Amazon.com: Customer Reviews:
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Adele Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

• Customer Reviews

on June 30, 2013
I have had sinusitis, tonsillitis, ear infections for 30 years, so since I was a baby. I have some type of deviated septum and it runs in my paternal grandmother's side of the family, they all battle upper respiratory issues because the septum and cilia seem to trap it all until there is an indection. I have tried everything, spent dozens of courses on antibiotics, developed resitance to augmentin, amoxicillan, and cephalexan, used Alkolol, neti pots, I even spent $200. on the mechanical neti pot water pic-like device. I have been on numerous websites, seen ent's who just reccomend surgery which have no guarantee, and tried homeopathic strategies. Tried eliminating food which my doctor suggested I was sensitive or even allergic to with limited results. The Alkolol and water pic-like neti combo worked fairly well but was so time consuming and still I was getting sick, albeit less frequently. However the xclear with the xylitol in it seems to be almost a miracle for me. It has been one year since I had any upper respiratory infection and its because the xylitol in the xclear is keeping anything from colonizing. I still have tendencies towards the start of an infection which is because of the deviated septum, virus's and bacteria can not be moved out by the cilia like in a normal person, however I just start pushing the xclear every hour and within several hours or overnight I am fine again. I can not underestimate how much this product has helped me: I have had to miss school and work and in general the chronic infections gave me a poorer quality of life and I was even depressed that nothing seemed to help for more than a month. I almost never write reviews because I don't know what to say, however for all the people out there suffering may be this might make a difference for you, like it has for me.
66 comments|413 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 5, 2009
A few years ago I found my nose was so dry and my sinus passages so swollen that I couldn't breathe through my nose. Anxiety ridden, I began seeing an allergist. It turned out I have something called vasomotor rhinitis, a severe sensitivity to dry air. I live in Denver, so I was in deep trouble. I was on three drugs that I took daily to help me breathe, one a prescription drug. The prescription drug made my nose bleed, so the doctor told me to get a saline wash for my nose. I was in Whole Foods one day and just picked up Xlear off the shelf. If I had noticed the price, I would have put it back. Fortunately for me I didn't. The stuff has been a miracle. I got off all the drugs and now just use Xlear and I can breathe. I started using it six times a day because my nose was in bad shape, but feeling better and better I lowered the doses and now only use it twice a day. In the morning I rinse out my nose with Neil Med, and use this product in the afternoon and before I go to bed. From the moment I spray it in my nose I can feel my nasal passages begin to feel cool and the swelling go down. I am being totally serious when I say this product saved my sanity. It works better then the prescription drugs and I sleep though the night. The company has changed the level of volume of spray that a single pump produces since I first starting using it and does not release as high a volume of spray as the old non-spring loaded pump released. So I use three pumps of the spray, rather then the two recommended on the directions. I researched the key ingredient, a sugar compound from tree bark, and it is virtually harmless. It is the sweetener in trident gum. Three sprays instead of two is not the least bit harmful. I have been using it for over three years now and am still breathing fine. I stopped seeing my allergist. She informed me she was going to tell other patients she had of my experience with this product. I tried to tell National Jewish Hospital here in Denver to conduct studies on it. They have the top allergy clinic in the country. But they just blew me off. Apparently if you are not a major drug corporation you can't possibly have a serious product. If you are having trouble breathing, try this product. It's not dangerous, so what have you got to lose?
1717 comments|244 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 13, 2012
From Florida, the home of 365 day a year allergies.

I don't know how many people suffer, I mean REALLY suffer from allergies. As I have gotten older it has been shear agony. Neti Pot, quecertin, I tried it all. How can you use a neti pot when it would take a jack hammer to get through your sinus?

My allergy symptoms were extreme. My nose would all of sudden fill up, run like a sieve, my eyes would water so bad I couldn't see. I would literally sneeze for hours to the point of exhaustion. I would miss work and have to lay down. Literally I would become a non functioning person.

I have taken a Zirtec for several years. I am not sure it did anything but make it hard to get out of bed and put me to sleep at 8 pm. I was forced to use Afrin type products just to breath in bed. I am now off ALL allergy meds!!!!

You have to use this stuff as a constant nasal bath, bathing your sinus's. It works as good as Afrin type products but you must use it often. The minute you feel any sort of reaction, nose filling up, eyes watering etc squirt it in both nostrils. You HAVE to suck it in till you taste in from the back of your throat spraying 2,3,4 times, however much it takes. Use it LIBERALLY. It cannot hurt you. And don't wait till your head is so plugged nothing will get through.

Yes, this does burn a bit like water going up your nose, but don't be a baby for cripes sakes. Use it liberally and often, get off the drugs and nasal sprays. You have to feel it soak the sinus and run down the back of your throat. I can't stress that enough. It's awesome! It you don't have the stomach to use this liberally it is not going to work for the severe sufferer, don't waste your time.

