6,398 Reviews
 (5,391)

1,108 of 1,210 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Prepaid Is Better
To start off, I'd like to say that X-Box Live is amazing and worth every penny. Online gaming is incredibly fun and quite a good way to pass time.

Published on December 19, 2006 by J. Gable

1.0 out of 5 stars code dont work
i have tried to enter the code in several times on my game system and on the computer and it wont take this code !
Published 7 months ago by Jordan gallam

1,108 of 1,210 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Prepaid Is Better, December 19, 2006
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars

That aside, there are downsides to X-Box Live that can be avoided through prepaid cards. Number one, you always run the risk that unwarranted transactions will be made if your credit card information is stored on your X-Box 360 system. It may not happen all that often, but it's best to avoid it all together.

The biggest reason to buy prepaid Xbox Live card is the renewal process that happens when you don't use one. If you order X-Box Live through your system, it'll renew every time your subscription runs out. This wouldn't be a problem except that it's not that easy to cancel. Instead of canceling through your system, you have to go through the hassle of actually calling X-Box Live support. Even then, depending on the representative you get, you may be hassled to keep your subscription because they really don't want you to cancel it. I'm guessing that's part of their job to convince you to keep it, but it still is frustrating to the person that is trying to cancel it.

You'll have to go through this process every time you want to cancel if you don't use a prepaid card. Is that hassle really worth it? I don't think so. Therefore, avoid all of the problems by simply buying a prepaid card. You won't be sorry.

UPDATE: (3/6/2011): I updated this review about a year ago pointing out that you could disable the subscription on X-Box Live's website. As of this update, they've taken that feature away again. I'm guessing Microsoft must have seen a major increase on people who canceled their subscription, thus now forcing you to call their customer service hot-line again to cancel. Even if they add it back, just save yourself the hassle and get a prepaid card. You never have to worry about dealing with customer service that will try their hardest to get you to stay on as a recurring customer. Amazon also gives great deals throughout the year. You could save yourself $20 to $30 sometimes just by checking to see if Amazon has these prepaid cards on sale. What's not to love about that?

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than buying one in a retail store., August 23, 2011
Trent S. (Indianapolis, IN) - See all my reviews
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Xbox Live 12 Month Gold Membership [Online Game Code] (Software Download)
I decided to purchase one of these when my current subscription expired. It took a matter of minutes, and I was logged back on to my Live account. It was also about $10-12 cheaper than it would've been if I went to my local big box store (not to mention gas and time). Here are the steps that I took:

1. Purchased it on Amazon.com
2. Checked my e-mail to retrieve my Xbox Live Code immediately after purchase.
3. Logged onto my account on xbox.com, and put the Xbox Live Code in. (Or enter the code on the Xbox 360 dashboard.)
4. Turned on my 360 and viola! Instantaneous access.

I plan on purchasing this again when my current subscription is up. It's a total no brainer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kid needed and I got it!, January 7, 2014
Darin D (washington dc) - See all my reviews
My kid needed this to go on line and kill zombies. Who am I to stop my kid from saving the world.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT, January 28, 2014
This is probably the best deal i have had in a very long time, for xbox live at least. This is or was a must get

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Deal, November 23, 2012
Just received my code instantly. The only other place I've seen that does this is instaGC and you can get instant cards there too. Thanks Amazon!

5.0 out of 5 stars Xbox live Gold, March 24, 2013
Not much I can say about this but if you own an xbox and want live, you need this. I will say DO NOT purchase this item if is more than $40 as you can find it for $35 else where. I ended up purchasing this for $30 with a special deal at the time so I got a great deal.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works in Canada!, December 28, 2012
I was a little concerned about this, since it states USA only, but it was on sale, and I figured it was worth a try. THe code works even in Canada!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product perfect picing!, September 26, 2014
You can not go wrong with a 3 moth subscription to Xbox 360. I bought this for my husband for our anniversary. It came very quickly and the code worked very well. The price is perfect considering at a retail store I would have paid $10 more. Highly recommended and a great buy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Random Discount?, June 11, 2014
I saw this for $99.99 and I was already freaking out about how cheap it was for 2 years since 1 year is usually $59.99.

Then when I added it to the cart, it popped up as $79 ? I had to buy it right away and now I love my xbox even more :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Works like a charm, March 30, 2014
Worked great. As others noted, the code is behind the scratch off box. They even had it delivered by the USPS on Sunday.