Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Xbox 360 Rechargeable Controller Battery Pack White
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Color: White|Change

on November 9, 2010
DO NOT BUY THESE. These are old stock and the batteries are completely dead and will not hold a charge. The only reason they have so many good reviews is because they date back to 2006 when they were actually new stock. Batteries cannot last 4 years without being charged/discharged. Repeat do not buy!
1010 comments| 261 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 2, 2010
Bought two of the blue ones. Unboxed 'em, and didn't have a chance to use them. Threw out the packaging.

Then tried them. They don't hold any charge; the controller immediately powers off as soon as it's unplugged.

They're worse than no battery at all, mainly since I paid for these, and could have saved the money. What the hell?
33 comments| 132 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 5, 2010
I ordered a blue battery and it was totally defective. I got a replacement from amazon and the replacement was defective too!!!
Then I ordered another replacement and guess what happened?

Amazon told me that all of the blue batteries are broken and they will give me a refund instead of a third replacement!!! I don't know why they sell them if they are all the same.?! To keep hold on some money for a while?
11 comment| 103 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 3, 2010
I ordered the blue pack despite reading the bad reviews ... big mistake. They do not hold the charge, as soon as you unplug it from the charge wire, the controller shuts off.....DO NOT BUY!
on May 25, 2010
I bought this so I could cut down on wasting batteries. However, to my dismay it does not work. I plugged it in with my charger cable and it says it's fully charged. If I unplug it, my controller shuts off. It can't hold any charge at all. I read some other reviews and saw that multiple people had the same problem. I would say it's best to just avoid this product.
on June 27, 2010
got the blue battery pack, and as listed above...IT DOES NOT HOLD CHARGE...once you unplug it from the charge wire, the controller shuts off.....DON NOT BUY, I REPEAT DO NOT BUY
on February 15, 2011
For some reason I didn't read the reviews before purchasing this item, I will never make that mistake again. These are new old stock and because they are so old they no longer work. I plugged mine in for 8 hours immediately after receiving it and left it untouched that entire time. As soon as I removed the Play and Charge cable the controller went completely dead. This battery won't even hold a 1 second charge. Complete waste of money.
on November 21, 2011
I thought I was smarter than everyone else. I read one of the reviews that said if you attempt to recharge the battery multiple times, the battery will eventually begin recharging. I put this in my controller and tried to recharge it. Red light never went on. I pulled out the charging cord and put it back in. Nothing. I retried this 20 or 30 times and it never worked. These batteries are dead.
on January 5, 2011
Amazon and/or Microsoft are knowingly and willingly selling defective products. There is no other reason for the price difference between blue/pink batteries and white/black batteries. Many people have complained about the blue/pink battery packs not working properly and Amazon is continuing to lower the price to get rid of them. DO NOT BE A SUCKER!!!! I bought three of these and none will charge using two different play and charge kits, four different wireless controllers, and two different consoles.
on April 2, 2011
After reading some of the recent reviews I was a little worried, but because I had already purchased a blue battery pack that worked fine a year ago I decided to give it another shot. The problem that I think people are having is that they don't know how to charge it properly. The battery, after not having charge for so long, needs to be put on and taken off the charger multiple time for the initial charge. The first time you put it on the light will turn green very soon if not immediately. You then have disconnect and reconnect the battery, and you continue to do this until the light stays red. Once it stays red then it's charging the battery. I was very happy that the new battery worked just as well as the one I bought a year ago with a little charge tweaking (I have charged it once and used the battery for ~10 hours thus far and it still has 3/4 on the battery indicator).

11-27-11 This review is probably no longer valid seeing as the batteries they're selling have now been sitting in the package for another year without being used/charged. As someone commented, this may not be a worthwhile product to buy anymore.
99 comments| 35 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse

See 1 answered question