5.0 out of 5 stars Would buy again in a heartbeat
Published 13 months ago by Eric Oertle

1.0 out of 5 stars Dissappointed
Published 14 months ago by Dustin

5.0 out of 5 stars Would buy again in a heartbeat, June 29, 2013
This review is from: XtremepowerUS (BLACK) IN / ABOVE GROUND AUTOMATIC SWIMMING POOL CLEANER HOVER (Kitchen)
After going through 2 Baracudas including multiple expensive rebuilds in the past 14 years, I went last season just doing it by hand. I decided to try this unit this year and have been pleasantly surprised. It doesn't get stuck as often and is doing as good if not better at cleaning my 20x32 inground pool. At a fraction of the price I could replace the whole thing every 3 seasons and be way ahead financially.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth 4X the money!, June 18, 2013
I assembled and used the item per the instructions and it works as designed, as advertised and just as good as the 300-400 dollar cleaners out there. I use an Intex 2650 gph sand filter pump in an 18' pool. The only time it snags is when it runs over itself at the intake pipe or if I didn't gauge the hose length correctly and stalls against the wall or ladder. Its a great product for under $100 and the instructions are well written; read them and enjoy. I actually enjoy manipulating the thing with my skimmer pole and I have the whole pool clean in 20-30 minutes.

UPDATE 7/8/13: Been using this cleaner twice per week for the past 7 weeks. No breakdowns or issues to report. Have been letting my neighbor borrow it when his $382 kreepy krawler petered out on him (flapper split in half). With my extra hose sections, he was able to turn it loose in his 30' pool [with an actual skimmer]; he loves it but his wife doesn't like the color [black]. Now it's cleaning 2 pools 2-3 times per week until he replaces his. My side wall inlet challenges this cleaner [not an actual skimmer port] so I use the [included] eyeball diverter to 'shoo' it away automatically. Think I'm getting the hang of it. Best and most impressive $80 I ever spent. Hang onto those instructions. Without them, I wouldn't have known what that diverter thingy was all about but man-o-man is that thing sweet.

4.0 out of 5 stars I'm happy with this cleaner, June 24, 2013
So far, I'm very satisfied with this cleaner. As others have mentioned, the assembly instructions are not spot on clear but it's easy enough to figure out. It didn't seem to be working all that well when I initially got it. It was moving VERY slowly around the pool. I determined that the way it attached to the skimmer (using the pipe provided) was impeding it's ability to maintain a good suction. I went to the local "big box" store and purchased the parts to make an "L" shaped attachment (cost about $5). I hooked up one end of the "L" to my skimmer and then attached the cleaner's hose to the other end - it worked like a champ! My pool looks great all the time! You can't beat the price compared to a Kreepy Krawler and it does the same job. Buy it!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Great!, December 23, 2012
I got this to clean my in-ground pool. My pool is 12,000 gallons and has a 2hp pump. It was easy to hook up. At first I had some problems with my pump not getting enough water flow, I finally figured out that you can adjust the pressure regulator by changing which notch the spring was on, after doing that, it has worked perfectly. I've only been using it for a few days, but my pool looks great!

5.0 out of 5 stars So far so good, May 28, 2013
This thing works great. I've only been using it for a couple of weeks, but seems to be a good product.

1.0 out of 5 stars Dissappointed, May 28, 2013
I came across this thing and was swayed by the decent reviews, resemblance to the Kreepy Krauly, and cheap price, so I decided to give it a shot. The description says it can be used in any type pool, but I highly disagree. In my in ground pool with 8ft deep end and slanted side walls, this thing was awful. Regardless of following the instructions for setup exactly, it seemed to follow the exact same cleaning pattern around the outside wall of the pool every time, and would get stuck in in the most random places every 5-10 minutes. I spent more time redirecting this thing when it was stuck than I would have just vacuuming my pool manually. Suction power was okay, and seemed to get up dirt and leaves, but it would not pick up sand very well. Those with an above ground pool with no depth changes and vertical walls may find it useful, but I would highly recommend saving up for a decent cleaner and not wasting your time and money on this junk.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Product for the Price, March 11, 2014
I love this little guy! It does a great job with our pool. There is 1 single spot it doesn't ever go but that could be the flow of our pool or the stiffness of the new hoses. The rest of the pool is super clean. This vacuum even gets all the way up the walls. For the price you can not beat the performance. Don't bother spending 3x's the cost of on a more expensive version

5.0 out of 5 stars Review after use for 1 full year, January 28, 2014
I have used this cleaner for 1 full year now! It is absolutely amazing. I havent had an issue with it yet and for the price I would say it is very well worth it. I have a standard 20,000 gallon pool and it cleans the entire thing. It can get stuck on the steps sometimes but usually gets out.

5.0 out of 5 stars NOVICE POOL CLEANER IN NEED OF HELP, September 25, 2013
KIT HAS BEEN IN THE POOL AND DOING ITS JOB FOR THE PAST TWO WEEKS AND THE POOL IS SPOTLESS....

5.0 out of 5 stars Good cleaner for the price., December 15, 2012
This cleaner is worth the money. It takes a little time to get it put together and the weights adjusted so it works properly but I am very satisfied. I have a inground play pool and would recommend buying it.

Rate and Discover Movies