Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Edition: VGA HD AV Cable|Change

on March 9, 2012
I don't have room for a TV; but I do have 2 23" monitors. I received a 360 for Christmas, and ordered a 360 VGA cable off of eBay. The quality was terrible; horrible ghosting, noise, and artifacts. The cable wasn't shielded and the sound suffered accordingly. I decided that if I wanted quality I'd have to bite the bullet and by a real cable. Now I play on my Xbox in full 1080p. Worth the money.
on December 1, 2012
Although it is hard to tell from the picture, this is the official Microsoft Xbox 360 VGA HD AV Cable. You want this if you want to output to a PC monitor. Your monitor must support VGA input, so look on the back (it probably does).

I have tried the cheap knockoff cable and it didn't work, so you WILL want the official cable.

PLEASE NOTE: The VGA part goes to your monitor and gets you picture, but you will most likely need an RCA-to-Stereo adapter in order to get sound. Use this adapter (for the white and red plugs) to plug into your speakers. You can buy these cheaply online or at RadioShack. I got mine at RadioShack and it's called the "Y-adapter" with the following description: 1/8" (3.5mm) stereo male to dual RCA female.

With the setup I just described everything worked perfectly.
on June 2, 2016
This cable works perfectly for attaching my XBOX 360 to an old computer monitor. There are also some off brand cables available that do the same thing but I figured it was worth a couple of extra dollars to get the one actually designed for this purpose by Microsoft. I couldn't be happier with this cable. It has allowed me to repurpose an old computer monitor for my kids room so that I could move the Xbox in there and they could still get some use out of it. Now it no longer monopolizes our living room TV whenever the kids want to play Skylanders or Minecraft. I only wish I had realized that such a thing even existed all this time, because honestly I just stumbled across this by accident. I would have bought it a long time ago if I had known about it. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this product to anyone in a similar situation.
on September 20, 2012
This cable allows me to use my computer monitor with my Xbox. There are absolutely no image issues like with cheaper versions of this. Also, it comes with an adapter for the audio (component to 3.5mm stereo) which came in handy for me. It's worth the extra money.
on May 18, 2012
Bought nearly a dozen of these so students could have a game tournament using classroom projectors. No complaints, works great.
on January 21, 2016
I wanted to hook my Xbox 360 into my HP vs17 monitor. It took a bit a research to figure out IF it was possible. With this cable, it IS possible...and EASY! Just unplug the cable that came with the game system, and plug this one in, attach it to the monitor and turn it on. Some sources say you might have to change the settings to get a good picture. I was lucky, I guess, perfect picture and sound. Amazon showed this cable is frequently ordered with an adapter for stereo (Xbox) to mono (monitor), so I ordered it too. I was surprised when the cable showed up with an adapter in the package. Oh well, future project, I suppose. (it was inexpensive). I am thrilled with this find!
on July 25, 2015
So you tried to buy the "cheapo" $5 version of this cord, thinking, "hey, even though it was soldered together by a drunk desperate third world child, it should have the same picture quality as the real thing, right?" Yea, so did I. And immediately there were Blurries everywhere! Ghosting and weird lines on the screen, like my TV had glaucoma or astigmatism.

So I eventually bought this cable (and the price isnt bad now!). And, voila... my FIFA and Halo games looked beautiful and crystal clear in HD. As they say, you get what you pay for. This is the cable you need to get; don't waste money on the crappy knockoffs.
on March 25, 2016
Does exactly what is says. Has worked well over the years with multiple sound systems/outputs and a variety of screens. The cords are long enough that I haven't needed an extension for my setup.

It does block the HDMI port with a little tab, so if you are looking to use both, you may have to cut it off.
on January 6, 2014
I previously purchased a no-name xbox VGA cable off eBay. It looked and felt legit, but when I plugged it in I got HORRIBLE ghosting. There was a duplicate shadow image projected behind the main image, so everything was blurry and it was not a good gaming experience. Furthermore, there was loud buzzing in the right audio channel. I decided my only choice was to get the expensive Microsoft cable (which right now is marked down from $40 to $20 on Amazon).

The official Microsoft cable works like a charm. The picture is clear and crisp and the audio is perfect as well. It's also much longer than the no-name cable I had purchased, at about 4ft long. Remember that you'll probably need an RCA to 1/8" adapter to plug into your computer or audio source. Also, the RCA section of the cable is short, so if your audio source is far away you'll need an RCA extension. I currently have my xbox connected to a 23-inch Dell s2340m monitor at 1080p through this VGA cable. I'm running the audio cables into a little Pyle headphone amp ($14 on Amazon). That's the entire setup and it's fantastic. My only con is that this item is pricey, but it's the only choice since most knock-offs don't work properly. So stay away from the $5 cables on Amazon and eBay and get the official Microsoft one. You'll be glad you did.
on November 9, 2014
I love the clear picture but it is for a computer monitor so it should either come with converters for computer speakers or come through the monitor itself. I don't want to have to buy regular stereo speakers for my computer set up. If that's just me then oh well, but it could come with adapters or something for people like me.