Customer Discussions > Xbox 360 LIVE 1600 Points forum

Xbox live point vs gold

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 1, 2011 9:36:19 PM PDT
hello, i am new to xbox 360, recently i've purchase an xbox 360 off from ebay, and i know i need to get xbox live in order to access MP on any xbox games, but my question is if i purchase xbox live point, will i be able to play games online, such as Halo Reach online?

Posted on Jun 2, 2011 12:19:59 PM PDT
Paul says:
You need an xbox live gold membership to play online multiplayer in any game, like Halo Reach. But you do not need to buy or spend any microsoft points to play online. Microsoft points are used to purchase downloadable games and content on xbox live.

Posted on May 31, 2012 6:05:42 PM PDT
Marshman says:
That was then and this is now. EA games, 2KSports, Rockstar and other game publishers want you to pay an online pass if you buy some new or used games. These online passes usually cost 800 Microsoft Points. Not every game requires an online pass though. So before you buy, check online (google) the information about specific game or call up Xbox customer support or Gamestop if you want them to look up game information for you.

Posted on Feb 8, 2013 5:08:04 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Feb 8, 2013 5:08:36 AM PST]
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  Jun 1, 2011
Latest post:  Feb 8, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Xbox 360 LIVE 1600 Points
Xbox 360 LIVE 1600 Points by Microsoft Software (Xbox 360 / One)
4.6 out of 5 stars (3,587)