on March 14, 2014
The Xbox One is a pretty good system as it is so this is a pretty good deal. Just to make it clear, you get a controller, the standard $25 chat headset, the Kinect Sensor, the basic accessories, and Titanfall. Titanfall is similar to today's first person shooters except for that there are robots involved.

Comparison to Xbox 360:

Xbox one loads up much more quickly, and boots games very quickly.
The graphics are beautiful, but not a ridiculous amount better.
There is no more start menu. Instead you can freely navigate the main menu, even while in a game.
The system is sooo quiet
Kinect motion controls can be unresponsive and are not worth the effort
Kinect Voice Commands are pretty good and work most of the time.
Party chat has a different interface, but works in mostly the same way.

A major difference is that with a purchasable adapter, you can use any pair of headphones that you own to listen to game sound. It just plugs into your controller. If the headphones have a mic the you can also speak through them.

You cannot, unfortunately, talk cross platform. If am on the One and you are on the 360, we cannot talk through party chat or listen to each other's voice messages.

If you have any other question please feel free to contact me. I hope this helped.
88 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on June 11, 2014
*** Key: ✔-Positive ✖-Negative ⓘ-Informational/Neutral ***

Admittedly, I sat there at E3 2013 watching Microsoft and Sony's press conferences thinking Sony had it in the bag. But since buying both consoles at launch, I barely turn on my PS4. The Xbox One is superb.

Experience:
✔ Beautiful, bright, and well-organized dashboard provides for an extremely pleasant experience every time you turn it on
✔ Seamless transition between gaming, apps (Hulu, Netflix, etc.), and cable TV changes the way you consume entertainment
✔ The voice commands have improved dramatically since launch. And trust me, it seems gimmicky at first... but you'll really appreciate the ability to turn the console on/off, raise/lower the volume, and switch between Hulu/Netflix/TV/Games when you lay down and realize you left the remote on the other side of the room.
✔ Graphics are beautiful; I can't tell the difference between Xbox One and PS4, but maybe I'm just not as perceptive as others
✔ Xbox live still feels like a much more cohesive and vibrant community than PSN, even in this next generation

Controller:
✔ Feels even better than the already great Xbox 360 controller
✔ Battery lasts a long time, especially when you use a play and charge kit
✖ I own 4 controllers. 2 of them feel like the seams on the side are offset the slightest bit... As if they just don't come together as well as they should.

Games:
ⓘ Realistically, most blockbuster games nowadays are released on both xbox and playstation. The meaningful differences come with console exclusives, which are a matter of preference. I will say though that I am very excited for Halo: The Master Chief Collection and Halo 5.
on June 15, 2014
If you have a family or housemates the Kinect is extremely useful for automatically knowing who is using the system and logging in all the appropriate people instantly. Automatic sign in with the Kinect works amazingly well and usually happens faster than your TV can even turn the screen on. The thing can spot me from the other side of the living room. The Kinect controls the power on/off for your TV as well as the volume of your speakers. If you plan to use the live-TV or have a complex entertainment center with external speakers, cable or other streaming devices running through the Xbox you should definitely get the Kinect version. Here's why: the Kinect has an amazing IR blaster built into it that can turn on/off all of your devices as well as control the volume, the playback controls and channel of what you're watching. So even if you don't have cable TV (let's assume you have a Roku, Apple TV, Fire TV, or Xbox 360) the Xbox One's Kinect will control playback on those devices (pause/play/rewind/fast forward) via controller, voice, gesture and Xbox SmartGlass. The free SmartGlass app turns your smartphone or tablet into a very powerful universal remote by using the Kinect to send IR signals to all of your devices.

In addition with Kinect you also have a slew of other options like Xbox "Record That" game DVR, Skype video calling, Twitch camera broadcasting, Bing universal search of store/app content, controller tracking to know which person is playing and holding the controller, and instant QR code scanning "Xbox use a code" to redeem DLC/points/subscriptions.

