5.0 out of 5 stars !! Awesome !!
Published on March 11, 2012 by Christian Ventor

2.0 out of 5 stars Not made for everyone
Published on January 1, 2012 by HC

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars !! Awesome !!, March 11, 2012
This review is from: XtendPlay for Xbox 360 (Video Game)
I am a 45 year old gamer. Been gaming my whole life. I suffer from severe carpal tunnel.Numb fingers and hand when gaming. From my job...To my sport.....To my gaming. I started PC gaming to help with my problem,and it did. But, I missed my xbox. I got this and I could not be happier. Works well with a play and charge, so you don't have to take it off.It has let me continue to game. I recommend it 100%.Money well spent !!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Effective, but could be better, January 31, 2012
This review is from: XtendPlay for Xbox 360 (Video Game)
For the first few hours the XtendPlay felt a bit awkward. After about 10 hours it was a little better, but still awkward. At that point I took it off and started using just the controller. I immediately saw the benefit of using the XtendPlay as I could feel myself gripping the controller a lot harder. So my verdict, effective, but could be better. If they made the sides where your palms rest conform a little better to the hand I think it would improve the feel. As it is now if feels like I'm holding a block. I also tend to stand a lot while gaming so being able to rest the controller against my stomach is nice. Without the XtendPlay my shoulders would start to get sore after a while.

I'm going to continue using it, but if they improve it I'll get another one. It's a great idea, and it works.

4.0 out of 5 stars Helps me worry less about carpal tunnel, April 25, 2011
Allen Rue (Philadelphia, PA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: XtendPlay for Xbox 360 (Video Game)
I am only a casual gamer with carpal tunnel in one of my wrists, but I must say that using the Xtendplay definitely helps. The green slime color is not the classiest, but you will never lose your Xbox controller because it stands out across the room. Beware of possible microphone attachment difficulties if you do not use the Microsoft headset. I have a gaming headset microphone adapter that will not work with the Xtendplay because the microphone adapter does not fit within the Xtendplay. I bought a separate adapter that fits - easy fix. I find the Xtendplay material feels good in my hands. It kind of reminds me of something I've used in a swimming pool. I feel like the XtendPlay is a little pricey, but my hands and wrists feel remarkably more relaxed after playing some Halo or Gears of War. After you get over the sticker shock, I think you will find your XtendPlay a good investment.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not made for everyone, January 1, 2012
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: XtendPlay for Xbox 360 (Video Game)
I was pretty excited for the XtendPlay because I've been getting pains in my wrist and shoulder when playing COD and other games for a long time. However, the foam is really bulky and is clearly not designed for people with smaller hands. I'm a girl, and my fingers could barely reach the bumpers and triggers and I had to completely change my hand positioning to be able to tap the Y button. Obviously, I couldn't use the thing to play COD. I tried to make it work, but there is no way that I can see unless I somehow cut the sides of the foam down. My boyfriend tried it, and he was able to reach all the controls, so I guess people with bigger hands can use it better.

Also, because the foam covers the bottom of the controller, you cannot plug in your headset. I did go ahead and punch a hole in the foam to plug in my Turtlebeaches, and that's not too difficult to do. However, if you use your Xbox to watch Netflix or anything else, then you have to unplug the headset from the controller, and to do that, you have to pull the controller out of the sleeve, so that becomes a pain.

In the end, it didn't work out for me. If you have bigger hands and you don't need to unplug or use a headset, though, then this may be a good investment for you. Good luck. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars XtendPlay is a genius invention., November 12, 2011
This review is from: XtendPlay for Xbox 360 (Video Game)
XtendPlay is simply awesome. I just received it in the mail today and started playing Modern Warfare 3 with the XtendPlay and I definitely noticed a difference between accuracy and aiming is more precise. It takes a while to get used to but it's extremely comfortable resting it on your stomach or however makes you feel comfortable. My KD increased and it's thanks to this bad boy. Pick it up and try it out, you'll love it! If you try it and it's not for you, within 30 days you can return it and they'll refund your money and pay for shipping to ship it back. But you won't need to because this thing is AWESOME! The best thing about this is NO MORE cramps in the hands and this gives your hands and fingers a natural feel. As stated, this won't limit your gaming time, it'll increase it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome accessory, October 8, 2011
ianoid "ianoid" (Texas, US of gosh darn A) - See all my reviews
This review is from: XtendPlay for Xbox 360 (Video Game)
I'm pretty into this accessory. It makes long sessions playing your Xbox far less painful for your hands. It's big, but it's a very good design. Worth checking out if you have controller claw hand (gnurled fingers and hand discomfort) after playing your favorite games. I never thought the Xbox controller was that great of a design, and this type of product is definitely needed.

