Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Xbox $15 Gift Card - Digital Code
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Subscription Length: $15 Gift Card|Format: Online Game Code|Change
Price:$15.00

on January 20, 2015
OVERVIEW:
Sometimes you get Visa/Mastercard/Amex gift cards that act kinda like debit cards but aren't always useful when shopping online. However, with Amazon being the master race of retail that it is, lets you add them to your account as normal credit cards, which you can then use to purchase other things like normal. In this case, I turned them into Amazon Gift Cards (because why not), which I then used to buy this.

PROS:
* Instant -- Delivery of the code is nearly instant, so you can get your game on quickly. You can also email it to whoever you want, in case it's supposed to be a gift
* It's Money -- Yeah, it's money that works in the Xbox Store. It doesn't expire, and having money in your account on there is always a nice surprise when you go to buy a new game

CONS:
* None

BOTTOM LINE:
This is the easiest way to buy Xbox money outside of buying it directly from Microsoft.

This has been part of my 365 Review Revue: 1 review a day, with humor along the way.
22 comments| 51 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 26, 2016
Buying an Xbox digital gift card through Amazon as seller was quick and easy! And SAFE! The digital code was delivered immediately and accepted when grandson entered it into his Xbox 360 console. This is much safer than using a credit card because Microsoft will continuously try to charge the card in the future and sometimes refuses to delete a card from your Xbox account. I used to make "one-time" single merchant use digital credit cards through my Visa "shop safe" feature (where you specify $ limit and expiration date for the digital card). It never stopped Microsoft from attempting to charge over and over, despite the charges being denied once they surpassed the $ limit.

No more of Microsoft's dangerous nonsense. I will use Amazon again for digital codes in the future.
on November 3, 2013
I used to get these codes from ebay but it takes time and faith on the seller, Microsoft will save your credit card and it will take forever to remove it and most of CD-keys websites are fishy, if you wanna buy a game code so amazon is the best place :)
44 comments| 106 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 7, 2015
Getting error telling me that key has already been used. Been on phone with both MS support and Amazon live support currently and they both tell me to contact each other to get it sorted out. It almost seems as if I am out the $100 gift card I used to purchase the money for xbox. I have purchased yearly renewal cards, and microsoft point cards (back when they were still a thing) through amazon and never had a problem with a key. First time purchasing the newer gift card balances and this happens. And support is ZERO help on this issue. Customer Service Rep "Sathish" was one of the worst people I have ever had the pleasure of dealing with in the support department. Best of luck to anyone purchasing, I hope that your code works.
on January 9, 2016
Whew! After I had purchased this, I read reviews on here that stated how some people's codes were already used, so I was super nervous about if mine was or not. I just put it into Xbox's website and it says I have $10 which is correct and it hasn't been used prior to my purchase- Yay! :) I'm going to use this to purchase a game on the Xbox marketplace when they have good sales again. Very excited and glad it was such an easy way to purchase this on here.
on June 6, 2016
I buy these online codes whenever I need to buy something off xbox live. I don't like giving my credit card to micro cause xbox live gets hacked all the time, plus they'll renew your membership without asking (even when you opt for non renewal upon expiration) *grumbles*
So you buy this online code for whatever amount you want on your xbox live account, but beware of the taxes! A 15 dollar game will come out to more than 15, so plan for that. Thanks again micro. Go to the store page on your xbox and you'll find the redeem or enter a code box. Game on.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 3, 2016
I bought this code to give to my grandson and it went to someone elses account!!??? I never redeemed the code and it says already use??
$25.00 for NOTHING! no way to contact anyone or get Amazon help.
review image
on January 22, 2015
I didn't receive the code yet
review image
33 comments| 96 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
My son wanted to download something on his Xbox. It required me to enter my credit card number not only to buy the game but "for future purchases." I didn't want my credit card on there for him to go crazy buying stuff. I needed a gift card, one I could get right away because it's the one day out of the week he's allowed to play all day. Poor kid's been waiting.

I knew Amazon had gift cards for Xbox. I didn't know they had gift codes. That's so handy. The code is available for printing immediately. Son's happy.
VINE VOICEon May 7, 2015
During the height of the hacks last winter, I was nervous about giving Microsoft or Sony my credit card number. To be fair, the one time my XBox account was hacked, Microsoft issued a refund quickly and let me keep the games purchased fraudulently (nothing I'd ever want to play, so I wish they'd have taken them off my account, but I respect it was a nice gesture). Picking up a code at Amazon and registering it on the XBox was a fast, safer way to pick up digital content at the time.

I've continued to fund my XBox account this way ever since. It may be unfair, but I trust Amazon more. Delivery is nearly instant, and registering the code is fast and easy.