5.0 out of 5 stars Speaks to Soul -- Universal Language, September 14, 2009
Texas Soulman (Houston, TX USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Xinti (Audio CD)
Beautiful! I love both "Xinti" and "Balance"! Sara's music washes over me and wraps me in warmth, peace, love and deep, deep appreciation of soul's universality. Although I do not speak Portugese I understand the feelings and emotion of Sara's music. Sara said during an interview her songs are "prayers and lullabies". I don't feel shortchanged by lack of language; hers is the language of the soul. I am so greatful that in the midst of my busy, hectic and sometimes stress filled days I can listen, engage soul and find peace. Sara's music makes me smile, dance and feel joy! Sara is the voice of a wise and joyful artist. It's amazing she has so much ahead of her and she will be wonderful to watch. Her music smiles and gives warm embraces. Thank you Sara Tavares!

4.0 out of 5 stars Like a refreshing, cool breeze..., September 15, 2009
This review is from: Xinti (Audio CD)
Although Balance is still my favorite, I was particularly moved by the "soulfoulness" of Ms. Tavares singing in this project. In an era of over hyped, computer assisted entertainers masquerading as artists, it is refreshing to hear a singer that can still speak directly to my soul... particularly in a language in which I am far from fluent.

5.0 out of 5 stars The beautiful Sara, February 7, 2010
This review is from: Xinti (Audio CD)
This particular collection of songs by this outstanding artist is perfection -- her phrasing, the warmth of her voice and expression of spirit, and the excellent musicians behind her, all balanced and soulful. My husband and I have listened to some of her other recordings and this one is our favorite.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sticking to her roots, January 15, 2010
James Ferguson (Vilnius, Lithuania) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Xinti (Audio CD)
Xinti is a very nice follow up to Balancê. Once again the music is suffused with African and Portuguese rhythms. Some of the songs are a bit too pop-laced for my taste. I like her best on songs like Di Alma and Sumanai, which is very much in the Afro-beat mode, if on a softer note. Her acoustic guitar and clarion voice have made her one of the shining stars in "world music." Check out her new live recording, Alive in Lisboa.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Music!!, August 3, 2010
This review is from: Xinti (Audio CD)
Love this album!! Sara Tavares is definitely a master of her craft. She has an excellent group of backing musician to help her create a relaxing and pleasant album. I do not speak Portuguese but I can still appreciate her as a great singer as well as the incredible quality of this music. It is such a good change of pace from current popular music.

If you like this album check out Balance.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sara Tavares is wonderful, March 26, 2013
This review is from: Xinti (Audio CD)
My boyfriend introduced me to this remarkable artist. I find her music to be both soothing and somewhat stimulating. I recommend it for those who llike alternative music.

5.0 out of 5 stars Xinti, October 23, 2012
This review is from: Xinti (Audio CD)
I am a lover of music and after stubbling upon the expression that graces the cover I said to myself there is something I need to hear. Well, I must say that I was bought and sold immediately. Sara put her heart into her music. She won me over with little or no effort. I am now a FFL (Fan for Life). This genre has captivated my listening ear and spoke deep within my spirit. It holds me and releasing me into a world that need to be tapped of it's natural gift for music appreciation. Grant it I am an English speaker, but regardless of the language barrier, the music will still reaches the depths of heart that is beating to a rhythm. Just reach out and listen to her, you will be rewarded with an art form of music that is worth the price in gold.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sara Tavares' Xinti Is Food for the Soul, September 6, 2012
H. Gragg (black mountain, nc) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Xinti (MP3 Music)
Sara Tavares' Xinti is a beautiful follow up to her 2006 album, Balancê. Admittedly, I do not understand all of the lyrics because I am an intermediate Brazilian Portuguese speaker and this album is in European and Cape Verdean Portuguese. Nonetheless, the combination of her voice and the musical arrangement is delightful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Xinti CD, July 28, 2012
This review is from: Xinti (Audio CD)
I love this album! It's soothing, yet exciting at the same time. Sara Tavares is very talented. Fundi Ku Mi is my favorite song on the album. Definitely worth a listen.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great CD, November 24, 2011
Dave29 (Philadelphia, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Xinti (Audio CD)
Ms. Tavares has once agian put in a stellar performance. I bought this CD and again bought it agian for friends.

Xinti
Xinti by Sara Tavares (Audio CD - 2009)
Click for more info
Temporarily out of stock. Order now and we'll deliver when available.