For a hundred more you get a free game and a Kinect sensor. Even if you are not interested in any of the Kinect games (Fitness, Dancing, Music, Sports, Party, weird Japanese/Indie experimental games) it is still a good idea to get this version with Kinect. Down the line voice controlled services like Cortana (currently on Windows Phone) are coming to Xbox One and most likely VR games which will need Kinect. Most games also make use of the Kinect voice for menu navigation and controls. For a hundred more it is a good investment. I think the sensor will probably cost more to buy separately down the line. The original 360 Kinect launched at 149, the Kinect 2 for Windows costs 199. If you think you might want to have Kinect down the line you will end up paying more than just buying it now bundled.

Obviously everyone's funds are different and I'm not here to judge what you can afford right now, but it seems clear the Kinect version with a free game is without a doubt a better overall value given how much additional stuff you get.
on March 13, 2014
Verified Purchase
It arrived on Titanfall's launch. It has a $500 console(Which runs you about $530+ if you buy in a store), comes with a $60 game($65 if you buy in a store), and ships it to you for $499, with no tax, in two days.

Edit: After having the console for a few days, I'd figure I'd update. First off, Titanfall is the most fun I've had in a FPS since maybe Halo 3. Love that it's an exclusive. Microsoft is packing a punch the old fashioned way, having games that only IT'S hardware has.(Like Nintendo and Sega in the 90's) It took me a longggggggg time to download it, but I have 2 mbps internet, so that's on me.

As for the console, except for a few little gripes, it's exceeded my expectations in all ways. It runs quiet, looks very sleek and glossy, and the Kinect is a very nice piece of technology. Not only is the video chat quality pretty good for when you're skyping, but it does stuff I didn't even know it could, like sign you into your gamertag when you walk into the room(Awesome)

I didn't really use the Kinect on 360, but it's a lot more of a viable product now. Voice command this time is not only more accurate, but it's more practical since this system was designed with Kinect in mind. Being able to just say "Xbox, go to Titanfall" at any moment(Since it's a digital copy) to go to your game is awesome. It's very much like using a Windows 8 computer, while you're switching between apps/desktop browser/etc. And it's dope how you can do something like watch Netflix or use Internet Explorer, while your game is loading or matchmaking, and you can go back to your game like you never left it after a few minutes.

Very happy with the One.
1212 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on March 23, 2014
Verified Purchase
Best console ever. We use this for playing games, watching movies, and viewing pictures on our OneDrive (SkyDrive). Our family has stopped purchasing DVD's or Blu-rays and we purchase all of our movies via Xbox Video. This allows us to watch the movies on the Xbox, our surface, and our Windows Phone.

The Kinect is greatly improved from the 360 version. And the best thing isn't so much the motion detection, which does work perfect, but being able to talk to the system is the best part. We also have our Verizon FIOS cable TV running through the system and this works great as well.

Ans of course the gaming goes without saying.
on May 14, 2014
Verified Purchase
I knew when I ordered it I was going to like it but had no idea I would love it as much as I do. Graphics are awesome and voice commands ate very convenient. Everything whether its Netflix or ESPN or a game loads quick and runs smoothly. I dont think I will tire of it saying hi every time I walk into the room any time soon. Only con I really have found is how long it takes to initially install a game but even that isn't enough to make me deduct a star. Would definitely recommend thus to anyone
on March 12, 2014
Verified Purchase
Well I have to say I jumped the boat to next gen gaming consoles with the PS4, but the X1 seems to be a better fit for my taste in games, so take this whole review in that perspective.

This system costs $499 shipped as of writing, and it came with Titanfall which retails for $59.99. The game is a digital code, so to some it matters to be its the preferred option. I am not one to trade back games, and I hate getting up to change disks and what not. I play this and my PS4 on a 70" Sony KDL 550R, and both machines look about the same I sit about 9-10ft away.

Ok, the system it self is large, and much bigger then the PS4 or PS3, but it fits in my entertainment center very well and blends very well with my receiver. I can see people who are not major gamers liking this option with out making their living room look like a 13 year old runs the house. I really like the sleek boxy look, and its fairly silent, but not dead silent. The system is quieter then the PS4 which at times when playing KillZone gets rather loud due to the cooling. This system requires that the a power brick is used, and unlike the PS4 its not built into the system. So hiding it can be a little bit of a pain, but not impossible with how big the Xbox One is.

