4.0 out of 5 stars Saved me a lot of minutes!
I have been using this app for quite awhile, but today I was trying to help a family member get it setup and I realized it is no longer available on Google Play. At least Amazon still has it.

Published 20 months ago by Ryan

3.0 out of 5 stars It was fine when it worked
I installed this item. It was fine when it worked. However, it stopped working after a little while. I hope it will be improved.
Published 7 months ago by Twinclouds

4.0 out of 5 stars Saved me a lot of minutes!, November 8, 2012
This review is from: Google Voice Callback (App)

This app doesn't do anything with incoming calls. If you add your GV number to your "Friends and Family" list (for Verizon, other carriers probably have a different name or don't offer the service) all INCOMING calls to your GV number are free. You just have to have people call your GV number. If people call your "real" cell number, that will count against your available minutes.

This app will allow your OUTGOING calls to be free as long as you add your GV number to your "free calling" list. This app will let you choose which numbers to use GV to call (defined by rules you sett in the app's settings) and it will intercept those calls before they are dialed. The app will then login to the GV service through your wifi or 3G/4G network connection to place the call. (I have not tried to determine how much data is actually used, but I believe it is minuscule as it is just sending the phone number, and none of the voice data will go through wifi or 3G/4G.)

When the call is placed through your data connection, this app will tell GV which phone that you want to "callback". You can edit that list in your GV settings (Not sure if this link will work, but - [...]) and then tell this app which phone you would like to use. For most of us it will be our cell number that this app is installed on. So when the call is placed, your "callback" phone is called and once you answer it will call the party you are trying to talk to. The process does take a few extra seconds (and will not work if you do not have a data connection), but for me it is worth it because of the minutes that I save.

If you set this up properly, your cell carrier will see an INCOMING call from your GV number (that you have already added to your "free calling" list) and they will not bill you for those minutes.

The app will also clean up your call log so you don't see just a bunch of incoming calls from your GV number, you can actually tell that they are an outgoing call to the number you called. While I wish that the app's rules list was updated so you could just scroll through your contacts and select a box like some of the other apps that I have seen, this is still the most functional app that I have found so far. I hope the dev will look at it again and give it some updates in the future.

I have not played with any of the SIP functionality so I cannot comment on that.

5.0 out of 5 stars just what I was looking for!, May 15, 2014
This review is from: Google Voice Callback (App)
I was previously using grooveip to make VoIP calls with Google voice, but the xmpp interface is being shut down so I was looking for an alternative. Now I use callcentric (free did phone number, free incoming calls) and forward my Google voice calls to call centric number. I answer with csipsimple softphone. The problem was dialing out. I was going to the Google voice website and having Google voice call my callcentric number to initiate a call, but it was a hassle. This app is the dialer I needed to tie it all together! Only wish it could show me my favorite contacts or had a recent calls tab.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great app for getting free calls, February 18, 2013
This review is from: Google Voice Callback (App)
This basically takes an outgoing call that you are making and turns it into an incoming call from your google voice number. When you combine this with a voip account or cell carriers that have free incoming calls (such as US Cellular) it gives you cheap or free unlimited calling!

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding, September 6, 2012
This review is from: Google Voice Callback (App)
For anyone lucky enough to still have a friends & family or myfaves calling plan, this app is a must have. You basically get unlimited calls to almost anyone using this and its free. There is a little bit of a delay when waiting for the call to register but it is very short and a really small price to pay for the benefits of using the feature. I set up my settings to use Google Callback by default except to other numbers in my five most called list and to auto-answer. I have not noticed any issues with call quality, dropped calls, or anything of the like. Since I am connected to WiFi at home and work (about 90% of the time) I really don't have to worry about the little bit of extra data being used.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works excellent!, April 5, 2012
Omar (Chicago, IL) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Google Voice Callback (App)
Exactly as described. I like that you can set this to only work a defined time period and that it automatically accepts calls.

1.0 out of 5 stars Useless ..., May 4, 2014
Former Yooper (Planet New Mexico) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Google Voice Callback (App)
Since Amazon Appstore will no longer log in on my device this & all my other apps are now useless!
Way to go, Amazon. I'm done with Amazon Appstore. Have wasted hours trying to resolve this issue.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works pretty well on GNex4 KitKat!, April 10, 2014
This review is from: Google Voice Callback (App)
One thing I noticed was even if the callback doesn't go through, the call to the destination still does, with my CID no less. How rude of me.
On a related note, I couldn't get gtalk to ring. One of the callback "number" choice is your gmail address, but it doesn't ring hangouts or anything else.

5.0 out of 5 stars OMG..... saved me soooo much, February 19, 2014
This review is from: Google Voice Callback (App)
This is one of the only software programs that works well with Android to save you money calling back to a specific google number for on peak minutes. It saved me $ and minutes on my phone bill but unfortunately is almost obsolete now because most carriers have gone to full unlimited minutes.

2.0 out of 5 stars What does it do?, January 28, 2014
This review is from: Google Voice Callback (App)
Very unclear about the purpose of this app for those not computer literate we need more basic in basic language information. Guess what? We don't know what POP is or what really happen when you sink if you want us to buy more stuff give us that information free, I don;t want a book, short 15 min education.

3.0 out of 5 stars It was fine when it worked, December 8, 2013