Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on August 3, 2011
About time I got these cables. Sure, I have a PS3 and enjoy my current gen gaming experience, but sometimes I like to bust out some Halo 2 action with my friends. Xbox was meh on my Samsung LCD, but was a vast improvement with these cables over the S-Video I was using. Yes, I know why.

I have had them for a while now, and while I don't use them too often, they really have me enjoying my Xbox experience years after it was "obsolete". Lots of great games to try out with the HD cable now!
on June 25, 2011
No problems whatsoever.

Just make sure you enable the different resolutions in the Xbox settings and that the game can support HD output ( I forgot to do this, but forced myself to believe that everything was clearer even though it wasn't, but when I finally turned it on, my mind was blown.)
on January 22, 2013
Recently made a trade for the original Xbox since I know I missed a lot of great games last generation. When I got the Xbox I was disappointed that it came with the composite cables but I hooked it up and played anyways. Read online that there are certain games on the ORIGINAL XBOX that actually support HDTV so I quickly looked on amazon for component cables . Got them in today and OMG do they make a world of difference . Colors seems SO MUCH more accurate, picture seems A LOT sharper even on games that dont even support 480p! I'm telling you THIS IS A MUST HAVE . Will greatly improve your experience.
on April 13, 2016
The item sold under this listing by the seller 'cyberlink' is not a cable for the original xbox. I'm not sure what the cable is for but can say with total certainty that it's not for the original xbox.
Maybe this has changed since my order, maybe it was just a one time mistake but I'm not even sure if the main photo for this listing shows a component cable for the original xbox.
on March 5, 2016
A few months back I was given an original XBox for free by a friend of mine who said the thing was sitting there doing nothing. He said I would need a power cable to get it to work. I thought I was going to need to buy one, but by some dumb stroke of luck I actually had a cable laying around from an old CPAP machine that has since been tossed, that just so happened to fit the system. So I ended up testing out the XBox and it worked like a charm. However, I was going to need component cables if I wanted to eventually get the best quality picture out of the machine.

Fast forward to now and I finally ordered these badboys off Amazon. They seem quite durable, and it fit the port in the back of my XBox like a glove. I made sure to enable 480p and 720p in the video settings, let's just say this set of component cables made a world of difference in the picture quality. I have played Forza Motorsport, Burnout Revenge and a few more games using these and things look so much better. The colors are more vibrant, text is easier to read, and everything just feels better. Burnout Revenge in particular is a high water mark with it looking similar to the XBox 360 version. Absolutely breath-taking to say the least. Forza Motorsport is also a real looker too.

All in all, I can't complain, these work wonderfully and I look forward to using them for a long time.
on November 26, 2011
There is a huge difference between the SD and component cables. I ordered one, and I believe I got an old school OEM one, that has huge metal RCA jacks on the connectors. However, your experience may vary.
on April 22, 2015
Works as it should. That being said, if ur original xbox is not setup for 480p/720p/1080p in the settings, this cable wont put out a signal. You have to have those signals enabled first in settings/video. This cable puts out a superb picture. But if it doesnt work at first, its because the HD signals havent been enabled in the settings. There is a way to use this cables as a composite cable temporarily to change the settings, look it up online to find out how.
on July 2, 2015
It works well with the Xbox. I used it to connect to my 32" Samsung Smart TV and it works well.

Do keep in mind that this cable only enables HD for HD-enabled games which will have it on the back of the Xbox game box. Only games that support 720p or whatever will be able to use this cable to its fullest potential. It still works for other games, you just won't see them in HD quality.
on January 25, 2013
It's a great cable and adds to the quality of your games. Things look sharper and makes play move smoother. I usually play my old Xbox games on my 360, but not all titles work with the 360 and since 2007 they stopped making them compatible.
on July 26, 2012
Some people have had trouble with other xbox component cables, but this one works great! Some people have had trouble fitting it in the a/v slot, but this one fit easily. The picture is awesome, you just gotta change to hd settings in the settings of the xbox itself and you're good to go!