Your Garage Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Fifth Harmony Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation SnS
Customer Discussions > Grand Theft Auto V - Xbox 360 forum

Xbox 360 install time??

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 17, 2013 1:07:03 PM PDT
Marcus A. says:
Can somebody please let me know how long it took to install the mandatory disc for 360. Trying to determine if I should take a 30 min break from work to setup install. Thanks ahead of time.

Posted on Sep 17, 2013 1:08:49 PM PDT
It takes around 15 minutes to install disc 1.

Posted on Sep 17, 2013 1:09:16 PM PDT
Maine says:
20 to 25 mins

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 17, 2013 1:10:10 PM PDT
Marcus A. says:
Oh man not bad at all. I was thinking an hour. Thanks!!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 17, 2013 1:10:58 PM PDT
I wonder if the PS3 takes an hour?

Posted on Sep 17, 2013 1:57:55 PM PDT
J. Vazquez says:
20 minutes-ish.

Posted on Sep 18, 2013 10:13:21 AM PDT
Mike Snyder says:
I usually install discs, and it only takes a few minutes. Maybe 5 minutes?

The GTA IV install disc has its own installer though. You actually launch the game to start the install, rather than hitting "X" for game details and doing the install that's possible for any game. It's possible that the standard install does the same thing, but I didn't try it. And yeah, it took quite a while to finish. It was probably extracting stuff rather than just copying the game data as-is to the HD.

Posted on Sep 19, 2013 9:29:21 AM PDT
Bill C says:
I installed both discs. Took about 45 minutes.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 19, 2013 11:42:45 AM PDT
Your only supposed to install the disk marked install. The game is made to be with the second disk being in DVD drive while the installed content streams from the hard drive.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 20, 2013 8:21:54 AM PDT
LTdaz says:
Rockstar actually recommended against installing the 2nd disc, because the game takes advantage of being able to stream from two different data sources (HDD and disc). By installing both discs on the HDD, you've essentially created a bottleneck and the performance will actually suffer as result. You can get around that issue by installing the 2nd disc on an USB storage device instead of the HDD.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  8
Total posts:  10
Initial post:  Sep 17, 2013
Latest post:  Sep 20, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Grand Theft Auto V - Xbox 360
Grand Theft Auto V - Xbox 360 by Rockstar Games (Xbox 360)
4.5 out of 5 stars (4,098)