Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: NEW Xbox 360 Component HDAV High Definition HD AV Cable
Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Drowners The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick

on July 11, 2011
Just purchased this cable. I honestly was a little nervous about the super cheap price from Amazon (the shipping was 3x the cost! haha) but I'm so glad I bought it. It did take me a good 10 minutes to figure out how to set it up though, so here's a quick walkthrough if anyone was confused like me.

There's a switch on the bulky part that plugs into the XBox that toggles it from "TV" to "HDTV". Plug it in with the "TV" setting, then go to the XBox setting and select "1080i" (NOT 1080p as some other reviewers have pointed out. This can cause the ghosting and is the reason for some of the 1 star reviews...these are USER errors and not the product's fault!). Then I would toggle the "HDTV" switch on the cable. If I toggled the "HDTV" switch before selecting the setting on the XBox, I would have a blank screen. I was getting annoyed, but once I figured it out, it works great!

Also, make sure to plug the right "red" cable into the right section...I didn't do this, and got a horrible green color and buzzing sounds until I figured out this silly mistake. Whoops!

Thanks for saving me 25-30 dollars Amazon!
33 comments|27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 7, 2011
I ordered this cable about a week and a half ago and have found no problems whatsoever. The cable [seems] authentic with the Microsoft holographic sticker and logo. I've been using the cable for about a week at 720p and haven't seen any ghosting, blurriness, delay, flickering, low fps, nothing. Great cable that is needed for all xbox 360 consoles , and at a great price.

As for the one bad review, defective products happen. Mass production is never perfect, believe me. Doesn't necessarily mean that the cable is fake, used, tampered, just got lucky with a bad one.
on February 5, 2011
my grandson needed a replacement cable for his xbox
$40 in the stores, only $6 here, just as good
thanks amazon.
on February 26, 2013
Bought this wire for my old Xbox 360 (The white one) so that I could play in HD. The cable arrived and I was glad to see that I could switch between Component and Standard with a flip of a switch, making it possible to still play the console on older TV's if I needed to. The cable worked perfectly and for what it was intended to be used for (although, I did get some occasional screen shake for some reason. Not sure if that was because of the cable, or the TV I had it on).
on December 17, 2011
When my son lost the gold tip of the visual cord in the port on our TV I thought I would have to trek out in the cold and put up with early holiday shoppers and the unique hell that is gamer shopping but I thought to myself that I better find out what I'm going to be spending and how much each store charges and if they even had them or not. When I did my google search I found several stores and they wanted stupid amounts of money for this thing! I then clicked on Amazons link and found what I needed and It didn't cost me through the nose! When I ordered it I was able to see a picture of it and know for certain that it was what I needed. Not only that it arrived 3 days later!It works perfectly!My son is now at this moment annoying me with blood,guts and explosions on Halo 3. On second thought tell your kids they don't make them anymore and save yourself the headache and take back your TV and your sanity!
on November 12, 2013
(Revised) This product had generally good user reviews, and a very low price. However, it came with no instructions of any kind. We are not electronics experts but do have some knowledge, average or maybe a bit above average, and we could not get it to work. If, for example, the cable had three plugs (like red, white, and blue) and the TV had three sockets (also red, white, and blue), it would be obvious, but the cable has six plugs, the TV has five, and many of the colors do not match up. Some simple instructions would've been helpful. More on that shortly.

I then noticed (product page) that the product comes with free technical help to set it up, provided by Amazon (not the product supplier), so we called, and their tech helped us over the phone. The first several things we tried still did not work, but we hung together and tried some other things and voila, it works. Considering how different each TV and vintage of TV and such are, and trying to help via phone without actually seeing the situation, I think that's fair. In addition to figuring out which plugs go to which sockets, we had to tweak the settings on the Xbox 360 to output the right format for HD (1080i). We now have HD (1080i) video and continue to have good stereo sound (5-speaker true hi-fi component sound system). The TV can display 1080p but the tech explained that the Xbox's best is 1080i, certainly close enough. The tech ("Elizabeth") was competent, pleasant, personable, and did not rush us. That level of service would be great in any case, but for a product this inexpensive, it's insanely good!

Originally, I knew from the many user reviews that the thing must work, but we could not get it working, so I originally gave it a low rating, but with the free tech support for 30-days, we made one phone call and it worked, and now having HD video for a few bucks, so I'm upgrading the rating to 4-stars. I will stop short of 5-starts because I continue to think that it should come with instructions, or at the very least should come with the tech phone assistance info rather than one must happen to see it amongst all the info on the product page. (At first, it looks like extended warranty info, but it's great service, just you have to notice it.)

Thanks, Amazon: Prime meant free shipping, the product cost was low, it works great, your Amazon tech service was very good (and critical to get it to work!). But, please pack a note about the tech service with the product so we don't mope about for a while trying to figure the thing out!
on March 6, 2015
Don't forget there is an actual switch on this cord to place it in high def, or it will stay in normal mode and you wont notice the difference. Also once you plug it in go to your console setting and go to video settings and switch your console to run on 1080P and let me tell you the performance of what you'll be looking at will amaze you. The graphic increase is just outstanding and un-comparable to anything other than a direct HDMI cord. Very high def gaming as well as increase in sound quality which is 80 percent of gaming right there. If you have a 360 this is a requirement to get the best performance and gaming out of your console.
on January 8, 2016
Unit works well. Odd note: The SDTV (480i only and only through the yellow Composite RCA cable) and HDTV (480p, 720p or better only through the red, blue, & green RCA Component cables) switch function seems to be reversed. Select SDTV for HDTV, or select HDTV for SDTV. Also, while in HDTV mode, you can not select 480i for the Component cables. Only 480p, 720 or better (progressive mode only) only in HDTV mode. So, if you want to use Component input for 480i on a 480i only SDTV, this cable will not work for you: Otherwise, I'd give it five stars instead of four stars. Other then that, unit works well for what it's made for.
on July 29, 2014
These cables act as you would expect HDAV cables to act. Plug them in and let them go.

I noticed no deterioration of quality of picture and I originally purchased these to replace my broken stock cables. They are working wonderfully as a drop in replacement.

My recommendation: Buy

My setup:
Xbox 360 Premium (Original release) with Samsung UN55C8000

Pro:
Does what it's supposed to
Cheap

Cons:
None to report
on June 7, 2014
I received a free Xbox with the purchase of a laptop I needed for college and my son (6) was beyond excited! I got into the excitment also when i got the kinects workouts. After less than a year for whatever reason the unit wouldn't power on. We live quite a ways from the best buy to bring back for repair so I decided to try purchasing a new power cord. Voila the unit powered on as it should. We are a few months out and havent had any issues product works as expected.

See 1 answered question