Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Xbox Dashboard Advertisment for $39.99

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 13, 2012 11:41:55 PM PST
vectordream says:
I am logged into my xbox home screen and I see an advertisement for two ways to get xbox live gold. It states:

Visit amazon.com and save $20 off a 1-year gold membership That's 33% off the regular price

or

Get 6 months of xbox live gold now for 40% off! That's just $4/mo

Option #1 sounds the best so I came here, since I buy alot on here anyways, but the price should be $39.99. I contacted customer support and they don't seem to know anything about the promotion and would not honor the price. Just wanted to let people know before you waste your time contacting them.

microsoftstore.com still has it for $35.99 with free shipping and Gamestop has it for $39.99 digital download. I guess I will get it from one of those but I would of rather given amazon the business.

Anyone else see that on the xbox home screen?

Posted on Feb 13, 2012 11:43:46 PM PST
vectordream says:
I found it funny too that since I took the trouble to contact them about it they would not even match the price of Gamestop.com digital download. Oh well.

Posted on Feb 14, 2012 7:23:10 AM PST
Buffalostone says:
My xbox dashboard same almost the same thing. Says:

Act Now
Renew your gold subscription before it expires.
Save $20 when you buy a year of gold from AMAZON.COM or XBOX LIVE

It then proceeds to tell you to go to Amazon.com and search x box live gold

Posted on Feb 14, 2012 10:15:28 AM PST
vectordream says:
Thanks for posting I just wanted to make sure I was not the only one seeing this. When I contacted customer service they probably thought I was making it up. They refused to honor the price which I can understand if they don't know about it. But how could they not know about it? Does not make sense that amazon and microsoft would do a promotion like this, put it first thing on the xbox dashboard and have no idea that it is going on.

That said gamestop.com has it for $39.99. You would think amazon would of at least matched their price while investigating the xbox dashboard promotion. They missed a sale on this one.

Posted on Feb 25, 2012 2:34:20 AM PST
cybertext says:
I called someone on the phone with a similar question. The ads rotate, and are different on different people's screens. idk why yet. I got the coolest ads about 2am. I got the ydmd.msn.com ad. I got a cooking add for chicken, that contained a contest to win like 10,000 microsoft points, and I think there were (30) 4,000 points winners. Then...all the cool ads are gone.

Posted on Feb 25, 2012 2:34:51 AM PST
cybertext says:
Oh! Kinec was on sale for $99 on Newegg. That's over too.

Posted on Apr 10, 2012 3:53:32 PM PDT
Kubricker says:
Got a 6 mnther for 39.99 from console dash ad and it comes with 5 games including Halo Reach!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  Feb 13, 2012
Latest post:  Apr 10, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions