5.0 out of 5 stars If you buy this from Amazon you won't be sorry.
*NOTE AGAIN THAT THIS WAS PURCHASED FROM AMAZON, NOT ANOTHER SELLER*

A checklist that should tell you exactly why you want this.

Published on March 16, 2010 by Connor Jones

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY FROM THIS SELLER
Published on July 17, 2011 by h1o2o3d4

5.0 out of 5 stars If you buy this from Amazon you won't be sorry., March 16, 2010
*NOTE AGAIN THAT THIS WAS PURCHASED FROM AMAZON, NOT ANOTHER SELLER*

A checklist that should tell you exactly why you want this.

-This is a Microsoft refurbished console. That means it will be in 360 packaging with resealed cords, controllers, and headset (I'm tempted to say that my headset was brand new, and maybe even my cords, but I don't want to claim that without knowing. Regardless. There is something nice about not opening a clamshell sealed 360 that smells like lung cancer.) The condition is pristine. NO dirt or smudges. One sticker on the bottom that says refurbished. Mine left a bit of sticky when I took it off. Nail polish remover will get it off without pain if you are worried about that.

-It will come with the new power-brick that is vented, it also has the new Jasper chip. This means: Even though you are getting a refurbished console, it is technically more sound than a brand new 20 gig from Microsoft's original batches. Rest easy my friend. This console was not made to break. It's like it got a tune up. These two features paired together will fight overheating and RED RING OF DEATH.

-It does have HD

-Mine came with 2 controllers, which at the time wasn't advertised (so it was a nice surprise). Cross your fingers about that if it's not openly included.

-If you don't already know, because it has a hard drive you will be able to connect to Xboxlive out of the box, though for online play I would recommend buying a 12 month live subscription. You can easily find them online for 35ish dollars. If you pay more you didn't look hard enough. :)

Hope this helps in your decision.

As for my console it runs like a charm, for long periods (when I say this I mean as I waste my whole day away) without any heat at all- and I can really tell the difference because I had a 60gig a few years back- the difference is black and white as far as heat output. I took it on a road-trip (to update it back home) for over 30 hours in total in a backpack that I threw around (gingerly) as I used the bag day to day. Came back home and it was still fine. DO IT. DO IT. DO IT NOW.

Happy Buying

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Product, reliable, February 16, 2010
M. Levesque (Rhode Island, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Xbox 360 Pro 20 GB (Video Game)
I bought this refurbished item just over a year ago, and it is still working perfectly. I have since begun to use it more and more, and it has not given me any problems or issues whatsoever. I would reccomend the refurbished product to anyone trying to get into an xbox and not needing more than a 20g harddrive. If you feel that you would need more storage space, the amount of memory would be the only thing holding someone back from being on this system 24/7. The item came with everything listed, reliable purchase, I'm very glad with my purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great xbox 360 value!, April 6, 2010
This review is from: Xbox 360 Pro 20 GB (Video Game)
I purchased this setup from amazon, not a third party seller. Let me start by saying that this is a refurbished console by MICROSOFT, meaning that it comes with a one year warranty similar to buying a brand new system. When I got my package (with standard shipping it took 2 days!!) in the mail, everything was packaged very very nicely like I was buying a BRAND NEW system. The console itself looks brand new, NO SCRATCHES, NOTHING like that, it doesn't smell like cigarettes, and it works GREAT!!!! And YES it is a Jasper chipset, And YES it comes with HDMI port on the back. It comes with 2 BRAND NEW wireless controllers (they are NOT refurbished), 4 duracell batteries, HD component cables(NEW not refurbished), The new and improved power brick (brand new), and a brand new xbox live wired headset. The only things that came with this refurbished bundle that aren't brand new would be the console, and the 20 GB hard drive. Both of these things have stickers on them that read "refurbished". But seriously you can't even tell they aren't brand new! And you can tell everything else is brand new by the way it looks, and the stickers on the controllers etc. Seriously though, you won't be sorry that you bought this package! I will admit, at first I wasn't too thrilled with buying electronics that have been refurbished, as I would NEVER buy a gamestop refurbished unit! But this has been refurbished by MICROSOFT, so you know it has been repaired by the best, and in the process, they install the new jasper chip, which if you don't already know, makes the CPU run quieter and cooler, and supposedly prevents the dreaded red ring of death issue. Also you can see in the pictures that the console is an old pro unit by the chrome disk tray, but my console that came was an old arcade unit, because it has the all white disc tray..... But wrapping this up, im EXTREMELY happy with my purchase, It is such a better choice to get this rather than a brand new arcade system which is the same price, and I was EXTREMELY satisfied with amazon.com!!! I ordered this bundle, as well as NBA 2K10 on a Saturday night, and it shipped out on Monday morning, and it literally got to my house Tuesday early afternoon!!! If your thinking about getting this, DO IT YOU WON'T BE DISAPPOINTED!!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY FROM THIS SELLER, July 17, 2011
This review is from: Xbox 360 Pro 20 GB (Video Game)
First off, i would like to start off by saying that i ordered this item on June 6, 2011. I got this item on June 9, 2011. When i came home and opened the box, there was no controller when the description said that it came with a wireless controller. When i contacted this seller, he tried to scam me by saying that he stated that controllers were 25$ each. WHAT A LIE. Then after i told him that i had read over everything and that it didn't say anything about what he said, he decides that he doesn't want to reply back. So anyway, when i plugged up the xbox, it was working fine until 3 minutes later the power button started flashing red. I called up to gamestop and asked them why the button was flashing red, and the guy that worked there said that it was NO GOOD!!!! He said that this xbox is an older model and that they dont make these anymore. THAT REALLY GOT ME FIRED UP. So i emailed the guy back and said " since you are not replying back, all i need to know from you is how do i get my money back?" Then he emailed me back and said to just send the xbox back and he will refund my money. The next day we went to go send the xbox back. About a week later we went to go check the mail and my money was not there. When i emailed him and asked how come my money was not there, he said he will send my money back when he gets the xbox 360, when clearly he told me in a email that he had just sent out my and i should get it by saturday. And i emailed him that part, he gonna say that he thought that i was somebody else. So that clearly states that other people have a problem with this seller. But long story short, i am waiting on my money to come back and yes i did call amazon, and they said they were going to investigate the situation and that i should have my money in about a week. I really do hope that this information helps.

