5.0 out of 5 stars Great Quality
Customer Video Review     Length:: 1:28 Mins
Pros:
Weatherproof
Steel Construction
Ascetically Pleasing
IR night vision mode works great
Perfect for 960H DVRs

Other Thoughts:
For the money, this is one of the best value security cameras on the...
Published 10 months ago by Victor

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star
Video quality is only marginally better than the cheapo 420 TVL cameras that I have.
Published 2 months ago by M

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Quality, February 16, 2014
This review is from: XsecuTM 800TVL Color IR Cut Technology/ 3.6mm CCTV Outdoor Security Camera (Electronics)
Length:: 1:28 Mins

Pros:
Weatherproof
Steel Construction
Ascetically Pleasing
IR night vision mode works great
Perfect for 960H DVRs

Other Thoughts:
For the money, this is one of the best value security cameras on the market. I have purchased numerous different cameras in the $15-40 price range and none of them compare to the build quality and video quality of XSecu.

I have been using 4 of these cameras for the last 3 months and I am very happy with their performance. Even with rain, snow and extreme cold weather (-8F) these never failed.

Compared to Zmodo and Kguard cameras, these come perfectly configured from the manufacture. The color reproduction is natural and true. The brightness and gain control is effective and produces good quality video.

One of the best features of these cameras, they turn on IR night vision mode perfectly. The zmodos turned on much to soon. This meant that the image would turn black and white even when it was still daylight. This was annoying and reduced the video quality unnecessarily. The XSecu transition to IR mode perfectly.

I uploaded a video to accompany this review. Unfortunately there has been snow on the ground for the last 2 months so it was hard to find some video footage with some color in it. The video was shot with a XSecu 800TVL weatherproof bullet camera feeding into a KGuard DVR recording at 8fps D1 Resolution. I would like to upgrade my DVR to 960H resolution to take full advantage of the camera quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars I have one of these cameras, May 18, 2014
I have one of these cameras and 5 Zmodo 700 tvl cameras. This camera is slightly bigger than the zmodo cameras. Color and IR night vision is better than the zmodo cameras. The video and power cable runs through the base and is hidden unlike the zmodo cameras. The only quark about this camera is when it switches from day light to night time IR mode you can hear a relay clicking back and forth from 6 to 12 times over 10 to 20 seconds. The clicking can be heard 20 feet away. Not sure how long term reliability is for the mechanical relay.

You can't go wrong with these cameras.

4.0 out of 5 stars Look no further., July 24, 2014
Charles (Here & There) - See all my reviews
Very Nice So Far...Other reviewer mentioned clicking; other than that being true, I can't add much Construction of the camera & packaging are first class. Easily the best camera I have now. Will be getting more. Extra wide angle. The ones that came w/ my zmodo system were pretty decent.

Edit: Purchased 3 total. Sold on these cams; but have no more open slots. Guess I'll have to buy a second 8 channel system & then a bigger property to justify all those cameras. Wait...no.

Update- I keep buying these & will replace all the OEM on my system with these. However, I don't like the mount on these. I'd rather pay a few dollars less & buy my own mount. The add on mounts are easier to work with.

Still a 4.5 out of 5. 1/2 off for the mount.

5.0 out of 5 stars I AM HAPPY!, November 21, 2014
DING! DING! DING!

We have a winner! We have a winner!
This camera is the one!
I bought 2. At this price, you can't go wrong.
Picture quality and color is very good. Better than what I have now. I was really surprised!

No problems seeing clearly in low light. I will set up another one tomorrow in no light and let you know what I can see.

I have a 16 camera, outdoor security system. And when it comes time to replace the other 14 original cameras, I will replace with these.

Really a good camera for those who don't want to spend a lot, like me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice for the price, November 18, 2014
Very nice for the price. I have tried 4 different cameras some with supposedly higher tvlp/in and definitely higher price on my cctv system and these are by far the best. mounting system exactly what I needed under the eve. picture is the best i've seen from a small 4 or 8 camera cctv set up like these. My original Roswell cameras went back in the box. I will get two more of these in the near future if available.

5.0 out of 5 stars At this time...................., November 19, 2014
Rl Shuey (Spanaway, WA) - See all my reviews
It's working just great and I think it was a great purchase. I think at less than $30 this camera can't be beat at this time, but who knows, at the rate technology is moving along I may be saying the same thing about another camera next month! Well IMHO at this time I think this camera is a bargin!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent night vision, December 8, 2014
Excellent night vision, and nice sharp color image. Good quality for the price, and when it gives out I will get another one.
I got tired of replacing $200 cameras that are not much better than this one.

4.0 out of 5 stars As far as the color very happy with it and overall very satisfied, October 5, 2014
I thought I already wrote a review on this item, As far as the color very happy with it and overall very satisfied.

Carl

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, October 23, 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice little camera, December 5, 2014
Works good for the price you can't beat it. Definitely will be getting more of them

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›