2,548 Reviews
 (2,095)

5.0 out of 5 stars xbox rocks
This site is the cheapest I have found for this card.<br />
Do not pay for your live service monthly on your credit card.<br />
It's alot cheaper to buy one of these cards every year.
Published on December 3, 2004 by Robin

I got the news from the person who received the card for aChristmas gift, that the card had expired. The could not active the card. I would like a refund.

Richard Duncan
rduncan247@gmail.com
Published 9 months ago by Richard P. Duncan

5.0 out of 5 stars xbox rocks, December 3, 2004
Robin (Bendover, MI) - See all my reviews
This site is the cheapest I have found for this card.<br />
Do not pay for your live service monthly on your credit card.<br />
It's alot cheaper to buy one of these cards every year.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cheapest Live Subsription Option, November 5, 2009
This review is from: Xbox LIVE 12 Month Gold Membership Card (Video Game)
From what I can find this is the cheapest cost per month option available for a live gold subscription. Depending on the current price, it ranges from $2.9158 to $3.3325 per month. What I don't get is why this credit card sized subscription card comes in such wasteful packaging. It comes in a rather large plastic packaging, which requires it to be shipped in a box. You get free shipping, but how wasteful. Why doesn't amazon just offer the code online and not eat the cost of shipping and at the same time be a little greener?

5.0 out of 5 stars Great deal, February 26, 2010
This review is from: Xbox LIVE 12 Month Gold Membership Card (Video Game)
A year if xbox live for $35 is truly a good deal.
Get it before it goes up! (if it goes up)

1.0 out of 5 stars The cards had expired by the time the card holder tried to active it, January 10, 2014

Richard Duncan
rduncan247@gmail.com

5.0 out of 5 stars If you are looking for a way to get made fun of by 12-year-old's, BUY THIS!, October 10, 2014
This review is from: Xbox LIVE 12 Month Gold Membership Card (Video Game)
I must be a glutton for punishment. Back in the day, I was the best gamer in the neighborhood. Oh, how times have changed.

With Xbox LIVE, I compete against other gamers across the globe (mostly adolescents), and they are much better than me. And they are mean - not only do they use a sniper rifle and kill my avatar with a headshot, but then they make fun of me via our headsets and use new insults that I've never even heard of. Such potty-mouths!

1.0 out of 5 stars The code didn't work, April 21, 2014
This review is from: Xbox LIVE 12 Month Gold Membership Card (Video Game)
I don't know if it was a slip up on xbox or the seller but the code did not work. Tried to enter twice via my xbox and then tried on my microsoft account and it still didn't work. Amazon was very quick to remedy the issue and refund my money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Get the card - better than the $60/year MS is trying to pull, November 28, 2010
This review is from: Xbox LIVE 12 Month Gold Membership Card (Video Game)
It's a card that lets you use Xbox Live for a year. Not much to say about it. Getting the card delivered is a much better price than what Microsoft charges for the exact same service. However, it's completely illogical how Amazon charges roughly $15 more for a code to be delivered virtually is beyond me. There is no cost of postage, and not even a cost to print the code itself. If someone from Amazon can please explain this anomaly, that would be great.

As for the Xbox Live experience itself, it has grown to become so much more user-friendly than a few years ago.

Features:

- You can create an online avatar that can be as close to or as different from your real-life self as you want.

- There is ESPN streaming (provided you have ESPN3) and Netflix instant streaming as well (again, you need to be a Netflix member).

- The Live Marketplace is now even more filled with content than ever before, ranging from themes to movies to well-made arcade games.

- Online gaming is a great experience. Playing against actual people extends the life of a game near-indefinitely.

- Kinect, which is a relatively new feature. It will surely be more fleshed out in the coming months with more content and features.

- Presumably many more things to come in the future.

All-in-all, are all these services worth getting for $60/year? In my opinion, no. As great as these features all are, I don't buy into how Microsoft needs to raise the price for any reason they state. So just buy the card from Amazon instead.