XtendPlay is made of a soft foam that is more dense and hard than Nerf material, but it is softer than high density plastic. It was a good choice of densities by the designers.

The main flaw is that there is no hole or space for your Xbox talkback cable with a puck or (obviously) for your chat pad. I would say the next production run should design in a space for your cable to go. It does work with the standard crummy Xbox Live headsets that come with your Xbox. If you have headphones with a mic built in, you will have to use a regular straight talkback cable or one with in-line volume controls, and this product works fine with straight or right angle cables for Xbox Live chat, although the fit on the controller is slightly less snug. It DOES NOT fit a controller with the puck style (my favorite) talkback cable. Basically to hook up your talkback cable or unhook it, you will have to take the controller out of the XtendPlay to do so. I drilled a hole in my Xtend Play to make it easier to remove the cable, but this doesn't help me when I want to hook it up again, I have to thread the cable through and plug it in and slide the controller back into the Xtend Play.

4.0 out of 5 stars Xtendplay review, August 14, 2011
This review is from: XtendPlay for Xbox 360 (Video Game)
I purchased this after hearing about it through another gaming site. The product does work well. I have not noted any hand/wrist fatigue after long gaming sessions (3+ hours. The only negative is that it says it is compatable with the Triton AX PRO headset but since Triton as gone to a "puck" insert onto the xbox controller some modifications had to be made by cutting out a portion. Other than that if you are looking for a more ergonomic fit for your controller than this is for you. I also noted that you could fit the PS3 controller into the 360 Xtendplay and it works just fine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great After Adjusment!, March 1, 2012
This review is from: XtendPlay for Xbox 360 (Video Game)
Because I have a Joint Hypermobility Syndrome controllers have given me a hard time with pain especially in my wrists and thumbs. I was not able to play for long periods without a great deal of pain. I mostly play first-player RPG games. I have small hands and the XtendPlay felt very awkward at first, but I gave it a chance and now I am so glad I did. It truly does keep my hands and wrists in a more natural position allowing me longer playing time. My hands don't sweat either. I still have some problems with pain in my thumbs but it is due to the position of the buttons and hyper-extension. The material is comfortable and it is much nicer keeping it closer to my body. If you try this I suggest giving it three weeks to adjust so you can find a comfortable position to use it because I was ready to send it back after only using it a couple of times. The only drawback for me is having to take it in and out of the sleeve to charge it, but it's not too bad once you get a hang of it.

4.0 out of 5 stars I enjoy gaming with it so much more, February 23, 2012
This review is from: XtendPlay for Xbox 360 (Video Game)
I received the xtendplay a little after the first of the year and have not gamed without it since. Before I started using this green chunk of awesome I couldn't play for more than an hour before my hands would start to cramp. After almost two months I doubt i'll go without it ever again and i'm seriously considering getting another one for my spare controller. I'm not a marathon type gamer, maybe a couple hours here and there as a study break, but I do get more out of the time I game. Highly Recommended Product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks funny! Works Great!, January 28, 2012
This review is from: XtendPlay for Xbox 360 (Video Game)
@ first when I saw the Xtendplay I was leary. It looks weird & makes you wonder, "How could this work?"
Well this answer is it works great. I have a problem with my hand going to sleep when I hold a controller normally. My fingers curl around the controller base and cause my wrist to be @ an angle that constricts bloodflow causing my hand to fall asleep.
With the Xtendplay my fingers & wrist are at a more natural position preventing reduced blood flow and allowing me to play much longer.
So as the title says Looks funny, Works great.
Also you can use your headset with them, just plug it in first and allow a little slack when you slide the Xtendplay on the controller.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

XtendPlay for Xbox 360
XtendPlay for Xbox 360 by Xwerx (Xbox 360)
$19.99