Most helpful positive review
169 of 177 people found the following review helpful
A review to clear up some details...
on June 7, 2006
I put a great deal of interest in my purchases. With a lot of extra down-time at work and an internet connection, I find myself reviewing EVERYTHING before I buy it. And only after I am very impressed and convinced by many positive reviews will I take out my credit card. But this product, the Microsoft XBOX360 Media Remote, was one exception having read many bad reviews and deciding to purchase it anyway. Let me tell you...
This remote is PERFECT if...
1. You would like one, easy-to-use remote to control both basic TV and an Xbox 360 that doubles as your DVD player.
2. The only buttons you would need for the TV are: Channels, Volume (TV speaker/output control only), Numerical channel input, Muting, *INTPUT SELECTION* (yes, it CAN switch between your TV's inputs), Return (to toggle between 2 TV channels), and Power.
3. You do not need specialized/advanced buttons found on a OEM remote or advanced learning remote for the TV.
4. You do not need to control a A/V receiver, DVD player (other than XBOX 360), or a digital cable box (Tivo, DVR, etc.)
5. You are on a budget but would still like a quality remote.
If you can say yes to all or most, then don't hesitate to grab one of these remotes. You will be completely satisfied. Especially with immediate access to the tactile DVD buttons versus the 360's annoying on-screen DVD navigation. For this feature it is almost worth the $30 alone.
I also own a Logitech Harmony 880 for the living room which I highly recommend for anyone not fitting into the catagory mentioned above.