I am telling you, not 5 minutes ago my sinus started to close, I used this product. Its back open. I dare say it's a miracle. The pharmaceutical companies must really hate this stuff. GOOD BYE ZIRTEC, GOOD BYE ALLEGRA, GOOD BYE AFRIN!

oh, and its almost 4 dollars less here on Amazon. My first bottle came from the health food store at 13.99.
66 comments|238 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 29, 2006
I discovered Xclear last year when we were hiking in Utah and I was getting yet another in a never-ending series of sinus infections. The doctor out there recommended it based on acectdotal information from his clients. I have not had any sinus infections since then. Anytime I start to feel that pressure in my face, I start using it and it's gone after 2 days. No more antibiotics !!
33 comments|160 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 14, 2014
I have a deviated septum; I have chronic sinusitis; the right side of my head and my right ear are frequently blocked. I have seen a number of medical specialists and the general consensus is that I would benefit from a variety of different surgical procedures to alleviate my condition. I have read about and spoken to people who have had some of the various surgical procedures performed, and the long-term consensus is that the problems eventually return. Basically, over the 50 or so years that I have endured this condition, the only relief I could expect was from Nasonex, a steroid. Using a Neti Pot with a salt and baking soda (buffer) solution helped some. Enter Xlear. I was skeptical, but curious as my wife has been using Xylitol lately in sugar-free baking. Xlear has really helped open up my sinuses. I have stopped using Nasonex (and am now prescription-free) and I am having much less trouble with breathing and hearing with my right ear. I debated only giving the product 4 stars because my results have not been quite as outstanding as some of the other reviews would imply, but my considerable comparative relief warrants 5 stars. I will continue to embrace the product and would highly recommend it to all sinusitis sufferers. It has really improved my sinus condition.
on March 24, 2013
After 15 years of being sick I'm a new woman. I started with sinus infections all year round that were treated with antibiotics and steroids. Even after sinus surgery, I ended up with adult onset asthma. One-by-one I started eliminating everything that I could in my environment and nothing really worked. My good health had been ruined. I never thought I would be cured of asthma. Then one day my dentist recommended xylitol for dental health. I kept getting thrush from the steroid inhalants and she told me xylitol might help. I read about the history of xylitol and decided to try it. I felt the benefits right away and slowly took most sugar out of my diet by using Xylitol in my tea and coffee and on cereal. I began chewing xylitol gum after every meal too. I noticed that my nose would run a little after chewing and it made my nose not so stuffy all day. Then XClear nose spray came out so I started using it too. It worked so well I kept it in my purse and car and bedside. Any time I had a stuffy nose I used it. I had begun using salt water rinses too. For ease, I bought the NeilMed brand. I was feeling much better. Then XClear came out with their version of a saline/xylitol nose rinse. For the first time in 15 years I don't have allergy symptoms and considering this is supposed to be one of the worst seasons ever it is more amazing. I don't have all the "ache-all-over" feelings that were probably caused by yeast/candida in my system because of regular heavy duty antibiotics and too much sugar in my diet, plus all the steroids - Nasarel, Flonase, Flovent, Albuterol, Prednisone, Singulair, also NSAIDS for all the symptoms caused by the steroids. I now consider myself cured. I got only one bad cold this year. While everyone else around me got sick with horrible coughs that lasted for over a month, and then turned into pneumonia, I got better within a little over a week. I used the XClear nose spray and even while I had a cold, my nose was barely stuffy. When I used the salt water/xylitol rinse while I had the cold I was amazed at how the mucous just poured out of my sinuses (sorry). A few years ago I would have ended up in the emergency room with asthma; forced to take the strongest antibiotics I could handle. I even had one of those breathing machines at home. Today I rarely use any traditional asthma meds at all. I do keep an inhaler handy because I'm still wary but I haven't been using it at all. On a bad pollen day I do take Claritin D as a just-in-case but rarely. I don't have any stomach problems either. After 2 years of xylitol use the woman that cleans my teeth tells me there is nothing to do... no plaque at all. Oh, I guess I should mention that I don't crave sweets like I used to and I've dropped a good 10 pounds. I recommend reading up on xylitol before you give it a try. It is an interesting story and for me, a miracle cure.
33 comments|107 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 14, 2012
I'm a big fan of Xlear and use it religiously instead of my previous Netti Pot regime. It is very effective at keeping seasonal allergies at bay and keeping the sinus cavity clear. It also is said to prevent tooth decay and the bacteria that cause bad breath, so I consider that a nice side effect. I use it prior to going to bed and each morning. Great product!
on January 2, 2013
Surgery didn't seem to help with the severe sinus infections I would get every time I caught a head cold. The numerous doctors I saw prescribed nose sprays, allergy meds, anti-inflammatory drugs, etc, but to no avail. Xlear did!