Kinect...its a love and hate relation ship. When it works it works like a dream, and you really get used to walking into your house and saying "X-box On". Everything turns on and is sitting on the X-box one home screen, and then in the mornings I say xbox watch tv, and it puts the news on while I have my coffee and get ready for the day. However, we are in the process of redoing our floors, and the whole house echoes and the Kinect is having a hard time hearing X-box One. Yeah, it gets frustrating, but I am sure once everything is back to normal so will be Kinect.

Games, Games, Games....see I bought the PS4 not he nothing its the gamers machine. Well BF4 I play on PS4, but its on X1 as well, and having played them side by side I really could not tell the difference in 900p vs 1080p (experts tell me those are the resolutions). However, I am in love with Forza 5, excellent racing game and I am not much of a racer that game is 1080p and looks so amazing. Killer Instinct is a fighting game they offer on a free/paid program. You start the game for free with all options enabled except you get only one character try out with (they rotate characters on a weekly basis), and you can buy characters individually or buy the whole game for $19.99. The gameplay was very refreshing and fun to play, and best part is the training mode. Least, but not last is Titanfall....well where do I begin the game is amazing to say the least. First, I suck at online shooters, and in this game its okay you get to kill dumb AI and still get points lol...so yeah I killed a real person in it there other day was amazing lol. Go to a game site and read proper reviews the game is excellent a a hoot to play with friends. Talking about playing with friends the quality of the game chat is a sharp as using my iPhone its amazing really really good.

So overall I am very happy with this purchase, and it comes with a lot of value something I found lacking in the PS4 (now I know it cots less, but seemed I also got less). I love my PS4 and I am sure there will be plenty of games on both platforms, but this Titanfall bundle is hard to beat. Get it while it lasts.
on March 22, 2014
Verified Purchase
Honestly I've always been a PlayStation guy, i never even owned a Xbox 360 as a matter of fact. But i now own both a PS4 and a Xbox One and can say that im enjoying the Xbox One more. The biggest thing is how awesome the kinect is. I'm the type of gamer that pops the disc and starts but the way you can use the kinect to multitask is just....phenomenal. It makes everything so much easier and faster. And as cliche as it sounds it makes you feel like a part of the game. From commanding your archers to fire in Ryse to yelling "Over Here" in Dead Rising 3 to get zombies attention, it's just......awesome. I absolutely love it. I now see why Microsoft wanted the Kinect in the bundle, i'm eating my words from what i told my friends when i seen it at E3. Microsoft has just earned a new fan.
on May 14, 2014
Verified Purchase
I don't know how the console war will pan out for this generation, but as an owner of both a PS4 and an Xbox One, the Xbox is the clear winner in my house. The versatility of the machine is great, the tight integration of other devices makes this one a winner. The games are great, Xbox Live is much better than the PSN, and so far the kids play the Xbox One more than the PS4.

It is kind of hard to explain exactly why I like the Xbox over the PS4, but I do. My kids really wanted the PS4, and we bought it first, I bought the Xbox One a few weeks later, and while the PS4 hasn't been collecting dust, it has taken second place in our living room. I bought a year of PSN Plus, and shortly before buying the Xbox One had renewed our Xbox Live Gold, so it isn't like the PS4 has somehow been crippled or isn't being given a fair chance. In the end both consoles will get squeezed for everything they are worth in our house, the kids are pretty hard core gamers, and they don't exactly have a preference. They didn't seem to have a preference in the last generation either.
on March 21, 2014
Verified Purchase
its a great system my only wish is that this combo had some with some kind of xbox one skin for titanfall but overall its SO worth it. it comes with everything you need to set up with the mic and all. Its not a physical disk just a code which was a little sad seeing as i like to have the disk but with the first month paid for when you get this package it again makes it a complete set up which was/is awesome. love the voice control!