2,575 Reviews
 (1,989)

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly the same as the white controller
Published on December 13, 2010 by E. K.

2.0 out of 5 stars not all it was meant to be
This controller came new in packing. While it looks amazing the joysticks are sticky and have audible ticks while moving them and the buttons are sticky. I am writing this review after what I consider to be a reasonable break in period of 25 hours. Disappointed to say the least
Published 7 months ago by Shane Verge

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly the same as the white controller, December 13, 2010
This review is from: Xbox 360 Wireless Controller - Glossy Black (Video Game)
I bought this black wireless controller so I could have another wireless controller. Be advised when reading reviews on this product that it appears some people are reviewing the Xbox 360 Silver Controller and Play & Charge Kit, which is a special controller that is different (and more expensive as of this writing) than the black controller I am reviewing. This controller does NOT have any chrome items on it (other than the usual Xbox Guide button), nor does it have any upgrades to the D-pad.

As far as the controller itself, I didn't notice any structural difference between this controller and my old white controller that came with my Pro 20GB Xbox 360 several years ago. I did notice, however, that this controller properly charges my Play & Charge Kit where my old one did not. Prior to buying this controller, my Play & Charge kit would always show the red light while recharging. Since the recharging appeared to work anyway, I didn't think much of it (especially after calling Microsoft and being informed that the warranty on accessories is only 90 days, though that was in 2008). Since I assumed that the battery was at fault the whole time, I was surprised to find out that this controller charged the battery and (correctly) showed a green light when charging was complete.

Though it did not appear to be a structural change to the controller, I had somewhat forgotten (or not realized?) how much wear my controller has taken over the four years (give or take) since I got my console. The new controller gives me a bit more precision in games, especially with the right stick and the pushing of the sticks (for activities like sprinting). The tactility of the sticks (with little raised lines for grip) were a nice reminder of what my controller seemed to have at one time.

This was a satisfying purchase for functionality and the nice sleek look of black. I should also note that while the description of the item is "Glossy Black," this controller isn't really what I would call glossy like you would call the bezel of an LCD monitor or clear coat on a car. It gives off very little gloss in my opinion, which is fine by me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wireless receiver sold separately!, September 27, 2013
emddudley (Syracuse, NY) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Xbox 360 Wireless Controller - Glossy Black (Video Game)
If you are purchasing this controller to use with a PC you must buy the wireless receiver separately. This is a controller only!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best controller on the market, July 11, 2013
This review is from: Xbox 360 Wireless Controller - Glossy Black (Video Game)
I personally believe that this controller tops all current day ones. The size of the controller is perfect. Nice and big which makes it sturdy. Very durable . This controller has gave me no problems so I definitely recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Guess i'll review it (:, September 7, 2013
I picked this up at walmart instead for about the same price. Never had a transforming D-PAD controller so i figured i try it out. Now this controller feels exactly the same and operates the same as a standard one, but the d pad does help a little when playing games that require heavy use of it. Here are some pros/cons

Pros:

-Design: Camouflage, doesn't get any cooler. THE BACK OF THIS CONTROLLER IS BLACK! ONLY FRONT IS CAMO.

-DPAD: The transforming DPAD looks cool and helps in Fighting games.

-Analog: Analog sticks are a bit different, they have a circular ridge on the very outside making them feel different but in a good way.

Cons:

-Trigger: Left trigger after heavy use has a SLIGHT squeak. If it bugs you that much im sure its fixable

-Analog: Ridge on analog sticks can collect dirt. Just dont be lazy and maintain your controller you'll be fine.

Basically if you want to switch things up with your controllers then this one is nice to showcase or just to have. The design is neat so if you want something different pick this up (:

5.0 out of 5 stars Got it for PC, September 27, 2013
This review is from: Xbox 360 Wireless Controller - Glossy Black (Video Game)
I like this controller. I never had Xbox, but I wanted a wireless controller for PC games on my Win 7-64. No problem with a Wireless Gaming Receiver for Windows. I did need to hurdle the slight problem of not all games recognizing the controller, but a cheap little program called Xpadder took care of translating the keystrokes to the controller with little difficulty.

4.0 out of 5 stars Same controller just different color scheme, December 1, 2010
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Xbox 360 Wireless Controller - Glossy Black (Video Game)
Despite other opinions - this controller is only different in color scheme from the older controllers.
In fact - my left trigger annoyingly squeaks - ironically all my older controllers (5 in total - including the red and blue ones - which I use as spares and for friends)never squeaked. Basically the color scheme is all black - no gray. And a shiny garish chrome power button. It has the exact same feel the older controllers have. I think some of the reviews claiming it has a different feel or has different performance has to be imaginative wishful thinking.
I noticed no change in performance (and due to the squeaking trigger actually worse quality than my older ones!)
I also noticed no different power consumption as compared to the earlier controllers. I use rechargeable batteries so can't comment on AA battery drain - but again - I'd be wary of opinions that somehow this controller had been redesigned to reduce power consumption when everything else is identical to the older versions. Unless you actually see controlled tests regarding power consumption I'd take these sort of opinions as opinions - not fact.
If you like the new color scheme then buy it but do not expect it to be any different from any earlier controller.

5.0 out of 5 stars SWEET!, November 29, 2013
This review is from: Xbox 360 Wireless Controller - Glossy Black (Video Game)
Really awesome controller! Looks nice and works fine. I bought some accessories for it as well and it looks really sexy! I bought a red silicon case for it and bought some FPS FREEKS. I highly recommend buying those from Amazon if you want to pimp out your controller and have better gaming experience!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, October 19, 2011
This review is from: Xbox 360 Wireless Controller - Glossy Black (Video Game)
Ordered this controller Sunday night with standard shipping, arrived Wednesday morning. Promptly opened it up, tossed in the included Duracell AAs, and was playing a game withing minutes. Pros: Official Microsoft product, combination matte black/gloss black finish, chromed Xbox live button, fast shipping, great packaging, and an excellent price. Cons: Not a single one. Would recommend to a friend any day. I think I would even recommend this to strangers.

5.0 out of 5 stars xbox controller, November 11, 2012
This review is from: Xbox 360 Wireless Controller - Glossy Black (Video Game)
Xbox controller is excellent, shipped as described and very fast. Would recommend this item to anyone who plays xbox 360.

5.0 out of 5 stars button pushing, November 26, 2013
Sinory Sinner (Springtucky, Oregon) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Xbox 360 Wireless Controller - Glossy Black (Video Game)
it has outlasted my boyfrineds controller, could be because I don't trow mine when getting mad it works amazing as always needs a good cleaning after 3 years but still great.

Xbox 360 Wireless Controller - Glossy Black
Xbox 360 Wireless Controller - Glossy Black by Microsoft Software (Xbox 360)
$49.99 $35.99