I finally bought a book on how to get rid of sinus infections naturally called, "No More Allergies, Asthma or Sinus Infections" by Lon Jones ($11.35 on Amazon). The book talks about Xylitol, a natural sweetener, which also works to clear nasal passages which keeps airways clear therefore helping with asthma symptoms when used as a nasal spray. The product is called "Xlear" and since I started using it two years ago, I haven't had any sinus infections! In fact, by using this every day, I no longer use the daily prescription nose sprays I was on, Nasonex and Astelin. I also stopped taking my daily Singular tablet for my dust mite allergies. This was about six months after I started using the XClear every day. I really don't know why I waited so long to stop the other meds. FYI...My doctor advised against it. I am soooo glad I did not follow his advise on this one.

Instead of paying the monthly bill for the three prescriptions mentioned, upwards of $150 a month and doctor's visits and super strong & expensive antibiotics about every four months for sinus infections, I now only use the Xlear, which I buy on Amazon for $17.49 for three bottles. They last a long time. In fact, since it is so cheap, I bought three 3-packs and keep one bottle in just about every place my family or me might need one, my car, my purse, kitchen, bedroom, bathroom, each kid has one in their rooms, my husband has one at work and one in his car. They are never far out of reach. Just being diligent about using this one product, we have decreased colds, allergies and sniffles in our house.

If you decide to buy Xlear without reading the book, just know that you use (or, at least, I do) two sprays in each nostril, while inhaling through your nose, then hold your head back and let it run down the back of your throat. This step is important as it "cleanes" your passages on the way down. Do not blow the excess out of your nose if you can help it. At first, if you are clogged up, it may not be able to get through until after a few uses, but you will notice a change and usually within the first day. It also loosens and cleans out old gunk, so you will notice a lot of thick/hardened goop exiting (either by blowing or swallowing). This is a good thing!

Xylitol tastes great and is also great for teeth and is said to assist in stopping cavities and plaque buildup. I bought the toothpaste about six months ago and use it twice a day. I just had my teeth cleaned two week ago and my dentist commented on what little plaque had built up, which meant hardly any scraping at the gum lines. I floss every day but when using regular toothpaste, my dentist did a lot of scraping every time I had my teeth cleaned and I hated that part the most! Until this past visit, I had my kids using regular toothpaste at bedtime and "Spry" Xylitol toothpaste in the am. Now they are only using the Spry.

My dentist said she had heard good things about Spry. However, Spry is not the cheapest. I buy the 6-pack on Amazon for $33.99 ($5.67 per tube). if it helps stop cavities and plaque buildup, then in the long run it will save money. There is also a book about this called, "Kiss Your Dentist Goodbye" by Ellie Phillips. I have not read this book, but there was an excerpt on it in the sinus book. The also have "Spry" gum and mints which I buy in bulk and keep in my purse and in the car and let my kids have as much as they want. Chewing it keeps your teeth clean and it is sugar free, preservative free, and has no artificial dyes or flavors.

Sorry for the info-overload, but I am so happy to have found this product.
VINE VOICEon July 15, 2011
Best stuff on the market, including all the drug based sprays (Nasonex, Omnicort, et al), and best of all, completely drug free!

I have had a couple of sinus surgeries, and I unfortunately am well-versed in all products and methods pertaining to cleaning out your sinuses.

I have a $125 Grossan water pic type machine JUST for flooding water through my nose, and I have used everything from Neti Pots, to the squeeze bottles, to you name it.

Two things work for me:
1. If things get really bad, I will break out my Grossan...rarely have to do that these days, only if I feel an infection coming on.
2. This Xlear spray.

I have always wondered WHY this stuff is so much more effective than other sprays on the market, and to be honest, I don't think it's the Xylitol (I make my own sinus rinse packets for the machine I use, and add my own Xylitol) So the only other ingredient is the grapefruit seed extract, which they claim to be a preservative, but brother let me tell you, that stuff REALLY clean you out!

Within a couple of minutes of spraying, I can blow my nose and be much more, let's say "productive" than with anything else I have used. I can't explain WHY that is...but bottom line I guess I don't care as long as it continues to work.

I also prefer the smaller Xlear squeeze bottles to these larger sized pump ones as they travel better, and the spray mechanism works as well or better also.

Highly HIGHLY recommended.
11 comment|56 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 13, 2008
I've had problems with chronic sinus infections for the past two years. They just kept coming back.

I felt one coming on and I decided to try this spray instead of going to the doctor again!

And it worked.... I caught it just in time and it released all the junk that stuck in my sinuses. The pressure and pain was released!

We're coming up on winter and I have high hopes to be sinus infection free.
22 comments|50 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse