microsoft" rechargeable batteries. When I bought this battery, I bought a brand new "Microsoft" battery as well and have been switching back and forth using each one until they die as a test against this unit's capacity. I will never buy another Microsoft battery again when presented with choosing this battery or an "official" one.

In retrospect, the only con about this battery is that it doesn't sit "flush" with the back of the controller. I figure that since the majority of my time spent using this battery involves me looking at a screen, and not the controller, this is so minor as to not affect my future purchasing decisions in a negative way.

EDIT: APRIL 2012 (2 years after using product)

Sadly, my NYKO battery refuses to hold a charge after many hours of providing the much needed sustenance my controller requires in order to carry out my commands via button input.

In reference to my test of this battery's capacity against a "Microsoft Brand", the Microsoft battery still holds a charge (although a very diminished reserve that requires a recharge every 3-5 days when I spend a few hours gaming each day).

When I wrote my original review, Microsoft Batteries were nearly double the price of this 3rd party battery. I hold to my original review that NYKO made an excellent and cost-effective product, but grudgingly acknowledge that the Microsoft brand battery outlived (and essentially outperformed) the NYKO in tests of longevity.

In short, if you can find a good deal on an official battery, go for it. Otherwise you can expect to get your money's worth on a NYKO.
88 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on January 3, 2011
I bought the white version of this battery awhile back with Nyko's version of the play and charge kit, and it charged and worked just fine for a very long time. But then the battery started to resist a charge, until eventually the light would just turn green and I'd have to play with it plugged in.

But recently I found out that all these kinds of batteries (including Microsoft's) will not want to charge at some point. When this happens you need to plug the play and charge kit in until the light turns green after a few seconds, unplug it, and plug it back in. If you repeat this process usually after a few tries, although it varies and might take more, it will start to charge again. You're forcing the battery to charge a bit at a time, until it builds up enough of a charge to finish charging completely.

So to sum it all up, this battery works very well, you just need to know the trick.
1212 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on April 2, 2011
Verified Purchase
I've read quite a few negative reviews for this battery pack and I honestly don't know how or why people are having a problem with this product. It fits my microsoft brand xbox 360 controller just fine - no tighter or looser than you would expect it to be. Right out of the package, I charged it with my charge & play cord. When it was fully charged I unplugged it, fired up the xbox, and played Battlefield Bad Company 2 for about 4 hours, and it didn't put a dent in the charge of the battery. These battery packs will not last forever, but neither will the microsoft branded ones, as I bought this to replace a Microsoft battery pack. Your probably better off not using it when it's plugged in and it's probably bad to leave them with no charge for an extended period of time. I say, take all reviews with a grain of salt. People seem to overexagerate the bad and good. This is just a battery, it was inexpensive, and it works. If I could do it over, I'd buy it again.
on March 10, 2010
Verified Purchase
I use this in my Microsoft 360 Quick Charge Kit and it charges fine and holds a full charge. Used Microsoft xbox 360 batteries at Gamestop are $9.99 - I would rather buy a brand new one and know that most of its charging life hasn't been expended. I use this with a white controller, but honestly, who stares at the bottom of their controller? :)
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on April 13, 2012
Verified Purchase
I received these batteries the other day. The dealer says NEW & FACTORY SEALED! They are not. Anytime I have personally bought these from a store, they each come in a box or if you buy a dual charger that comes with 2 Nyko batteries they come in a box as well.

Negatives:

I ordered 4 of them.

1. They came in 1 cheapy plastic package from USPS.

2. When I opened it, all 4 batteries were not individually wrapped but packed all as one in a skimpy amount of bubble wrap.

3. It says Black for the batteries. However 2 of them were dark charcoal gray. The other 2 were slightly 2 different shades of black. It made me wonder if they were actually refurbished but yet the description says new.

4, His shipping rates for each battery is outrageously priced for shipping them all in one flimsy package without an even fragile tab on the package which tells me he is making a serious profit.

Positives:

1. When I received these batteries, I found that they fit nice and tight into the back of the controllers. I will admit they should be slightly smaller to easily fit better into the controllers but at least I know the batteries are securely interlocked into the controller and wont move about in them. My other stock Microsoft batteries do have some slight movement in the back of these controllers.

2. When I received the batteries I checked all of them on my Xbox and it showed per one 3 bars which is nice in case you wanted to play right away.

3.I bought a pyramid charger that charges 4 at a time from Amazon and when I plugged in all 4 controllers, all 4 batteries immediately started taking a full charge. At least this shows none of them came faulty.

4, The batteries when I took them out of the battery wrap did have a protective label across the front of the battery to keep the contacts from getting disrupted,scratched, or damaged.

5. With Nyko Batteries you can easily charge them through the controllers when you hook them up on a charging station that comes default with XBOX. You can also charge these batteries on a dual charging station or in my case my pyramid charging station which holds the 4 controllers I mentioned earlier that I bought here from Amazon. Very universal battery paks!

5. The shipping was very fast though and was great about that! :P

Will find out over time if they last as long as my other rechargeable packs.

There are picks of this up on the site for this product including the type of packaging.

Also this needs to be removed from the game section when I am asked how I rate the game on the reviews! LOL
review image
on November 16, 2010
The battery works great, may be is psychological but, I believe it last more time than usual. In my first use I didn't charge it enough, so it does not last more than 3 hours of playing time. But when I recharge it, I finish Castelvania LOS and fable 3.
Is great product and I recommen it.
on February 1, 2011
Verified Purchase
Glad to have someone who makes these battery packs. My old one died and this is so much better than getting one of those sets with the power cable. I have a bunch of those cables because of those packs. Now I can get these batteries for so much cheaper. Keep up the supply guys because you will have business as long as Microsoft doesn't sell these by themselves. I'm glad that you have provided us with an alternative that works just as good.
on January 15, 2015
Verified Purchase
I bought 3 of these batteries to replace my faulty Microsoft batteries. I've been using them for about 2 months now without issue. They charge just fine in my Microsoft rapid charger. They are considerably less than the cost of the Microsoft brand. You can buy a few of these for what Microsoft wants. They are quite a bit lighter than the Microsoft batteries.

Nonetheless, I'll probably buy these again when mine wear out.
on March 7, 2014
Verified Purchase
I have purchased Nyko products in the past and know that they are generally third-party garbage, but I still decided to take a chance on this rechargeable pack. It is awful. It barely provides 2 hours of gameplay on a full charge. i would return it and file a claim with Amazon but the thing was so cheap that it is not even worth it. Suck it up and shell out the money for an actual Microsoft product.
on April 23, 2014
Verified Purchase
I've owned 3 types of rechargeable battery packs for xbox 360 controllers: the official xbox 360 rechargables, the energizer rechargables, and these Nyko ones. The regular batteries and energizers have both died within a year of getting them, and refuse to recharge. However the Nyko has kept going. The battery life on these things is amazing, they really do last around 15 hours of game time. And they are extremely fast too charge too, it takes maybe an hour(if that) of them sitting on the charging station and they are charged up and ready to go another 15 hrs! Love these things, definitely would recommend.