3,286 Reviews
 (2,707)

1,569 of 1,797 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Buy the points card- Don't give Microsoft your credit card!
Published on November 15, 2006 by Frank

The service is good. You can get the code instantly by email. The main problem is that you can NOT use Amazon gift cards to buy the code. It requires you to have a credit card. It's a shame that Amazon Digital does not accept Amazon Gift Cards.
Published on August 31, 2009 by Ralph

1,569 of 1,797 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Buy the points card- Don't give Microsoft your credit card!, November 15, 2006
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
First off, I'm an otherwise very happy Xbox Live Gold member. Instead of buying a points card from a retailer, I made the mistake of buying the points online from Microsoft through the Xbox. I used my gamer tag account and entered my credit card on the TV and I bought 500 points. I got the email confirmation that I bought the points. I then used the points. So far so good.

Over the next two days, four other Xbox charges totaling $30 mysteriously appeared on my credit card. Someone bought more points and a game subscription using my credit card info. I called Xbox Live support- their answer was "we don't give refunds." I explained that it's not a REFUND if my account is used fradulently. They still said no.

Note that clearly the security leak was with them, as no other fraudulent charges appeared on my credit card...just Xbox charges.

I then asked them to delete my credit card info from my Xbox Live account. They said they could not do this. I could not believe this! Given that someone had access to my credit card and they were unwilling to remove my credit card info, I had no choice but to cancel my credit card.

My advice- buy the points from a trusted source like Amazon. Don't ever give Microsoft direct access to your credit card info. I hope this helps.

5.0 out of 5 stars Main reason to buy these points through Amazon, no tax., April 10, 2009
Patio B. (Houston, TX USA) - See all my reviews
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This is a lot better than doing it through your xbox. For one, no tax. The other reason, for me at least, is that if you put your credit card into xbox live, you cant remove it. You can change it, but it will always have a credit card on file. Buying these points through xbox live would have cost me $54.12. I would rather save that $4.12, thank you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Finaaly, a fast and easy way., April 18, 2009
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Xbox LIVE 1600 Microsoft Points [Online Game Code] (Software Download)
I've lived overseas in Europe for the past 8 years working with the military. The thing about Xbox live is that they dont accept APO address's for the credit card (Armed Forces Overseas address). Now i can order the code in 5 seconds instead of having to buy a card and have it shipped to me. Thankyou sooooo much Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works perfectly, but don't scratch too hard, October 2, 2007
James Lin (Los Angeles, CA) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I bought one of these cards while it was slightly on-sale, making it a bit cheaper than buying points directly through Microsoft.

It's just a plain, plastic card with a portion that you scratch off to reveal a long key code that you enter into your XBL account.

A word of caution though. Don't scratch it too hard because you can actually scratch off the key code lettering, which is what happened to me. Luckily, I was still able to figure out what my code was and the card didn't go to waste.

With free shipping through my Amazon Prime account, this was easy enough and I saved a tiny bit of money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Much Needed Denomination for Xbox Live Currency, April 18, 2007
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This is a great denomination to release Microsoft points in. Since most games on Xbox Live Arcade are purchased in 400 point ($5) increments this card give you the ability to download ten 400 point games or five 800 point games or some other combination (you get the idea). $50 is also a much more acceptable amount than the $62.50 for 5000 points. Since this is on a card it makes this possible to give as a gift or buy without using a credit card. This would be a worthwhile purchase for anyone with an Xbox 360 and Xbox Live.

5.0 out of 5 stars Confusion with Amazon Page, June 13, 2006
M. Erickson (Eden Prairie, MN United States) - See all my reviews
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
These reviews show up on the list for all four options, the one, three, and twelve month subscriptions, as well as the marketplace points. Carefully choose the "Size" above, which is where you choose between live "gold" months and marketplace points. Amazon just put all of these different products onto the same page, calling them different sizes.

There is of course a difference between months and points, as you can spend points without a gold subscription (just use the free included "silver" subscription with every XBOX 360), and you can certainly buy gold months without having to get any extra points. So one is not required for the other. The points get you extra content downloads, and the months get you online play time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Get out of your bubble this is amazing!, April 23, 2009
This is an awesome service that amazon is providing to those of us who cant purchase the cards through our xbox. Those of us who are serving our country from out of the country (IE Europe) can not use our credit cards with APO bank acct's. So Thank you amazon this is awesome!

5.0 out of 5 stars 1600 points!, April 17, 2008
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
If you need points to buy games, gamer pics, themes, or movies through marketplace, you will need Microsoft points.

This card for 1600 points is $20.00 worth of points, so you save a penny!

Most people buy their points online through the marketplace, but these make great gifts for the Xbox 360 Game fan who you are not quite sure what to buy them.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good service, but they need to include Amazon Gift Cards as payment., August 31, 2009
Ralph (Manati, PR) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Points, May 6, 2007
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This is a must have if your xbox 360 is connected to the internet. It is used in place of money on the xbox live marketplace. Their you can buy new skins for the xbox guide, HD and standard definition movies and TV shows. Movies include Superman Returns, The Departed, Blood Diamond, and Jackass. TV shows include Star Trek, The Colbert Report and South Park.

HD TV shows are 240 points(per episode), so you can get about 6 with this card. Standard definition are 160, so you can get 10 with this card.

A new release movie in HD is 480 points, so you can get 3 on the card. New release standard definition are 320, so about 5 movies worth on the card.

Classic movies are 360 for HD and 240 for standard. So 4 and 6 movies respectively.

You can also purchase points directly through xbox live, 1000 points costs $12.50.

Rate and Discover Movies