5.0 out of 5 stars Xbox Live the Best Internet Gaming Ever!!!, April 3, 2004
M. Rehiem (2nd Star On the Right) - See all my reviews
I know, I know. But I have been playing online since the days of text-based MUDDs. Most of you reading this are way too young to even know what a MUDD was, but back in 1982, we were playing them. Yes, I said 1982. I've been playing online games just that long and have seen the evolution of just about every type of online game and environment you can think of. I've played Battle.net, and Heat.net and just about every other online gaming service (free or subscription-based) that there has been to play over the last 20 years. Many of you may not even know what Xcite means, but they were responsible for online gaming on the 16-bit systems (SEGA Genesis and Super Nintendo). I had those too.

&quot;So after playing online for nigh 20 years, I had to ask myself what on Earth is Xbox Live (XBL) going to do that is so much more better about it than any other online experience than I have ever had,&quot; this is what I was thinking before I signed up, and I was very skeptical and rightfully so. But once I was on and was playing, my tune changed rather quickly. In all the years that I have been playing online, there has simply been no single experience as fun, exciting and solid as the XBL experience (yes, even the PS2 Online experience is inferior to XBL). It is quite safe to say, that they last 20+ years of online gaming have been ultimately leading up to XBL. Microsoft has taken all the best attributes of online gaming and infused them into XBL, while leaving all of the worst attrtributes on the cutting room floor. And check this out, they are constantly improving the experience. While you have a XBL subscription, all upgrades for the service are free of charge. And we get upgrades and improvements every few months. The XBL experience is so good, that many in even the PC gaming communittee prefer XBL over PC online gaming and are clamouring to get XBL on the PC - and later this year, they will finally have it. Then there is all the tons of free stuff that you can get on XBL. I cannot remember just how many new levels and modes and maps and soundtracks of various XBL games that I have downloaded in the last year for absolutely free. And with almost 100 games available to use the service and that number looking to more than double itself by the end of 2004, that's just even more opportunities to downlaod more free stuff to my Xbox harddrive.

Inconclusion, XBL really is the best online gaming there has ever been to date. However, you do not have to take my word for it, you can find out for yourself for absolutely free. Most XBL games these days come with a 2-Month Trial Card FREE in the game's box. Just use that to sign-up for a temporary account and you get full access to all XBL services for FREE for two whole months. That's two whole months full access to the best online gaming service ever created. If by then you feel that this is not for you, then you are FREE to cancel the service without further obligation. YOU CANNOT LOSE. Anyway, I play XBL everyday, and I hope to see some of you there soon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Prepaid Better Than Credit Card, December 28, 2010
This review is from: Xbox LIVE 12 Month Gold Membership Card (Video Game)
Well I would recommend the prepaid card for 2 reasons. One the price for Xbox Live went up 1-month was 7.99, now 9.99, 3-months was 19.99, now 24.99, year was 49.99, now 59.99. So if you use a credit card on your xbox you will most likely see the new price. I don't really mine the new price for xbox live because they been adding new features to the Xbox 360 dashboard for like 2-3 years now and at least they didn't raise the price each time. I say if you're going to buy someting and you can get it at a discount thats even better. Amazon was selling the 1 year for about 40.00. Reason 2 was when you use a credit card on your xbox it well auto-renewal when you're gold runs out. That was fine, all you had to do was go on your computer and sign in on xbox.com and disable it. Now you don't have that option any more, you have to call microsoft to disable it for you which takes abouty 3-10 mins. Hope this helps you save money and time.

1.0 out of 5 stars Code doesn't work, April 18, 2014
This review is from: Xbox LIVE 12 Month Gold Membership Card (Video Game)
Invalid code. Do not buy. Should be zero stars. Too bad you have to expose the code to find out that it's invalid.

Xbox LIVE 12 Month Gold Membership Card
Xbox LIVE 12 Month Gold Membership Card by Microsoft Software (Xbox 360)
$59.99 $48.99