1.0 out of 5 stars It would be a 5 star if it worked better!, January 15, 2012
This review is from: Xbox 360 Pro 20 GB (Video Game)
I purchased 5 of these systems new from various locations. They were for my grandsons and one for our home for use when they visited to play on. Within the first 15 months all five of them failed with the red ring of death. Microsoft extended the warranty and took them back for repair but sent me back someone else's Xbox that was refurbished. It also took about a month to send one in and get it back.

I basically sent in units in good physical shape and no scratches or damage and got back someone else's refurbished and damaged units. They all failed to within a short period of time! Being an engineer I took them apart and fixed them as they were now out of warranty. It took about an hour per unit to fix them and I got pretty good at it.

The problem is that the cooling design is extremely weak and poorly designed. I had to clean out the heat radiator and fans/fan housing and remove the heat sink from the CPU and GPU. I installed new spacers and improved the flow of cool air in the game case. I remounted the heat sinks using a new thermal interface material (a good one) and the units worked fine after that. I just don't understand how Microsoft can get away with selling junk like this. How many people have invested a small fortune in the game console and games to have the console fail and disappoint their family.

I still have two of the units working perfectly after many years but my disappointment in the product design and in Microsoft is very high!

5.0 out of 5 stars A good bet, August 8, 2010
This review is from: Xbox 360 Pro 20 GB (Video Game)
I've recently purchased this as a cheap entry into XBOX. I was hoping to get a Jasper chip, but I did not (I got a refurbished Falcon). However, I had no problem whatsoever with overheating: after a long demanding gaming session the console feels just warm and seems to be clearing hot air ok. We'll see.
The DVD reader though is NOISY! But since this unit comes with a hard drive, you can just dump your game in and play there.
This refurb console seems to be dropping in price fast, since the launch of the slim X360 and Kinectic, so it is a bargain. It also comes with HDMI port and TWO wireless controllers, off the box. Great for having a brother or friend over!
All peripherals seem new, and the console itself looks and feels new, no smudges, no scratches at all. All in all, a great console that, for the time being, is giving me no problems

1.0 out of 5 stars This X-box has already Red Ringed...less than one month after purchase, October 21, 2010
This review is from: Xbox 360 Pro 20 GB (Video Game)
When This product came it worked great...till last week...then it was red ring...I am not a happy person

1.0 out of 5 stars false advertisement, May 29, 2010
This review is from: Xbox 360 Pro 20 GB (Video Game)
this system was so messed up that it could not be fixed.but thank u amazon for the fast refund and for all the buyers do not buy from third party sellers on amazon. just buy directly from amazon. from now on no more used products from third party sellers only buying brand new it might be costly but well worth it in the long run...

1.0 out of 5 stars Refubished xbox 360, September 30, 2010
This review is from: Xbox 360 Pro 20 GB (Video Game)
This Xbox starting freezing the first week I started using it. I would not recommend purchasing it to anyone.

1.0 out of 5 stars Fake, October 26, 2010
This review is from: Xbox 360 Pro 20 GB (Video Game)
Refurbished. After some use it had the famous three lights error code(burned). No warranties on the product, no way to repair it!

Xbox 360 Pro 20 GB
Xbox 360 Pro 20 GB by Microsoft (Xbox 360)
Used & New from: $38.95